Farming for the Badaboom, and I realized something

#1Phoenixmon2Posted 3/15/2014 9:52:38 PM
The quickest way to farm King Mong is to start from the exit to Arid Nexus, and see if he spawned near the turret. There is no catch a ride nearby, so you'd have to go through two more loading screens to get a vehicle and go check if he spawned in the other spot...instead, I just save and quit and keep checking the spot close by.

However, on top of the chances of getting the drop, and the chances of him spawning, there's a chance the Badaboom won't even be the right level.

So...OMG THIS IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME.

Dammit, how did they think this would work out well? I've accomplished so little in weeks, trying to get good items.
#2xlinerPosted 3/15/2014 10:01:39 PM
You should play Dark Souls 2 and make a blog about it.
---
My Dark Souls 2 death count: 163 | NG+1 | SL: 154 | SM: 2564781
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#3Kurgan777Posted 3/15/2014 10:20:37 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
so you'd have to go through two more loading screens

There's something wrong if you're getting loading screens within a level.

Last time I farmed King Mong he spawned near the gate closest to the Dust entrance more often than the other location.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#4apaticuzPosted 3/15/2014 10:32:36 PM
Why even play this game if its SUCH A WASTE OF TIME? Play something else, or even do something else.
---
Soooo, this is my signature... You like it?
Yeah, me to. Glad I made it.
#5stickboy2323Posted 3/15/2014 10:33:51 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Phoenixmon2 posted...
so you'd have to go through two more loading screens

There's something wrong if you're getting loading screens within a level.

Last time I farmed King Mong he spawned near the gate closest to the Dust entrance more often than the other location.

He's getting loading screens because he's starting at the Arid Nexus exit, going through to get a car and then traveling back to EB, I'd guess.

This is the wrong way to farm KM. Just fast travel to EB, grab a car at the catch a ride that's right there and proceed to farming. Takes like 3 mins or less per attempt including the save/quit/reload.
---
Badass Rank: 15
#6Phoenixmon2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2014 10:51:26 PM
That's like, the same amount of time it takes to kill him near the Arid Nexus exit, save and quit, and reload.
#7killbot357Posted 3/16/2014 5:56:26 AM
xliner posted...
You should play Dark Souls 2 and make a blog about it.

A++ would read
---
XBOX / PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
Currently playing: Dark Souls 2
#8Kurgan777Posted 3/16/2014 5:50:51 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
That's like, the same amount of time it takes to kill him near the Arid Nexus exit, save and quit, and reload.

Killing him with the Runner is easier (especially with a bee shield equipped), plus if you wait to kill him until the Rakks come out, you increase the chances of tubby rakks showing up.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#9The1hHhbkPosted 3/16/2014 5:56:21 PM
i had a lot of luck getting him by saving and quitting after exiting the Warrior's area so that i spawn on the ledge. he appears right in front of the gated area in the path heading to heroes pass
---
"D-Generation X! You make the rules and we'll break em!"-HBK
Former 2X World HP Champion D-Generation seX AHK
#10Phoenixmon2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2014 6:31:46 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Phoenixmon2 posted...

Killing him with the Runner is easier (especially with a bee shield equipped), plus if you wait to kill him until the Rakks come out, you increase the chances of tubby rakks showing up.

I have a Lady Fist that can kill him way faster than the runner, and I've never seen a Tubby Rakk in that area

so w/e