Can anyone help me decide what class to play?

#1RPG_ApostlePosted 4/8/2014 3:56:13 AM
I'm getting the VITA version soon because it's tough to find time to play console games on my TV.

So I was a Mordecai player in BL1 and I loved him. After some time thinking, I realized why: Bloodwing. Having a trump card during combat that actively sought out my enemies and essentially "had my back" during Solo play was stellar, and also helped during co-op.

So I'm looking at Gaige and Axton, because they both have a similar ability: Deathtrap and Turret.

I'll be playing both Solo and Co-Op. Can Axton be built more offensive than Roland was? Is Gaige's skill tree focusing on Deathtrap any fun? How easy are either of the characters?

Thanks in advance for the help!
---
SunDevil77 posted...
Taking teeth and biting Johnson.
#2RasenangelPosted 4/8/2014 4:22:33 AM
I would choose gaige, but here's at tip: Don't spec all of your points into making death trap stronger. If you do this, you will probably end up down a lot and begin to hate the character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdP9Dc38JdE This is a great build. Using this, I almost never died in normal mode. In fact, I went on to tvhm at lvl 40. It was awesome and I get a major head-start in tvhm. She is a very awesome character, but can make you want to punch something sometimes. Still though, she is easier to use than axton.
---
GT: Rasenangel
Starting on Pyro Pete's health AAANNNDDD ITS GONE!
#3demonwyrmPosted 4/8/2014 7:27:25 AM
Rasenangel posted the same link in a thread I started a couple days ago. He's right. It's a pretty solid build. I invested a lot of perks buffing Deathtrap and I was getting nowhere. After a quick respec and leveling up a handful of times, Gaige is becoming quite beastly. Anarchy + Wires Don't Talk + Interspersed Outburst make for some face melting fun. She's probably my favorite character, much more fun than Axton.
---
GT/PSN: demonwyrm666x
#4zhukov1943Posted 4/8/2014 7:36:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5PDGMTGPosted 4/8/2014 7:37:32 AM
Yeah, Axton overall is probably the most boring character. He has his ups, but overall he is a very defensive character.

I can't put any input into Gaige, she's the one character I never got.

After I've got a good handle on the game, I love Zero. But I wouldn't recommend him for a new player. He was also my first character, and I found him terrible when I first started, because I just didn't know how to play him.
---
-Just Some Random
#6drake_skullPosted 4/8/2014 10:48:17 AM
Krieg is amazing fun. Axton can be pretty good for an aggressive explosive build, use everything Torgue, and Mr Torgue himself will approve. And Nuke turrets can be awesome too. Nuke Slag rocket turrets.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#7rush86Posted 4/9/2014 1:32:13 AM
Maya is the best at mobing and crowd control and just amazing. Raid bosses she not to great with solo. 2nd choice is gaige. They are my 2 favorite characters and very powerful. And great choices
#8rush86Posted 4/9/2014 1:35:04 AM
Rasenangel posted...
I would choose gaige, but here's at tip: Don't spec all of your points into making death trap stronger. If you do this, you will probably end up down a lot and begin to hate the character. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdP9Dc38JdE This is a great build. Using this, I almost never died in normal mode. In fact, I went on to tvhm at lvl 40. It was awesome and I get a major head-start in tvhm. She is a very awesome character, but can make you want to punch something sometimes. Still though, she is easier to use than axton.

This is not true. I put alot into making deathtrap powerful and I barely ever go down. All he needs for attacks are explosive clap and robot rampage.
#9mrbeef523Posted 4/10/2014 2:05:00 PM
Salvador.

Because gunzerking.
---
GT: Ellipsis415
Playing: CoD: G, GTA V, Bioshock 2.
#10Lukai2002Posted 4/16/2014 8:52:26 AM
gaige is probably the best character, but i use phsyco, phsyco very fun