I hope they bring back the assault rifles from the first game

#1reload88Posted 4/9/2014 5:28:42 AM
I really liked assault rifles in BL1 but never really bothered with them in BL2. Hope they bring them back for the moon base
---
Eh? Sure,why not?
#2NekoSlavePosted 4/10/2014 3:56:32 AM
What's different about them in 2? I don't have 2 yet, but have been playing 1 using AR's off and on as I collect some.
---
An unexpected creeper came in and destroyed everything while you were trying to do something?
I can't think of a better introduction to Minecraft. -Holdemtime
#3reload88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:12:00 AM
They have different firing patterns then the first game and they seem really weak. Except for a few blues and legendaries I've never had much use for them in BL2. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure some people love them,
---
Eh? Sure,why not?
#4PDGMTGPosted 4/10/2014 5:54:03 AM
Assault rifles is one of the classes I never use. I never played BL1, but in this game, they are overall much weaker and more difficult to control than other types, most notably SMG's. AR's are basically outclassed in every way from SMG's, there is no point to them.

I hope to see them with some advantage over SMG's, definitely. Right now it just feels like a wasted class.
---
-Just Some Random
#5reload88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 6:54:01 AM
My thoughts exactly. In bl1 they were way more powerful.
---
Eh? Sure,why not?
#6ZarnonElchrisPosted 4/10/2014 6:59:50 AM
PDGMTG posted...
Assault rifles is one of the classes I never use. I never played BL1, but in this game, they are overall much weaker and more difficult to control than other types, most notably SMG's. AR's are basically outclassed in every way from SMG's, there is no point to them.

I hope to see them with some advantage over SMG's, definitely. Right now it just feels like a wasted class.

I wholly disagree. In my opinion a Vladof AR outclasses SMGs from any manufacturer, and Torgue ARs are the best standard weapons the game has to offer.
All SMGs have going for them is Plasma Casters, and the cheesiness that is BeeHawking.
If anything makes ARs look weak, it's Vladof pistols, which have incredible stats but I hate how much recoil they have.
#7Sk3tch666Posted 4/10/2014 7:40:17 AM
Compared to a glorious havoc in the first game all ar's are garbage
#8Jambi_ManPosted 4/10/2014 8:31:11 AM
I miss the Crimson Cobra.

But there are some good AR's in BL2.
The Torgue rifles, and spinnies are very powerful at least up to 50. Then the Ogre and KerBlaster are great all through level cap.

Dahl gatlings have the same 3 round burst function as the burst rifles from BL1. While each bullet is less powerful, they fire 9 rounds per burst instead of the 3. It'll eat up ammo, but I've had good results with them.

The Vladof Blasters are pretty nice also. Once again, they eat ammo, but if you use them as a secondary option, they're pretty effective.

One of my favorites in the game is the Scorpio. The 5 round burst is super accurate, and you can pop crits fairy easily with it.

Hammer Buster is high on power with decently low recoil. It's a nice one to use like a sniper, and if you can hit them crits, it's a great gun.
---
Spiral out...
#9reload88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 8:45:13 AM
Quote the raven, never more.
---
Eh? Sure,why not?