Few questions. :)

#1minun73Posted 4/20/2014 2:15:44 AM
Hey everyone, just beat the first game and grabbed the GOTY edition and the other dlc on sale (headhunter/UVHUP2) About to start the game tomorrow. Just wondering a few things if you could please take the time to answer. :)

1. What level do I need to play the headhunter missions? And should I wait till after the main story?

2. Is it true that Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue should be played during the main game? If so when is best?

3. Should Hammerlock and Tiny Tina be played after the main story? I think so but would like confirmation.

4. The goty disc installed a compatibility pack. Do I need it if I have every DLC? (Except the cosmetic ones)

5. Lastly, in your opinion, is the splitscreen better in this game than the first? I wanna play with my best buddy for my Zer0 save (soloing Salvador) since we both like borderlands, yet he has a PS3.

Thanks again to anyone who can answer these. :) I've searched the internet save for the last one.
---
3ds friend code: 2208 5506 9979 playing PKMN x. IGN: Josiah
Xbox live: minun73. Proud to be an Atheist. :)
#2Super CreaturesPosted 4/20/2014 3:43:38 AM
3. Tiny Tina's takes place after certain events related to Roland and Bloodwing, playing it before those events will spoil them for you.

4. I believe the compatibility packs contain some of the data required for the DLC, but, you should delete the one installed from the GOTY disc and download the most recent one from XBL.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3WarsteelIXPosted 4/20/2014 4:06:27 AM
minun73 posted...
Hey everyone, just beat the first game and grabbed the GOTY edition and the other dlc on sale (headhunter/UVHUP2) About to start the game tomorrow. Just wondering a few things if you could please take the time to answer. :)

1. What level do I need to play the headhunter missions? And should I wait till after the main story?

2. Is it true that Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue should be played during the main game? If so when is best?

3. Should Hammerlock and Tiny Tina be played after the main story? I think so but would like confirmation.

4. The goty disc installed a compatibility pack. Do I need it if I have every DLC? (Except the cosmetic ones)

5. Lastly, in your opinion, is the splitscreen better in this game than the first? I wanna play with my best buddy for my Zer0 save (soloing Salvador) since we both like borderlands, yet he has a PS3.

Thanks again to anyone who can answer these. :) I've searched the internet save for the last one.

1- you can play them at any level and I believe they are repeatable so it shouldn't matter when you do them

2- Capt. Scarlett and Mr. Torgue both have a suggested level start of 15 so unless you want to make it tough on yourself start then. You don't have to play the dlc during the game but some of the quest items you can get are highly sought after for certain character builds so most folks do them while doing the main story line. Just be warned that since the dlc's are set for a certain level if you go too far beyond it (like trying to play it on Normal mode at level 30), the XP will be negligible and the gear underpowered...

3- Tiny Tina does contain some minor spoilers but if you've beaten the game as you said they won't take you by surprise- it's also considered the best of all the dlc and has some highly sought after gear. My suggestion is to play it as soon as you hit level 30 or finish off the Warrior (your choice). You won't regret it. Hammerlock is the only one of the main 4 dlc I haven't played yet but to my knowledge doesn't have much to do with the main story...

4- you generally need just the latest compatibility pack- if your game starts w/o it pausing to add the latest update you should be fine...

5- never played split screen in BL1 so I can't compare them but I like it in BL2 if that helps...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#4xlinerPosted 4/20/2014 4:08:57 AM
1. Minimum requirement is 15 in Normal

2. You can play them at anytime, starting at level 15

3. Yes, they make references to the main story, especially Dragon Keep

4. If you have a connection to XBL, download the most recent compat pack, or you won't be able to play some of the DLC

5. Splitscreen is better in this one, yes, but it's still not as good as some other games
---
Official Praise the Sun! of the Dark Souls 2 Board
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#5minun73(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 8:23:08 AM
Thanks guys! :) I'll download the newest compatibility pack. Gonna start the game soon. :D Playing solo as it's hard for me to get into online with any level of commitment. Gonna play Salvador. I know Axton is best but after spending the past week or so playing Roland, I want something different.

Thanks again. :)
---
#6Anarki471Posted 4/20/2014 10:22:00 AM
minun73 posted...
Thanks guys! :) I'll download the newest compatibility pack. Gonna start the game soon. :D Playing solo as it's hard for me to get into online with any level of commitment. Gonna play Salvador. I know Axton is best but after spending the past week or so playing Roland, I want something different.

Thanks again. :)

Axton is actually pretty boring and plays nothing like Roland (except for throwing out a turret), Salvador is just a steamroller and makes IMO the best Raid Boss killer, The most fun characters are Maya, Zer0, Krieg and Gaige who each have multiple fun builds
---
Honestly, when do you feel the need to aim for crits when everything is on fire? "xliner"
#7danishjuggler21Posted 4/20/2014 11:14:10 AM
If you play the DLC at higher than level 15, they will scale up to a certain point. If you pla Captain Scarlett at level 30, for example, enemies and loot will be about level 28 or so.

On playthrough one, playing through all four DLC's after the main game feels just fine. I've done it. Tiny Tina's DLC is still challenging at that point even, thanks to some really frustrating enemies.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#8Tweeter2369000Posted 4/20/2014 11:27:44 AM
minun73 posted...

1. What level do I need to play the headhunter missions? And should I wait till after the main
story?

1. I believe the headhunter are meant for level 15 I believe; however, in TVHM and UVHM they scale to your level.

2. Both of the said DLC's are meant for level 15 characters I believe they should, because of the good loot they provide Capt Scar [sandhawk + the treasure room] Mr.Tourge [vending machine].

3.Yes, both of the said DLC's should be played after the main story line because they are meant for level 30's

4.Yes the Compatibility packs are a must download I believe they also determine whether or not you are allowed to play Online.

5.It all depends whether or not you have an average size TV, but yes the split screen is better in this game.

Hope I helped :D, and Thank you for your time.
#9Super CreaturesPosted 4/20/2014 1:25:34 PM
WarsteelIX posted...
but if you've beaten the game as you said they won't take you by surprise

He said he beat Borderlands, not 2.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10minun73(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2014 8:40:31 PM
Yeah just the first one. I have a long trip ahead of me for the second one. Also, I decided to solo Zer0. Trying to decide between Gaige and Salvador for splitscreen. But I won't know until tomorrow what my friend will pick. He doesn't have a certain style really, hard to predict.

Is deathtrap any good? (Gaige's action skill) or is it overrated?
---