does this freeze often for anyone else?

#1ssjmatthewPosted 4/23/2014 7:59:24 AM
I have the on demand version, all dlc and comp. pack. I had to hard reset 4 times yesterday spread over two sessions of about an hour and a half each.

Each time with no warning the game would just completely freeze while playing, I cleared my cache after the first two times but it didn't help.

I doubt its my Xbox as I played marvel ultimate alliance the day before for hours with no problem, and re revelations for a while yesterday morning with same result and their both on disc.

Thank god the game auto saved shortly before each freeze, but this is getting annoying.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does the same thing..............he's gay, definately gay
#2Lukai2002Posted 4/23/2014 8:17:12 AM
my xbox rarely freezes or crashes while playing any game on it, but it definately crashes the most on BL2 but thats probably cus thats really all i play on my 360
LOL
but if it crashes over and over again, that happens, soo, if it stops its fine if it doesnt stop crashing, i say its broken
---
GT-Lukai2002
#3xlinerPosted 4/23/2014 8:20:26 AM
Please stop posting, Lukai2002
---
Official Praise the Sun! of the Dark Souls 2 Board
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#4ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 8:25:21 AM
Well bl2 is one of the top downloaded games on demand, so I doubt its broken, you would think you'd see a lot more topics like this if that was the case.

I'll just chalk it up to a bad run of luck, its heartbreaking when I actually find a game I want to invest my very little free time into and the game itself is fighting me.

If this was any other game I would of given up a while ago, but I've been having a BL itch lately and its all I wanna play.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does the same thing..............he's gay, definately gay
#5Timbo101Posted 4/23/2014 9:57:52 AM
I downloaded it due to it being on sale from the dashboard and it has crashed 2 times so far. It completely freezes and am forced to hard reset my xbox, I only have about 7 hours or so on it too.
---
The Official Herp Derp of the Herpa Derp Forums
#6terrysmay04Posted 4/23/2014 10:21:51 AM
I don't think I have ever had this game crash on me except when I used B0re/twister against hyperius.

But I was asking for it then ;)
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#7rush86Posted 4/23/2014 12:20:18 PM
i got this for 360. Cause i love this game so much. BUt i got it back when it first came out for ps3. ANd ive put about 600 or more hours into it on that system and it froze once maybe twice. I got this for 360 in september 2013. And just in the first two weeks of playing it froze like 6 times and thats with it installed. So i know now the ps3's processor is better and can handle more going on. ANd i prefer to play on the ps3 more even though the load and save times might be longer. It never freezes. My 360 version actually froze again a couple days ago while playing the new headhunter dlc.
#8ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 1:36:07 PM
Timbo101 posted...
I downloaded it due to it being on sale from the dashboard and it has crashed 2 times so far. It completely freezes and am forced to hard reset my xbox, I only have about 7 hours or so on it too.

Hmm, maybe there is a problem with the demand version, unfortunately I don't see a fix coming since it would of happened by now, ridiculous.

This isn't the first demand game I've had problems with, hell, I bought dbz ultimate tenkaichi when it was on sale for 9 bucks last week and I can't even download it, it immediately gives me a "cannot download dbz ut" message, Microsoft should do a little more testing before releasing these things and acting like they're the same as the disc product.
---
#9Kurgan777Posted 4/23/2014 1:39:35 PM
ssjmatthew posted...
I have the on demand version, all dlc and comp. pack. I had to hard reset 4 times yesterday spread over two sessions of about an hour and a half each.

Each time with no warning the game would just completely freeze while playing, I cleared my cache after the first two times but it didn't help.

I doubt its my Xbox as I played marvel ultimate alliance the day before for hours with no problem, and re revelations for a while yesterday morning with same result and their both on disc.

Thank god the game auto saved shortly before each freeze, but this is getting annoying.

How old is your system, when was the last time you cleaned out all the dust, and what's the temperature in the room when you're playing and it freezes???

It sounds like it's freezing because the system is getting too hot.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#10Timbo101Posted 4/23/2014 1:48:59 PM
For me personally, I just bought my xbox in January. It's the newer model with built in wifi and whatever else. I haven't had any other games freeze up on me yet even on my Dark Souls 2 binge where my play sessions would last longer than they should have lol Only has happened on BL2 so TC may be on to a common issue of the On Demand version.
---
The Official Herp Derp of the Herpa Derp Forums