Question regarding the DLC and leveling

#1EspiemPosted 4/29/2014 6:49:52 AM
So I just finished my first playthrough on a melee zero. I did all of the regular side quests and decided to check out the DLC before going to TVHM, so I started with Tiny Tina's and finished it off last night along with all of it's side quests. I'm now sitting at level 40 though, still with all the rest of the DLC. I've read it's generally not a great idea to go into UVHM much higher than 50, so I'm concerned that if I continue to do all the rest of the DLC before even going into TVHM I'll easily surpass that. Should I skip the rest of the DLC until later and just go into TVHM now, or will it not really be that big of a deal?
#2macmaniganPosted 4/29/2014 7:20:58 AM
If u can, spread out your pre-uvhm dlc play throughs across multiple characters. Maybe do one more dlc during tvhm before moving to uvhm.

Your level 50 weapons will be useless by the time u hit 52-53 in uvhm so just be aware of that. U may want to skip some of the optional missions in tvhm if u do 2 dlcs.
---
---------------------------------------
#3Espiem(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 7:36:28 AM
Ok, thanks. I was thinking at this point maybe I'll just go to TVHM and rush through the main story without doing any side quests and see where that leaves me. Then just do some DLC stuff until I hit 50.
#4Kurgan777Posted 4/29/2014 11:31:29 AM
macmanigan posted...
Your level 50 weapons will be useless by the time u hit 52-53 in uvhm so just be aware of that.

That greatly depends on the individual weapon. I was using a level 52 slag dart pistol all the way up to level 70 when I finally got another slag dart pistol of a higher level. Granted I was combining it with the Bee, but I was still using a lower level weapon on higher level enemies.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#5thmadhatter83Posted 4/29/2014 1:16:27 PM
UVHM can be a grind if you're not prepared but normally most things that drops can be picked up and used immediately, whether they're effective or not is another story.
I went in around 55 my first time thru and it wasn't bad at all. I think people read all the posts about how "hard" it is and how "unfair" the gameplay is and yes, in the higher levels it is a little unbalanced, but no, it's neither hard nor unfair, it's supposed to be a challenge...you just gotta stay on your toes or you'll get dropped everything 2 secs.
Good Hunting!
---
...yep.
#6chase710Posted 4/29/2014 8:30:35 PM
Espiem posted...
Ok, thanks. I was thinking at this point maybe I'll just go to TVHM and rush through the main story without doing any side quests and see where that leaves me. Then just do some DLC stuff until I hit 50.

thats more or less what i did on my zerker. i did SOME quests, and downed Jack at 50. kinda wished i did more quests first lol. anyhoo, im on your frlend list (Drinkin) so hit me up if you need anything
---
McBounce me around!!