Light the fuse

#1ElderScrollKidPosted 5/17/2014 9:55:05 PM
So I got Krieg's light the fuse perk and all 5 points into the perk for more explosive damage and I now do 15% more damage with it and it still does nothing, the damage also scales with your level, so what level do I hav to be for this to be any useful? I'm not putting any relics or class mods on for more explosive damage so leveling is all I got now
---
BURNING TREES!
#2xxChoasxxPosted 5/17/2014 9:58:12 PM
Well for max damage you want a flesh crunch mod and a relic, so i don't know what to tell you. If its not doing any damage, but you're not boosting its damage, who's fault is that..?

I went through 61-72 with an all explosives build no problem. If you build around explosives its great. OP levels is where LtF becomes useless
---
GT:ChoasMaster
On the Rock Band boards if i dont specify an instrument, its because theyre dead.
#3ElderScrollKid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2014 10:03:14 PM
So I can either have light he fuse be good and then do no melee damage, seems counter productive for Krieg, ill stick to fight for you life
---
BURNING TREES!
#4xxChoasxxPosted 5/17/2014 10:22:49 PM
Well its only counter productive if you're trying to run melee krieg. But krieg in my experience has 3 main builds- Melee, Hellborn, or explosives. And you have to build towards each one, just as you would any other character.

So yes, if you're not building around explosives i wouldn't bother with LtF, its just a frustrating death for you.
---
On the Rock Band boards if i dont specify an instrument, its because theyre dead.
#5TheIastspartanPosted 5/17/2014 10:58:29 PM
My melee Kreig had LtF and I had no problems with it at all. Strangely enough, I thought it got more and more useful as I progressed from normal to TVHM to UVHM.
#6xxChoasxxPosted 5/17/2014 11:13:20 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
My melee Kreig had LtF and I had no problems with it at all. Strangely enough, I thought it got more and more useful as I progressed from normal to TVHM to UVHM.

I think its gets a substantial boost in UVHM but I'm not certain.
---
#7xlinerPosted 5/17/2014 11:39:10 PM
xxChoasxx posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

It's one of the few skills that actually scale properly with level.
---
http://i.imgur.com/PbtBZDP.png http://imgur.com/a/M41LL
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#8xxChoasxxPosted 5/18/2014 1:19:20 AM
xliner posted...
xxChoasxx posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

It's one of the few skills that actually scale properly with level.

I feel like that's because krieg was implemented after UVHM and so his skills were designed with that in mind. Which is great for him but stupid for the other 5. I'm sure while they were developing they knew there'd be a UVHM. And that's where most everybodies skills stop scaling well
---
#9xlinerPosted 5/18/2014 1:27:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Eternal KPosted 5/18/2014 3:28:48 AM
Light the Fuse is objectively terrible in TVHM. It scales horribly and does next to no damage, even with maxed out Strip the Flesh, an explosive relic, and a Flesh Crunch mod. However, in UVHM, it gets a significant damage boost (something like 6x if I remember correctly), and I've taken down Ultimate Badass Loaders from roughly 90% health to dead in a single LtF session.

So if you're still playing through TVHM, then yeah, it's a completely avoidable skill. But in UVHM, at least through 72, it's very viable and extremely fun to use.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion