PSA: begging for gear is frowned on

#31boxjuicePosted 6/7/2014 1:37:36 PM
Super Creatures posted...
But they have hours to spend playing the game?

If they have time to play the game, they have time to farm or learn about other, less legitimate, ways of obtaining their desired gear themselves.

Well that was dumb :/
#32terrysmay04Posted 6/7/2014 1:59:55 PM
shnangyboos posted...
You ****ers kill me. You talk all this **** about duping and begging, and then tell people to just mod their gear if they don't want to farm. The only reason you find this acceptable is because some of you do it, and since you're all big buddies you wouldn't want to talk down to each other. Either you're legitimate or you're not, it really doesn't matter after that.

I don't support gibbed.

I wish none of the item creation/duplication junk existed.
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#33Scene911Posted 6/7/2014 5:12:56 PM
Game genie, game shark, code breakers, to todays pc mods fun fun.
#34kiwimyweeweePosted 6/7/2014 6:19:34 PM
Scene911 posted...
Game genie, game shark, code breakers, to todays pc mods fun fun.

Most pre-online era so they aren't really comparable. Most pc mods run off separate servers for games that have a lot of them like TF2 and L4D2. I'm sure everyone wouldn't complain about using gibbed or mods if people only did it offline.
---
Life Lesson: Figure it out
fredbeatswilma's alt
#35DethuliPosted 6/11/2014 9:57:18 AM
I like perfect gear.

I can run and farm and run and farm and run and farm all day long. What do I have to show for it? Maybe a few drops close to what I'm looking for, but nothing perfect. It makes more sense for me to mod my gear for perfect stats than waste a bunch of time hoping to get those perfect drops legitimately, especially since BL2 is more gear-dependant than BL1 ever was.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I've spent hours upon hours trying to farm perfect gear, and I've taken advantage of modders who make perfect gear. I much prefer the latter as it frees up my time so I can actually enjoy the game.

I get that the "legits" look down upon this, and that's cool, that's your perogative. But its also my perogative to play my game the way I want. I don't dig effort justification, and if I can reach the same goal as you in fraction of the time, I'm gonna do it.

All of my poke'mon are designer test-tube babies, too.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#36drake_skullPosted 6/11/2014 10:20:58 AM
Dethuli posted...
I like perfect gear.

I can run and farm and run and farm and run and farm all day long. What do I have to show for it? Maybe a few drops close to what I'm looking for, but nothing perfect. It makes more sense for me to mod my gear for perfect stats than waste a bunch of time hoping to get those perfect drops legitimately, especially since BL2 is more gear-dependant than BL1 ever was.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I've spent hours upon hours trying to farm perfect gear, and I've taken advantage of modders who make perfect gear. I much prefer the latter as it frees up my time so I can actually enjoy the game.

I get that the "legits" look down upon this, and that's cool, that's your perogative. But its also my perogative to play my game the way I want. I don't dig effort justification, and if I can reach the same goal as you in fraction of the time, I'm gonna do it.

But you dont need perfect gear. The stat differences in BL2 are almost meaningless compared to the swings that were possible in BL1. And BL2 really isnt gear dependent, you can beat raids with blue and purple non-unique gear.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#37Anarki471(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2014 12:06:41 PM
Wow, i'm amazed one of my topics is still going
---
The Battle Brony
#38Kpt_KapowskiPosted 6/11/2014 1:38:39 PM
Dethuli posted...
I like perfect gear.

lol
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#39iliketurtles95Posted 6/11/2014 4:59:28 PM
Isn't the purpose of a loot game to ... uhh,, you know.. to drop the loot and progressively find better loot to keep the game interesting?
What's the fun in getting all the good loot and getting power level if the fun of the game is the journey and not the destination?
#40DethuliPosted 6/11/2014 5:21:01 PM
iliketurtles95 posted...
Isn't the purpose of a loot game to ... uhh,, you know.. to drop the loot and progressively find better loot to keep the game interesting?
What's the fun in getting all the good loot and getting power level if the fun of the game is the journey and not the destination?

Right. Tried the powerlevel thing, didn't like it. I'll start a character and progress through the game, doing quests, sidequests, killing enemies, farming loot, the works. But once I hit the level cap the game becomes "kill this boss a hundred times for that one perfect item." Now, take that for each gear slot for each character, and factor in multiple copies for each element.

I get burned out by that kind of grind. It makes the game a chore to play. Running around at max level on max difficulty with perfect gear is fun for me. I either play by myself or with a friend or two, I don't do matchmaking. So how exactly does my way of having fun with this game ruin your way of having fun?
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.