reccomend borderlands for a borderlands 2 fan?

#1xXDarkxIdealsXxPosted 7/2/2014 6:54:03 PM(edited)
I'm thinking of getting Borderlands from PSN download on my PS3, since i have $4 left on a gift card so it'd only be $25.99 for the game + all 4 expansions. But is it worth it? I haven't played alot of BL2 so i figured maybe it'd be best to start from the beginning before getting to much into BL2 and not wanting to go back to try the first game later. So what do you guys think? I'm thinking of going with Lillith first if i do get it, as i always like siren, maybe roland if i change my mind.
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/2/2014 6:59:41 PM
BL1 > BL2
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#3drake_skullPosted 7/2/2014 7:04:27 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BL1 > BL2

Truth. Loot system will make you wonder why BL2 is like it is.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#4xXDarkxIdealsXx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 7:06:52 PM
drake_skull posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BL1 > BL2

I've heard about the loot system being alot better in BL1, only thing that bugs me are some of the animations and such. Like the gun flash graphics/sound, and the kinda awkward stance lillith does in phasewalk etc.. but these are all asthetic/graphical things that i could easily get over if the story and gameplay are up to par with BL2.
#5pinky0926Posted 7/2/2014 10:48:06 PM
xXDarkxIdealsXx posted...
drake_skull posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
BL1 > BL2

I've heard about the loot system being alot better in BL1, only thing that bugs me are some of the animations and such. Like the gun flash graphics/sound, and the kinda awkward stance lillith does in phasewalk etc.. but these are all asthetic/graphical things that i could easily get over if the story and gameplay are up to par with BL2.

Story is terrible in BL1, gameplay is pretty much identical.
---
CE's Resident Scotsman.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z316/CeliaOfTheSky/Pinky0926.jpg
#6jordan20649Posted 7/2/2014 11:14:10 PM
phasewalk > phaselock
#7xXDarkxIdealsXx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 4:15:58 AM
anyone else have an opinion? i'm leaning towards getting it from PSN today, but still not 100% sold necessarily.
#8fakesnoop77Posted 7/3/2014 4:26:19 AM
Agree with above posters. Bl1 is way better. From loot to dlc. Borderlands is head and shoulders above bl2

Put it this way. I got all 4 original characters to max level and farmed the best stuff I could. I even completed mad moxxi underdome solo.

Then I deleted my saves so I could do it all again! That is hardcore bro.

If you are planning to get TPS then pick up bl1 so it will set the scene perfectly.

You won't regret it
---
Fakesnoop for king of the board - anarki
Seconded - xliner
#9LeonKennedy28Posted 7/3/2014 5:32:45 AM
I miss BL1 Assault Rifles so much.
---
GT....Clemson1Tigers......Pawn - Claire/Strider Lvl 50
#10WarsteelIXPosted 7/3/2014 5:47:28 AM
The one major difference between BL1 and BL2 is that you can't move while in FFL in BL1- get used to that and plan accordingly. As someone who's played BL2 before playing BL1, it was quite a shock...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...