Been away for quite a while. Is sal still the best class?

#1iiTryhardPosted 7/11/2014 5:45:58 PM
I kinda just lost interest just after the last season of DLC ended (after tiny tina i guess). So at that time, grog/moneyshot sal was hands down the best, most faceroll class. Is that still the case? I'm currently levelling a krieg since i think he's fun, but i was just wondering if the tier list is still the same.

Is it still (for solo)

God: Sal
1. Krieg, Zer0
2. Maya, Axton
3. Mechromancer

Trying to decide what order i play the classes in. thanks.
---
Yeezus tour was LIFE CHANGING
#2DDP886Posted 7/11/2014 6:06:25 PM
Idk why people hate axton; I tear hard bosses apart. I just because of the turrets
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#3Jambi_ManPosted 7/11/2014 7:16:45 PM
Sal has the highest ceiling for straight damage, but they're all amazing at their best.

Anarchy Gaige is stupid powerful. I certainly wouldn't put her in last. But heck, I don't think I'd feel comfortable putting anybody "last" at this point.
---
Spiral out...
#4getLEVERAGEPosted 7/11/2014 8:47:18 PM
Sal just breaks the game mechanics. Probably the most cookie-cutter out of all the characters. If Gearbox patched his exploits he would just be average at best.
---
Aye you guys, aye! Y'all got your helmets on backwards... Jus sayin.
#5Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/11/2014 9:18:08 PM
Zer0 > Sal
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#6Jambi_ManPosted 7/11/2014 9:41:47 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Zer0 > Sal

Personally....

Everyone > Sal
---
Spiral out...
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 7/11/2014 10:02:02 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Zer0 > Sal

Personally....

Everyone > Sal

he is extremely boring.

but ya know, sometimes I wanna just space out and mindlessly faceroll fodder and/or raids. He's really good at that :/
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/01/05/EddieLacyBig.gif
If marathons were easy, they'd be called your mom
#8Deadly_ArchersPosted 7/11/2014 11:49:06 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Zer0 > Sal

Personally....

Everyone > Sal

he is extremely boring.

but ya know, sometimes I wanna just space out and mindlessly faceroll fodder and/or raids. He's really good at that :/

For me it's: Everyone > sal > craig
---
"You don't have a grenade launcher, Lady. Get lost" Currently playing: Mass effect 3, Borderlands 2, Fallout NV, Gears of war 3.
#9WarsteelIXPosted 7/12/2014 6:04:58 AM
Sal can be way OP given the right gear/skills but a good Zero player can give him a run for his money- as for 'Craig'- considering how much I hate the sniping enemies that hide behind cover when you're in FFL, having Lite the Fuse is just a great way of saying "Screw you, bandit!". I like him as a great change of pace from the norm...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#10VultrexPosted 7/12/2014 11:03:16 PM
From my perspective..
(Easiest to Solo)
S: Sal
A : Zer0
B : Krieg, Axton
C : Mechro
D : Maya

To back up the original idea of sal for those unwary :

Zer0 takes the funnest gameplay in consensus, as an obvious point.. But zerker will always be the easiest character to solo as. As long as the money shot "bug" exists alone with the rubi and other healing methods for general killing of mooks, the zerker will always be in the top of its own facerolling tier.

But to answer your question directly... No changes have been made to the style of other characters. =/

Yes, zerker can still kill nearly every raidboss faster than other chars.. Im not sure of the current times, as I havent checked lately, but CA stacking does not apply to my personal criteria even if it has managed to surpass sals times.