Any point in using explosive weapons with siren?

#1BlackFeathersPosted 7/11/2014 9:22:44 PM
And are explosive weapons even good??? If so, how?
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign
#2DuneManPosted 7/12/2014 2:13:47 AM
Explosive weapons generally deal an extra 80-100% of the damage on the weapon card as splash damage. This means direct hits from explosive weapons will deal a lot of damage per round compared to other weapons. It also lets them deal damage through shields or physical armor plating that would otherwise resist damage, such as those found on Nomad Torturers or Spiderant Knights.

Few weapons in the game will match the burst power of a good multi-barrel Torgue shotgun.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 3:01:51 AM(edited)
DuneMan posted...
Explosive weapons generally deal an extra 80-100% of the damage on the weapon card as splash damage. This means direct hits from explosive weapons will deal a lot of damage per round compared to other weapons. It also lets them deal damage through shields or physical armor plating that would otherwise resist damage, such as those found on Nomad Torturers or Spiderant Knights.

Few weapons in the game will match the burst power of a good multi-barrel Torgue shotgun.

Wow this whole time I thought explosive weapons were garbage :/ thanks tho!
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign
#4WarsteelIXPosted 7/12/2014 5:57:19 AM(edited)
To add to this: just fought the Badassasarus and Piston in the Torgue DLC with Krieg and the main weapons used were a Sticky Lobbed Bonus Package, a DPUH and his Buzzaxe Rampage skill- all explosive weaponry. Every class can benefit from using explosive weapons, especially if you don't have the 'right' element for the job..
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#5DDP886Posted 7/12/2014 6:00:56 PM
I feel like explosive weapons are slow firing
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#6ShadowInTheMystPosted 7/12/2014 6:18:03 PM
DDP886 posted...

Probably to account for the extra damage, as listed above. It'd be completely unbalanced if it did the most damage and fired as fast as any gun, now wouldn't it?
---
[3DS FC: 1821-9677-2671] [NNID: WordsForFreedom]
[Steam ID: ShadowInTheMyst]
#7DuneManPosted 7/12/2014 6:40:11 PM
DDP886 posted...

Most are...

This doesn't matter as much to something like a Ravager, since anything blasted point blank by a shotgun like that is likely to explode into a spray of body chunks and blood mist. :P

For the other weapons, look for variants with the fire rate accessories. For ARs this gives them the prefix 'Slippery'. That accessory also increases the velocity of the gyro jets, meaning you don't have to bother leading as much with moving targets. You could also use a Spitter since those fire a bit faster.

The pistol prefix for fire rate is 'Intense', but those are the slowest weapon class. Consider a Sheriff's Badge if you want to use them.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#8atrombatorePosted 7/12/2014 7:36:41 PM
Also, if you are using a Siren, you can spec into accelerate to make them faster
---
Number of people I have found who liked FFVIII and FFII more than FFVII:me + 45
XBL-Trombatox, 3DS - 1332-7904-7142
#9Jambi_ManPosted 7/12/2014 7:41:49 PM
DDP886 posted...

So are nuclear bombs, but when they hit.... yeah.
---
BL2 levels gained: 2,381
Spiral out...
#10nicktar8Posted 7/14/2014 5:22:34 PM
Because.....reasons
---
Hoof hearted
Ice melted