Vault hunters relic

#1rxscientistPosted 7/29/2014 9:38:40 PM
Does this increase the chances of winning on the slot machines too, or just the drop % of enemies and chests?
---
GT : mad rxscientist
#2genesis42Posted 7/29/2014 11:01:40 PM
Increased chance of enemies dropping rare loot.

The slot machine isn't an enemy.

Besides, the relic's useless anyways since it provides such an insignificance boost that you might as well be using literally anything else.
---
They play centipede over at IW, each persons head up the next persons ass, just walking around the office, hands and legs flailing about. ~ SevenDayCandler
#3minun73Posted 7/29/2014 11:22:55 PM
genesis42 posted...

Besides, the relic's useless anyways since it provides such an insignificance boost that you might as well be using literally anything else.

5% isn't too bad. I've yet to see a relic in my game (though I'm still fairly early on) that is good enough to expend my Vault Hunter's Relic.
---
After some searching today (7-12-14) I found the first post I ever made on GFAQS :)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957985-dead-rising-2/66994453
#4genesis42Posted 7/29/2014 11:38:15 PM
minun73 posted...
genesis42 posted...

5% isn't too bad. I've yet to see a relic in my game (though I'm still fairly early on) that is good enough to expend my Vault Hunter's Relic.

The boost is multiplicative. So in reality, you're only getting a 1.05x boost, which is honestly nothing considering it only affects blues.
---
They play centipede over at IW, each persons head up the next persons ass, just walking around the office, hands and legs flailing about. ~ SevenDayCandler
#5minun73Posted 7/29/2014 11:54:35 PM
genesis42 posted...
minun73 posted...
genesis42 posted...

The boost is multiplicative. So in reality, you're only getting a 1.05x boost, which is honestly nothing considering it only affects blues.

So why does it say 5%? I don't understand.
---
After some searching today (7-12-14) I found the first post I ever made on GFAQS :)
#6genesis42Posted 7/30/2014 12:25:40 AM
minun73 posted...
So why does it say 5%? I don't understand.

Because it is 5%. However, what they don't state is whether the bonus is additive or multiplicative.
---
#7reload88Posted 7/30/2014 1:33:03 AM
There was someone on here that modded one to something crazy like 5000% and it made no difference at all. I think gearbox even stated that it was useless in an interview.

Sorry no links, it's the internet so if there's no proof it didn't happen, but this has been discussed several times.
---
Eh? Sure,why not?
#8Eternal KPosted 7/30/2014 2:45:21 AM
The Vault Hunter's Relic, according to Gearbox, decreases the chance you'll see a white item by 5%. However, like genesis pointed out, this difference is so minuscule that you're far better off using a different relic that makes enemies easier to kill.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#9rxscientist(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 6:28:22 AM
I use a purple one for shield capacity and recharge rate right now, but good to know it's pretty much useless.
---
GT : mad rxscientist
#10minun73Posted 7/30/2014 6:37:58 AM
I have to find me a good relic then :) One that suits my play style.
---