Are the rewards from Raid bosses worth the effort you need to put in?

#1iiTryhardPosted 7/31/2014 8:15:02 AM
It seems like they don't drop loot proportional to the effort needed to put in to kill them. Sure salvador can faceroll them, but other classes need to actually work at killing them, and the rewards don't seem good enough. Remember craw? You killed him once, he dropped like 10 legendaries. Now, you are lucky if you get even one legendary.
---
Yeezus tour was LIFE CHANGING
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 7/31/2014 8:34:07 AM
legendaries arent everything. a lot of the best gear around are blue quest rewards.

that said the reward issue depends. they have a solid chance to drop a legendary, but they are definitely going to drop a seraph weapon from their pool as well as seraph crystals that can be used to purchase some really really good gear

hyperious - his seraph drops are only ok, but he also has (unless they changed it) an increased chance to drop the shredifier which has no other loot source as well as te hornet which is the best corrosive weapon in the game. also, i believe he can drop the norfleet though ive never seen it

gee. wouldnt bother.

vermivorous - drops unique heads and the norfleet. as well as the original legendary COMs, if you want them, hes where you gotta go

terra - has a totally unique loot pool. only etech grenade (more fun than powerful though krieg can do well with it), best roid shield available. a must have for high end melee builds. only source for slayer of terra COMs (meh, but guaranteed) also unique relic and shotgun as well as the only farm source for the pitchfork sniper rifle

vora - pain in the ass, but has some great rewards. the hawkeye and the interfacer. nuff said

pete - easy farm. go to for stocking up on crystals. solid grenades. pretty good legendary drop rate. decent shields. easiest to farm (outside of some exceptions)

dragons - hell yes. their drops are amazing. the stinger, the omen and the blockade? all amazing weapons. also they drop the most one shot eridium of anything in the game.

craw jr - havnt farmed him enough to know how he drops or what the treasure room has to offer. dont think he has anything unique though

it really depends what you are after and just how much effort it takes you to put them down. pete is easy with decent rewards. vora is a pain in the ass, but offer amazing loot. dragons are tough but managable. top notch loot. up to you, but the rewards arent to bad in most cases.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3Argyle_GargoylePosted 7/31/2014 8:38:21 AM
as for crystals, there is some great seraph gear to buy. the seraphim is one of the better ARs against flesh. the actualizer isnt quite a b**** but can do very well.

the florentine is just a beast of an SMG. the antagonist is arguable the best all around shield in a game that is somewhat lacking in good defensive shields. the AR from tinas (cant recall the name) is solid as well.

meteor shower and crossfires from torgues are good. a slag crossfire was my go to UVHM grenade before the magic missile arrived. still a great choice.

so there are some good things to buy with those crystals as well
---
#4xlinerPosted 7/31/2014 9:12:13 AM
argyle wins
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/xliner http://anilist.co/user/xliner
xliner is probably an eridian - 3CDED | http://i.imgur.com/HazHHmG.png
#5Kurgan777Posted 7/31/2014 11:21:16 AM
Don't forget that the dragons can also drop just about any other random legendary in the game every once in a while, and they drop at least one of three different Seraph items every time guaranteed.

They're also easy to kill regardless of which characters you use, you just need the right weapons, at least 2 different Lady Fist pistols to be specific, one in Fire, the other normal. Use the fire lady fist on the non-fire dragons, use the non-fire pistol on the fire dragon.

Aim for the head.

Buff the pistols with the Sheriff's Badge relic, a pistol damage or fire rate boosting class mod, and any pistol damage or fire rate skills your chosen character might have.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6WarsteelIXPosted 8/1/2014 6:43:42 AM
as well as the only farm source for the pitchfork sniper rifle

Unless you get really lucky- I got a shock Pitchfork as a drop from either the Warrior or LLM- it's been awhile so I can't remember the exact level but I think it was it the mid thirties...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/1/2014 6:56:08 AM
WarsteelIX posted...
as well as the only farm source for the pitchfork sniper rifle

Unless you get really lucky- I got a shock Pitchfork as a drop from either the Warrior or LLM- it's been awhile so I can't remember the exact level but I think it was it the mid thirties...

i dont count random drops as they are just that. random. when i talk about a farm source, im talking about someone who has a specific item in their loot pool. someone that if you farm long enough is guaranteed to eventually drop it.

LLMs are totally random, so i dont really consider them farming in the same way as a dedicated drop. sure there is a chance for them to drop it, but theres also a chance for a random bandit to drop it. ive had bunker drop a Harold for me before. that doesnt mean im going to go there to farm for one though.
---