How old is a BL2 player?

#11Eternal KPosted 8/18/2014 3:33:39 PM
26, also a teacher, although a lot of my students are surprised when they find out I game.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#12atrombatorePosted 8/18/2014 3:51:44 PM
They are surprised at first, then seem to embrace it. I even have a group that meets once a week for Pokemon training and battling. They are much more accepting than I would have thought.
---
Number of people I have found who liked FFVIII and FFII more than FFVII:me + 45
XBL-Trombatox, 3DS - 1332-7904-7142
#13NinjaYuffie164Posted 8/18/2014 5:10:34 PM
29 years old. I recently got promoted to managemen so I work a minimum of 50 hours a week. Yet, I still find time for games. Although it helps that my husband and daughter both love games.
#14JacquardPosted 8/18/2014 5:40:44 PM
Two things. First, my age is irrelevant, but I started playing video games when they cost a quarter, seemingly way before consoles and PCs were ever introduced. We played pinball before that, and video games, at least as they first debuted, were simplistic and the gameplay was over far too soon.

Second, if your soon-to-be wife feels that way, and feels strongly about it, no poll, argument, or reasoning will change her mind, and she will tend to use it against you when times get tough, if such is in her nature.

In other words, you are probably fighting a losing battle. The best way to convince her might be to involve her in your pastime, to show her that gaming is many things, can serve many purposes, and not only feeds your soul but also exercises your mind and provides a healthy dose of relaxation.
#15Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/18/2014 6:30:06 PM
27. Full time job with lots of OT. GF. No kids. Still find time to play on a pretty regular basis

The way i see it, if you enjoy something i dont see any reason to give it up because dumb people want to tell you that youre too old for it.

Been playing games most of my life and until i stop getting fun and entertainment out of them, i have no plans to stop.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#16Saspurs211Posted 8/18/2014 6:37:49 PM
17 muchachos. Going into my senior year of high school. Looks like I'm a youngster seeing all these posts.
---
PSN:joe-14_
#17Super CreaturesPosted 8/18/2014 6:50:23 PM
Well, for starters, the poll is badly worded.

Jacquard posted...
but I started playing video games when they cost a quarter, seemingly way before consoles and PCs were ever introduced.

Funny, I could have sworn PCs and consoles existed prior to the mid to late '90s, especially since I remember getting an NES for Christmas in 1990 and playing SNES games in '94.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#18JacquardPosted 8/18/2014 7:06:35 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Jacquard posted...
but I started playing video games when they cost a quarter, seemingly way before consoles and PCs were ever introduced.

Funny, I could have sworn PCs and consoles existed prior to the mid to late '90s, especially since I remember getting an NES for Christmas in 1990 and playing SNES games in '94.

Arcade video games, the ones that cost a quarter, were introduced in the 70s.
#19Jambi_ManPosted 8/18/2014 7:17:05 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Jacquard posted...

I remember poppin quarters into Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, and Rampage at my skating rink arcade in second grade. That'd be about 1986.
---
BL2 levels gained: 2,471
Spiral out...
#20Super CreaturesPosted 8/18/2014 8:28:49 PM
My point is that the majority were still only a quarter during the mid to late '90s.

Starting with arcade machines that were a quarter says nothing about what decade you started playing them in, be it the '70s, '80s, or '90s, as the majority were only a quarter for the majority of all three decades.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.