General damage at 72 question

#1mrbeef523Posted 8/21/2014 12:39:15 PM
So here's my issue: at level 72, my Zero seems to only be able to dish out decent damage with a Bee, which I'd rather not use because of its obvious deficiencies. If I switch to a real shield and lose the massive amp damage, it takes me forever to take down an enemy, even with Slag. I am using a Crammed Unkempt Harold, a fire plasma caster, a fire E-Tech sniper rifle, and the Baby Maker (from the recent Shift Code).

My question is this: are there specific quest rewards or easily farmable weapons I should be looking for to maximize my damage output with Zero?

My skill tree looks like this: http://bl2skills.com/assassin.html#500501555150545105010550400000

I am not looking for handouts, just advice.
---
GT: Ellipsis415
Playing: CoD: G, GTA V, Borderlands 2.
#2RasenangelPosted 8/21/2014 1:02:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Kpt_KapowskiPosted 8/21/2014 2:15:54 PM
Skookum > tumtum for Jakobs snipers.
#4RasenangelPosted 8/21/2014 7:46:56 PM
mrbeef523 posted...
So here's my issue: at level 72, my Zero seems to only be able to dish out decent damage with a Bee, which I'd rather not use because of its obvious deficiencies. If I switch to a real shield and lose the massive amp damage, it takes me forever to take down an enemy, even with Slag. I am using a Crammed Unkempt Harold, a fire plasma caster, a fire E-Tech sniper rifle, and the Baby Maker (from the recent Shift Code).

My question is this: are there specific quest rewards or easily farmable weapons I should be looking for to maximize my damage output with Zero?

My skill tree looks like this: http://bl2skills.com/assassin.html#500501555150545105010550400000

I am not looking for handouts, just advice.

First, get an unkempt harold with the double penetrating prefix. I would take out the 5 points in "at one with the gun" and put it into "one shot one kill" due to the damage bonus. It will help with damage, whereas "at one with the gun" doesn't. I find the baby maker to be a hindrance rather than helpful. The b**** is right up your alley there. It does crit damage and is hyperion on top of that, so it is more accurate. Get yourself an antagonist shield, so your enemies get slagged when shooting you. Speaking of slag, get yourself a decent magic missile or a slag bouncing betty (or bouncing bonny) grenade. Also, get a white death, or tumtum jakobs sniper and get rid of that e-tech sniper. In terms of class mod, a leg. sniper mod helps. If you are using an elemental sniper (depending on whether or not you took my advice on the snipers), get a bone of the ancient relic from the legendary loot midgets (commonly found in the wildlife exploitation preserve), or, if your are using an element-less sniper, find a sniper damage relic. Hope this helps.
I had to repost this because I said something naughty and didn't properly censor it.
---
GT: Rasenangel
Starting on Pyro Pete's health AAANNNDDD ITS GONE!
#5Super CreaturesPosted 8/21/2014 8:56:26 PM
Rasenangel posted...
I had to repost this because I said something naughty and didn't properly censor it.

Let that be a lesson.

Hell, Sailor Bacon even censored the quote from DA2: Mark of the Assassin I submitted, and contributions don't follow the same rules as the message boards.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6mrbeef523(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 12:47:34 PM
All good advice, thanks. I'll try to farm those weapons and if I come up short, then I might just ask for some help ;)
---
#7rxscientistPosted 8/22/2014 3:34:11 PM
Best bet for the double penetrating unkempt harold is the torgue dlc, it shows up as one of the items of the day.
---
GT : mad rxscientist
#8WarsteelIXPosted 8/23/2014 6:35:51 AM
rxscientist posted...
Best bet for the double penetrating unkempt harold is the torgue dlc, it shows up as one of the items of the day.

There are 8 Torgue vending machines in the dlc- you can make it to all 8 within the 20 minute time frame of the Item of the Day (unless you took the Marcus quest item over Moxxie's Heart Breaker). I usually do Pyro Pete's Bar first, the 2 in the Beatdown next, then the Badass Crater Bar, then the Forge, Southern Raceway, the one in the crater just before you get to the entrance to the Forge and then the one in the Arena last. This should make it so that you only have to wait a minute or so before the items recycle to the next set of items and by saving and quitting in either the Arena or Pete's Bar you can start from right next to a vending machine...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#9mrbeef523(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 9:32:54 AM
Yeah all of my Unkempt Harolds have been from Torgue vending machines. I have a few of them from levels 65 to 72, but the DPUH I have is at the former level, so its damage is easily outclassed by my normal UH that is level 72.
---
#10TheChrisRichterPosted 8/23/2014 12:33:48 PM
I found sniping in uvhm useless. I gave him a pistol build with yes, infinities. I have all elements added with Magic Missle and I've never looked back. BORE BORE BORE. One shot one kill.
---
You sucka's like die!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waE2WCdpF7E Yes it's me!