Help: Trying to outfit my character for UVHM

#1BigLokiPosted 8/22/2014 6:35:10 AM
I got away from the game for a while. Now after some time off I am back into this game heavy. I beat TVHM with my Zero character and now I am in the start of the UVHM. My character is ultra weak against UVHM and I need to get some gear. My question is does the raid bosses in TVHM drop level 50 legendaries like Hide of Terramorphous, Blood of Terramorphous, and Legendary Class Mods? If they do is there anybody out there willing to do raid bosses on TVHM or anybody around levels 50 - 55 looking to go through the story on UVHM with others?
---
Xbox One/Xbox 360: Atrloki - Playing - Wolfenstein, Borderlands 2
PS Vita: Atrloki - Playing - Borderlands 2, Dragons Crown
#2Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/22/2014 6:55:14 AM
you honestly dont really NEED all that much to survive UVHM. it is a system shock at first, but you will adjust to it pretty quickly.

what you really need is a good slag weapon and a good build.

trust me, those level 50 legendaries will become obsolete pretty quickly on UVHM. itll be a lot of invested time gone to waste.

a few suggestions for pretty easy to get gear thatll serve you well

a hornet. for the love of god, farm KD until he drops one. then do the same throughout UVHM as you come up on quest points where youll be fighting lots of armored enemies.

a good slag weapon (or grenade) slagga is great and since this is a utility type item, its level isnt quite as important. it can last a long time as a quick slag and switch weapon.

a magic missile is also a great grenade choice (assuming you have tinas DLC). the purple isnt a necessity for leveling. blue does just fine.

aside from that, use whatever gear you like. whatever works with your build. just remember to constantly upgrade in UVHM. a good gun can lose a lot of steam over the course of only 1-2 level ups.

slag everything, use your skill and upgrade gear frequently. UVHM solved
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#3BigLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 9:48:51 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
you honestly dont really NEED all that much to survive UVHM. it is a system shock at first, but you will adjust to it pretty quickly.

what you really need is a good slag weapon and a good build.

trust me, those level 50 legendaries will become obsolete pretty quickly on UVHM. itll be a lot of invested time gone to waste.

a few suggestions for pretty easy to get gear thatll serve you well

a hornet. for the love of god, farm KD until he drops one. then do the same throughout UVHM as you come up on quest points where youll be fighting lots of armored enemies.

a good slag weapon (or grenade) slagga is great and since this is a utility type item, its level isnt quite as important. it can last a long time as a quick slag and switch weapon.

a magic missile is also a great grenade choice (assuming you have tinas DLC). the purple isnt a necessity for leveling. blue does just fine.

aside from that, use whatever gear you like. whatever works with your build. just remember to constantly upgrade in UVHM. a good gun can lose a lot of steam over the course of only 1-2 level ups.

slag everything, use your skill and upgrade gear frequently. UVHM solved

Ok. I will keep trying to get used to it. I have all of the DLC's. My setup is as follows:

Level 54 Zero -Melee Build-

Skills:
+5 Iron Hands, Killing Blow, Followthrough, Backstab, Resurgence, Counter Strike, Ambush,
Rising Shot, Innervate

+1 Execute, Many Must Fall, Fast Hands

Gear:
Level 44 Rubi (Slag)
Level 50 Captain's Rapier (Non-Elemental)
Level 54 Babymaker (Non-Elemental)
Level 50 Slow Hand (Slag)

Level 54 Love Thumper (Non-Elemental)
Level 30 Legendary Hunter Class Mod
Level 50 Longbow Storm Front <0.5 fuse> (Shock)/ Level 50 Transfusion (Slag)
Level 35 Cooldown Relic

The latest DLC code upgraded my Love Thumper from 40 to 54 and gave me my Baby Maker. This shift code for us:

CTKJ3-36WFF-3ZXXH-KR3JJ-K3FJJ

I also have a corrosive Pimpernel at Level 50 as well, and just found my Storm Front two days ago. I will definitely start farming KD for that hornet this evening. I do have a Magic Missile x2 Mod in my backpack, not sure about the level on it, but I will try it out. I appreciate the tips. Will try to get used to UVHM and I am sure as soon as I reach level 57 and can add DM or Kunai to my skills my assassin will get back to feeling lethal or at least dangerous again. I appreciate the tips and would appreciate any help from other veteran players as well. Many Thanks Argyle_Gargoyle.
---
#4Kurgan777Posted 8/22/2014 10:10:23 AM
Once you've got your Hornet, another good place right at the beginning of UVHM is Boom & Bewm, farm them for Bonus Package grenades, you don't even have to drop into their area to farm them either. Sit up on the shacks on the right ice wall, hit them from a distance with something corrosive and dodge the shots from the huge canon until you've killed it. Just remember to keep hitting them, pretty much everything in UVHM regenerates health when they're not being attacked.

And ALWAYS look in the chest under the elevator leading to Boom & Bewm's area for some good items. Keep farming until you find a slag Dart pistol, this can last you a very long time. Darts have a homing ability, and I don't think they have a maximum range limitation, so if you can see someone way off in the distance, the darts will reach them.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/22/2014 10:14:50 AM
wish i could offer more help on the melee end, but i just dont enjoy melee in this game, so i never do melee builds.

i usually run either a pistol or a sniper focused build
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6BigLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2014 10:21:49 AM
Kurgan777 posted...
Once you've got your Hornet, another good place right at the beginning of UVHM is Boom & Bewm, farm them for Bonus Package grenades, you don't even have to drop into their area to farm them either. Sit up on the shacks on the right ice wall, hit them from a distance with something corrosive and dodge the shots from the huge canon until you've killed it. Just remember to keep hitting them, pretty much everything in UVHM regenerates health when they're not being attacked.

And ALWAYS look in the chest under the elevator leading to Boom & Bewm's area for some good items. Keep farming until you find a slag Dart pistol, this can last you a very long time. Darts have a homing ability, and I don't think they have a maximum range limitation, so if you can see someone way off in the distance, the darts will reach them.

Sweet. I will definitely farm Boom Bewm as well. I heard about the Bonus Package grenade mod, but never actually had one myself. I will definitely try to find that slag Dart pistol as well. Thanks Kurgan777. To Argyle_Gargoyle: I appreciate the help you already gave me. Thanks.
---
#7WarsteelIXPosted 8/23/2014 6:53:38 AM
If you're having trouble getting a Hornet- and if you don't mind doing side missions- try the Lost Treasure side mission you find in Sawtooth Cauldron- the quest reward is the Dahlminator, always caustic and a dart pistol to boot...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#8brianvolk42Posted 8/23/2014 5:23:21 PM(edited)
You should also try to get a better class mod. You are only getting +3 to the skills with a level 30. I have a Legendary Hunter com you can have if you want it. It's somewhere in the 53-56 range. I won't use it. I prefer the Stalker (why no legendary stalker com GBX?) and Sniper (can't wait until I find a legendary one) coms.
#9ShadowInTheMystPosted 8/23/2014 6:31:13 PM
If you are having trouble farming Bewm Boom or not having success, remember that any Torgue Legendary can be gotten from Torgue's DLC. And as long as you are past level 50, you can farm the Torgue Tokens on any of the difficulties in the Bar Room Brawl, you don't have to do it on UVHM.
---
[3DS FC: 1821-9677-2671] [NNID: WordsForFreedom]
[Steam ID: ShadowInTheMyst]
#10BigLoki(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2014 7:23:53 AM
WarsteelIX posted...
If you're having trouble getting a Hornet- and if you don't mind doing side missions- try the Lost Treasure side mission you find in Sawtooth Cauldron- the quest reward is the Dahlminator, always caustic and a dart pistol to boot...

Thanks for the tip. I was farming KD this weekend and that dumb thing refused to drop the hornet. I will definitely keep an eye out for this mission. Haven't reached it yet on UVHM though.

brianvolk42 posted...
You should also try to get a better class mod. You are only getting +3 to the skills with a level 30. I have a Legendary Hunter com you can have if you want it. It's somewhere in the 53-56 range. I won't use it. I prefer the Stalker (why no legendary stalker com GBX?) and Sniper (can't wait until I find a legendary one) coms.

Yeah, I know that class mod is woefully underleveled. I would love to get that Hunter mod from you. What is your gamertag and will you be on tonight? My gamertag is Atrloki. I will be back on this evening around 6. I greatly appreciate this.

@ ShadowInTheMyst: Appreciate the tip. I do need to hit up that Bar Room Brawl for Torgue Tokens. I think I have a little over 400 of them from completing the DLC in the other two modes.
---