Please disregard my previous topic. Who is the most gear dependent character?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Please disregard my previous topic. Who is the most gear dependent character?
1 year ago#11
The only thing a good Zer0 needs is a gun with a bayonet, preferably the rapier.
---
The Abyss Greatsword of Dark Souls.
1 year ago#12
terrysmay04 posted...
Easily sal, he is the only one who is basically 100% dependent on his weapons to do damage. Maya might be up there too though imo.

Axton's turrets can get you through a large portion of normal a TVHM without much else
Zero is a great melee character, but he does require some gear for it later on
Gaige makes her own damage with anarchy, and DT is good up until UVHM
Kreig doesn't even need gear
Maya does better with less since Phaselock can control firefights pretty well
Sal has nothing going for him but gunzerking (which frankly sucks with some weapons) and gun skills.

Can honestly say that I've never really thought about like hat- very informative and interesting...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
1 year ago#13
terrysmay04 posted...
Easily sal, he is the only one who is basically 100% dependent on his weapons to do damage. Maya might be up there too though imo.

Axton's turrets can get you through a large portion of normal a TVHM without much else
Zero is a great melee character, but he does require some gear for it later on
Gaige makes her own damage with anarchy, and DT is good up until UVHM
Kreig doesn't even need gear
Maya does better with less since Phaselock can control firefights pretty well
Sal has nothing going for him but gunzerking (which frankly sucks with some weapons) and gun skills.

I'll keep spreading the word: if you're specced into him, DT can still dominate in UVHM.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
1 year ago#14
Didn't Rasenangel post a YT vid of his DT build not to long ago with lvl 72 gameplay? Have seen multiple vids of builds with DT and he seems to be able to hold his own in UVHM to.
Never played Gaige myself, so I'm not going to comment on this to much...
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9w-i5oZqaQ
http://www.sitchiniswrong.com
11 months ago#15
I guess I just hate DT. He can do some damage from time to time but the fact that I have no control over what he does makes him mostly worthless to me since I can't rely on him.
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
11 months ago#16
Basically the relationship between DT and Gaige gets reversed: he looks out for Gaige on normal and TVHM while Gaige has to look out for him on UVHM. You also need to be picky about what ability skills you unlock for him since skills like One Two Boom make him stand still like a target dummy for 6-8 seconds.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
11 months ago#17
terrysmay04 posted...
I guess I just hate DT. He can do some damage from time to time but the fact that I have no control over what he does makes him mostly worthless to me since I can't rely on him.

agreed... i also hate that you can't pick what you want him to look like... some of those aesthetic items look like scrotum... just awful...
---
#ipunchtheinitiative
#mysirensnameisntbrickbutsheistheprettiest
11 months ago#18
It is nice that 2k Austrailia listened to the DT complaint and made it so that you can designate targets for Wolf in the Pre-Sequel. Plus the targeting laser acts like Death Mark, so what's not to love?
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
11 months ago#19
I voted for Zer0. Even though Salvador does depend on his equipment, he can do fine with a variety of different setups. Zer0, however, is a glass cannon and requires very specific gear in order to stay alive.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Please disregard my previous topic. Who is the most gear dependent character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived