Info for Shock build

#1RasenangelPosted 8/23/2014 1:53:30 PM
Ok. With my mech, I have achieved fire, explosive, and corrosive builds (stay tuned for info on that one). I want to make a shock build, but want to keep it as my own. I know there are plenty out there, but I want to make 1 myself, keep it original, ya know? What are some do's (besides wires don't talk and a shock win-win fibber) and don't's of making a good shock build?

I did upload the corrosive build vid, but there is a copyright issue that is being resolved. I have permission from the band to use the music, but of course, youtube "jumps the gun" and assumes I don't have permission to use it, despite the fact that I mentioned in the vid that I was given permission from the band to use it.
---
GT: Rasenangel
Starting on Pyro Pete's health AAANNNDDD ITS GONE!
#2Jambi_ManPosted 8/23/2014 7:55:47 PM
> Shock build
> besides Wires Don't Talk

LOL

Exactly what other skills do you expect to feature in a "Shock" build Gaige?

Granted, there are other skills that deal passive shock damage, but so what? You think you're gonna be the first to use them?

I'm just being real in saying it's beyond hilarious that you think you're gonna make a "unique" shock Gaige build.

Here's the cold hard fact.... There's one shock Gaige build, and it's been done for a year and a half now, and it still sucks compared to a Fire/Corrosive Anarchy build . :/

Why? Because shock is wildly inferior to other elements.
---
Spiral out...
#3Rasenangel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 8:41:00 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
> Shock build
> besides Wires Don't Talk

LOL

Exactly what other skills do you expect to feature in a "Shock" build Gaige?

Granted, there are other skills that deal passive shock damage, but so what? You think you're gonna be the first to use them?

I'm just being real in saying it's beyond hilarious that you think you're gonna make a "unique" shock Gaige build.

Here's the cold hard fact.... There's one shock Gaige build, and it's been done for a year and a half now, and it still sucks compared to a Fire/Corrosive Anarchy build . :/

Why? Because shock is wildly inferior to other elements.

So...what skills should be and shouldn't be in the shock build I am making? I already plan on having wires don't talk and a shock fibber. Just some basic do's and don't's when it comes to skills.
---
#4Jambi_ManPosted 8/23/2014 9:31:11 PM
Rasenangel posted...
I want to make a shock build, but want to keep it as my own. I know there are plenty out there, but I want to make 1 myself, keep it original, ya know?

No, I don't know.

How can you keep something as your own, if you're scouring the board for advice, or a "how to" on the build?

That's anything but your own.

Why don't you figure it out on your own, then you can call it your own. I dunno, kinda makes sense to me. :/

But, since you don't care to do that...

> Legendary Catalyst
> Max Wires Don't Talk(10/5)
> Max Evil Enchantress(10/5)
> Max Electrical Burn(10/5)
> Storm Front
> 5/5 in BSS
> 5/5 in Fancy Mathematics
> Black Hole shield
> Twister
> Anarchy
> Aside from using Twister, use no other shock guns. If ammo is issue, use best corrosive or fire option.(It'll be better than any other shock option)
>5/5 in Close Enough
> Slagga
> 10/5 in More Pep

Essentials... there's a reason for everything on this list. Any questions... shoot.
---
Spiral out...
#5Rasenangel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2014 9:47:21 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Rasenangel posted...
I want to make a shock build, but want to keep it as my own. I know there are plenty out there, but I want to make 1 myself, keep it original, ya know?

No, I don't know.

How can you keep something as your own, if you're scouring the board for advice, or a "how to" on the build?

That's anything but your own.

Why don't you figure it out on your own, then you can call it your own. I dunno, kinda makes sense to me. :/

But, since you don't care to do that...

> Legendary Catalyst
> Max Wires Don't Talk(10/5)
> Max Evil Enchantress(10/5)
> Max Electrical Burn(10/5)
> Storm Front
> 5/5 in BSS
> 5/5 in Fancy Mathematics
> Black Hole shield
> Twister
> Anarchy
> Aside from using Twister, use no other shock guns. If ammo is issue, use best corrosive or fire option.(It'll be better than any other shock option)
>5/5 in Close Enough
> Slagga
> 10/5 in More Pep

Essentials... there's a reason for everything on this list. Any questions... shoot.

Thank you. I didn't ask for all of the info. I just asked for a few tips for the build. I tried to just gun it and do it by myself, but a shock build is a tough nut to crack. I just wanted advice. None of the builds I have done have been completely me, whether it is a weapon or tactic. I always give credit to those who help. Despite the harsh criticism you started with, you still chose to help in the end, and that, sir, is admirable. I intend to give you credit in the vid it will be positive. Thank you for your time.
---
#6WarsteelIXPosted 8/24/2014 5:52:46 AM
Why both Fancy Mathematics and BSS?
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#7Eternal KPosted 8/24/2014 6:33:17 AM
Fancy Mathematics is nice because it doesn't require a kill (which can help in longer fights, such as bosses). I personally prefer Unstoppable Force to it, since the shield regen part helps fight any DoTs you end up carrying over after a fight has ended.

In all reality, there are only 6 skills that directly affect shock damage in the LBT tree: Wires Don't Talk, Electrical Burn, Shock and AAAGGGGHHH!, Evil Enchantress, Shock Storm, and More Pep. Shock Storm is next to useless, so it's really just 5 skills you need to worry about. Spec into those, equip a Twister, and go to town.
---
2007 - 2008 NHL Saturday Picks Champion
#8Gryphter97Posted 8/24/2014 8:51:05 AM
If you can get it, this is also a good time to dust off that binary thunderball fist we all drove ourselves crazy farming up, with an nod as well to a shock practicable slow hand for some Johnny on the spot health regen.
A shock bone of ancients for cool down and added shock damage and a homing storm front or maybe a Longbow quasar if you want to group bad guys up... you get the idea.
All joking aside you still need to work out slagging so you may as well grab a Florentine too while you're at it...

See Below
---
- Gryphter - "small fix"
#9Rasenangel(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2014 9:58:34 AM
Ahhhhh. That is more like it. Thank you eternal k and gryphter. I will thank the 2 of you in the vid as well.
---
#10fakesnoop77Posted 8/24/2014 10:10:22 AM(edited)
Jambi has it spot on to be honest

But I like the little evie and a slag pearl stalker as well

Evie helps considerably with gaiges relatively long cooldown. Also the evie glitch means instant mech cooldown after every kill!

Stalker + close enough is just crazy especially a slag version.

Also if using BSS try using the bee for pretty much constant amp damage especially if you plan on using a shock redundant fibber.

Also a shock lady fist can be useful.

*goes back to farming craw on bl1*
---
Fakesnoop for king of the board - anarki
Seconded - xliner