Something I think needs to be asked.

#1drake_skullPosted 8/26/2014 6:59:03 PM
Should Borderlands 3 go back to the original relic system? - Results (36 votes)
Yes
33.33% (12 votes)
No
52.78% (19 votes)
Maybe
8.33% (3 votes)
Other(Post)
5.56% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let me explain: In the original Borderlands the relics changed the elemental effect of your action skill. And yes, there was the possibility to add explosive damage to your action skill. Would you prefer what we got in Borderlands 2, the somewhat poorly executed idea of relics refined a bit(Lets face it, 1 legendary relic and a bunch of half useless relics? Come on) or go back to having the ability to change the element of our action skill at will with relics.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
https://soundcloud.com/shake-like-e
#2genesis42Posted 8/26/2014 7:03:39 PM(edited)
drake_skull posted...
(Lets face it, 1 legendary relic and a bunch of half useless relics? Come on)

It's amazing people still actually think this a year and a half after the games release.
---
They play centipede over at IW, each persons head up the next persons ass, just walking around the office, hands and legs flailing about. ~ SevenDayCandler
#3drake_skull(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 7:04:59 PM
genesis42 posted...
drake_skull posted...
(Lets face it, 1 legendary relic and a bunch of half useless relics? Come on)

It's amazing people still actually think this after a year and a half after the games release.

I have found relics lackluster since day 1. I feel I can play without them with no penalties or any change in the overall experience.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
#4genesis42Posted 8/26/2014 7:08:22 PM
drake_skull posted...
I have found relics lackluster since day 1. I feel I can play without them with no penalties or any change in the overall experience.

Same can be said about other pieces of gear too. But that doesn't change the fact that they are still amazing.
---
They play centipede over at IW, each persons head up the next persons ass, just walking around the office, hands and legs flailing about. ~ SevenDayCandler
#5Deadly_ArchersPosted 8/26/2014 7:15:29 PM
I would love the original relic system to return.
---
M13 & Skyrim
It's only natural to look around for an archer when you find an arrow lodged in someone's skull.-GuideToTheDark
#6drake_skull(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 7:52:23 PM
genesis42 posted...
drake_skull posted...

Same can be said about other pieces of gear too. But that doesn't change the fact that they are still amazing.

And yet probably 90% of the vanilla relics didnt really impact gameplay, most of the time you were just filling that slot. Gearbox kinda tried with the E Tech relics but those fell a bit flat as well overall, yes they help some builds but overall arent nearly as useful as the relics in BL1.
---
#7Jambi_ManPosted 8/26/2014 7:55:18 PM
drake_skull posted...
Lets face it, 1 legendary relic and a bunch of half useless relics?

WTF are you talking about? What does " half useless" even mean? The relics provide a boost to whatever aspect of your character you choose to apply it to.

Saying relics in BL2 are useless or "half useless"(whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), is flat out idiotic.

Having said that, I liked the elemental applications to action skills in one.

I choose other.... as in Both.
---
Spiral out...
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/26/2014 7:59:34 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
drake_skull posted...

WTF are you talking about? What does " half useless" even mean? The relics provide a boost to whatever aspect of your character you choose to apply it to.

Saying relics in BL2 are useless or "half useless"(whatever the hell that's supposed to mean), is flat out idiotic.

nothing else need be said
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9drake_skull(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2014 8:27:12 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
drake_skull posted...

Since gearbox doesnt like flat math they look like they are doing more than they are. There are a few that do something useful like the Sheriffs Badge, maybe the Deputy badge and some(not all) of the e techs(and probably a few that I could never get to drop/never found randomly). The agression relics dont do enough to justify the slot in the long run, the stockpile relics maybe can be useful, mostly if you want to spam grenades more or feel the need to carry extra ammo but they all fall flat compared to the utility of being able to set the elemental effect of your action skill. Yes, they can be used to a limited(and diminishing returns) effect but the right class mod usually will just make the small bonus from the relic look silly. Maybe part of my thoughts on this come from them only giving 1 legendary relic that adds a bit of health regen but the relics dont feel like they really make a difference. Thus they feel useless but not entirely. Now I would feel totally different if gearbox hadn't made the %'s work the way they do.
---
#10genesis42Posted 8/26/2014 11:49:38 PM
drake_skull posted...
Maybe part of my thoughts on this come from them only giving 1 legendary relic that adds a bit of health regen

Would it appease you if they arbitrarily gave some other relics in BL2 a different tint of light?

Also, it's no secret that the elemental relics (Bone of the Ancients mainly) are some of the best relics in the game because of how the math works. But to flat out say that the other relics are straight up is useless is wrong.

Saying that the aggression, stockpile etc... relics aren't worth using is akin to saying something along the lines of "hey guys, why are you using the Florentine / Badaboom / Anarchist? Don't you know that the Bee Hawk / Norfleet / Harold is the best weaponry in the game? Why aren't you using that instead?

We get it. While there are a select few relics that almost completely outperform everything else in the game. The fact of the matter is that it would be silly to cast aside the rest of the great options in lieu of the tried and true cookie cutter options.
---