Something I think needs to be asked.

#21Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/28/2014 4:24:38 AM
people seriously STILL care about whether something is legendary or not? this is actually a pretty good example to show that being legendary doesnt always = great.

as youve said. there is 1 legendary relic in the whole game. and TBH, it kinda blows.

you can more than get by with a blue level relic through normal and TVHM. and in UVHM, it is simple to get etech relics. loot midgets drop them at least 1 in 3 for me. or just got grab a sheriffs badge in normal. itll be fine all the way through OP8 f you dont feel like replacing it.

also people really need to get this through their heads:

"i dont like/use ..." =/= bad item.

just because YOU dont like something doesnt make it bad or useless. that would be like me saying the harold is a bad weapon because i personally dont enjoy using it.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#22Kurgan777Posted 8/28/2014 12:21:10 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
as youve said. there is 1 legendary relic in the whole game. and TBH, it kinda blows.

That's why things need to change.

The only relics I keep are the Sheriff's and Deputy's Badges, the 3 different Ancients relics I got from LLM's, and the vehicle booster relic if I feel like farming the Torgue race for tokens.

I used to keep individual elemental booster relics but I found the firing rate bonus from the badges helped to do more damage faster than the elemental boosters did.

And I don't give a s*** about the color rarity level, I care about how the relics help with my characters, and the vast majority of them are useless to me, especially the ones that have penalties that get worse as the levels go up but the accompanying boosts don't really go up to match the penalties.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#23Argyle_GargoylePosted 8/28/2014 3:47:33 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

That's why things need to change.

The only relics I keep are the Sheriff's and Deputy's Badges, the 3 different Ancients relics I got from LLM's, and the vehicle booster relic if I feel like farming the Torgue race for tokens.

I used to keep individual elemental booster relics but I found the firing rate bonus from the badges helped to do more damage faster than the elemental boosters did.

And I don't give a s*** about the color rarity level, I care about how the relics help with my characters, and the vast majority of them are useless to me, especially the ones that have penalties that get worse as the levels go up but the accompanying boosts don't really go up to match the penalties.

*sigh*

Obviously you didnt pay any attention to the last paragraph of my last post. Again just because you dont like/use something doesnt mean it is bad

And where are all of these relics with negative affects? I count one the the whole game and all DLC. Captain blades otto idol which decreases tour ffyl time. It is cursed like many captain blade items.

There are class mods that have penalties like zeros sniper coms but those are entirely different from relics

Lets look:

Strength relics. Essential for Melee builds

Aggression relics. All are good except for the pistol which is overshadowed by the sheriffs badge. Try a non pistol centered build. See how useful that sheriffs badge is

Elemental relics. Already established as good.

Resistance relics: resistance of around %20 in up to 4 different damage types? Not bad

Protection relics: increased shield capacity and reduced rate.

Stockpile relics. Ok if you tend to run specialized weapon setups. Run only snipers? Maybe a pimpernel build? Extra sniper ammo is pretty key.

Allegiance relics: more specialized, but can be quite good on dedicated manufacturer build. Some are better than others

Then you throw in etech relics once you hit UVHM. Just combines affects from other relics at higher percentages. Nothing not to like.

Ill say it again. Just because YOU dont like something doesnt make it bad.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#24lastfirstbornPosted 8/28/2014 10:20:36 PM(edited)
Other. I want both. 3 should be larger in every way, and crazier with skills, guns, relics, locations, heads/skins, types of enemies, etc etc. They always tease in the trailer about things getting bigger. I think it would be awesome to find some high level, rare relics that both increase a % or a raise a skill, while also adding an element to your special. It would be outrageous. 5% exp, 5% rare loot, 5% shield cap, 20% cooldown, AND adds fire to your ability. Another might be 10% health 10% shield cap, adds lightning to your weapon. Yet another, Torgue reload time 20%, Torgue explosion damage up 5%, add explosive to your skill. Of course that would be a hard to find purple even by purple standards. Or even pearl on hard mode. It all sounds small, but you'd have to divide the %s by an amount if three or more add ons appear, plus an element. Then we'd still have pure element relics with higher damage, and pure BL2 style relics as well, with all the old % stuff in tact. That way everyone is happy.

edit to add - I'm also giving % examples on low levels, clearly if it was like 72 it'd all be 20 or more on the increases.
---
Don't smile much. Don't smile ever. But if I did, this would be it. -The Punisher
Anonymity breeds stupidity.