Christmas in September loot wish list (can I get help upgrading?)

#21Metalreaper13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 1:58:02 PM
Dragonsblood posted...
If we're talking about shopping lists, all I'm looking for is Fire Storm and the purple (4) Magic Missile. I don't even care about levels.

A friend helped me level up, going to try hunting for it some more but I'm pretty bad heh.
I use Gaige, is there a suggested build for grinding in this DLC?

I just acquired magic missile, I don't remember if it's blue or purple. And which dlc do you mean?
#22DragonsbloodPosted 9/2/2014 2:08:34 PM
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the DLC that has those grenades.

I have a blue magic missile, a fireball, lightning and chain lightning. I love things things.
---
GT: DeadDragon13
#23Kurgan777Posted 9/2/2014 2:55:58 PM
Metalreaper13 posted...
the bee isn't as crippling to me as it could be, to my surprise. As much as the low capacity bugs me, I stay behind cover and don't really get my shields taken down much. The exception is shock weapons (which a shock resist bee would help fix that), and the super badass enemies that like to survive multiple amped rockets.

It sounds like you're using rockets combined with the bee just because of the high damage numbers, but there's other ways to get more damage faster with a bee than a rocket launcher would allow you to get.

Spec into Accelerate and Wreck, get the Sheriff's Badge Relic, then find/farm yourself a full elemental set of Dart pistols with fast firing rates. Avoid the twin dart pistols, they eat up too much ammo and usually have a very small mag.

Since the Dart pistols have a homing effect, and don't have a distance limit, you'll be able to stand off as far from enemies as you can. The combination of Accelerate and Wreck will let you run off an entire mag of darts at an enemy while your shields are still full, but only while you have at least one enemy in phaselock (Wreck requires phaselock to give the fire rate and damage boost). An entire mag of darts with damage boosted by the bee can be lethal to the biggest badass enemies in the game in a very short period of time.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#24WarsteelIXPosted 9/2/2014 3:30:42 PM
Metalreaper13 posted...
Build as of now, tried to have more of a survivability, rather than sheer damage.

Full All right side of cataclysm tree
(No flicker, immolate, or chain reaction)

4/5 Sweet release
(Just getting to the harmony tree)

5/5 ward, suspension, and quicken
4/5 inertia
Converge
(For motion tree)

So if I have this right your build looks like this:
http://bl2skills.com/siren.html#505001450004000000000505005551

My suggestion would be this (this also depends on what kind of class mods you have):
http://bl2skills.com/siren.html#505001450004000000005550500501

My understanding is that Helios scales very badly in UVHM so you might want to avoid it and if you're not running a melee build there's no real reason to have Backdraft. Blight Phoenix works mainly on melee attackers- and if you're killing them at distance you really don't want them surrounding you. A good spike or nova shield (like the Flame of the Firehawk) allows you to put those points to better use. Wreck and Accelerate add to Maya's overall damage while Kinetic Reflection and Chain Reaction work well with Suspension (but only with bullets- rockets don't count). Because I play solo (and because of class mods) my build- IIRC- looks like this:

http://bl2skills.com/siren.html#554101150052154002005550500501
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#25Metalreaper13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:37:59 PM
Kurgan777 posted...
Metalreaper13 posted...
the bee isn't as crippling to me as it could be, to my surprise. As much as the low capacity bugs me, I stay behind cover and don't really get my shields taken down much. The exception is shock weapons (which a shock resist bee would help fix that), and the super badass enemies that like to survive multiple amped rockets.

It sounds like you're using rockets combined with the bee just because of the high damage numbers, but there's other ways to get more damage faster with a bee than a rocket launcher would allow you to get.

Spec into Accelerate and Wreck, get the Sheriff's Badge Relic, then find/farm yourself a full elemental set of Dart pistols with fast firing rates. Avoid the twin dart pistols, they eat up too much ammo and usually have a very small mag.

Since the Dart pistols have a homing effect, and don't have a distance limit, you'll be able to stand off as far from enemies as you can. The combination of Accelerate and Wreck will let you run off an entire mag of darts at an enemy while your shields are still full, but only while you have at least one enemy in phaselock (Wreck requires phaselock to give the fire rate and damage boost). An entire mag of darts with damage boosted by the bee can be lethal to the biggest badass enemies in the game in a very short period of time.

The rockets only really come out when it's a big baddy or I'm down or something. Definitely not something I primarily depend on, more of a oh crap moment or pick me up. I do put the bee to use with fast firing primary weapons (infinity and legendary baby maker from recent code), those are my typical. I do keep one of each type of weapon in my bag with me so i can change on the fly, and I have a sniper of each element in case. I believe my primary 4 slots are infinity, sniper, launcher, baby maker smg. I do have a sheriffs badge, but it's a much lower lvl (not a big deal I've heard), haven't really gotten around to using it yet. For all the farming I've done, I've used the +5% rare loot relic
#26Metalreaper13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:44:30 PM
Dragonsblood posted...

I use Gaige, is there a suggested build for grinding in this DLC?

I'm not entirely familiar with Gaige, haven't gotten around to playing her yet, but she is my 2nd choice. If there's anything that helps against armored enemies I'd suggest that (unless you already have a good counter strategy with corrosive weapons). I've noticed it's pretty easy to get surrounded in this dlc, but it's typically skeles, knights, or orcs (knights probably being varied slightly tougher. DT might help take out a group when the orcs and knights are busy fighting each other, but the archers rapid fire arrows are annoying
#27Metalreaper13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2014 11:58:44 PM
WarsteelIX posted...

My suggestion would be this (this also depends on what kind of class mods you have):

My understanding is that Helios scales very badly in UVHM so you might want to avoid it and if you're not running a melee build there's no real reason to have Backdraft. Blight Phoenix works mainly on melee attackers- and if you're killing them at distance you really don't want them surrounding you. A good spike or nova shield (like the Flame of the Firehawk) allows you to put those points to better use. Wreck and Accelerate add to Maya's overall damage while Kinetic Reflection and Chain Reaction work well with Suspension (but only with bullets- rockets don't count). Because I play solo (and because of class mods) my build- IIRC- looks like this:

1:Yes that is how my build looks, although I typically have a nurse mod, so currently my sweet release is actually 9/5

2: how do you get to spend you point on ruin and stuff without points in blight Phoenix? I can't do that unless I have 4/5 points in it then it unlocks the next choice
#28WarsteelIXPosted 9/3/2014 12:41:42 AM(edited)
Metalreaper13 posted...
WarsteelIX posted...

1:Yes that is how my build looks, although I typically have a nurse mod, so currently my sweet release is actually 9/5

2: how do you get to spend you point on ruin and stuff without points in blight Phoenix? I can't do that unless I have 4/5 points in it then it unlocks the next choice

If you spend 10 points on the same tier you can skip the next tier and go to the one after that- and drop that VH relic and use your Sheriff's Badge- the relic only boots the chance of finding blue items and you need the benefits of the badge more. BTW, are you using grenades for slag while phaselock is on cool down? If not, what is your slag weapon of choice? ...
---
Behind every good deed lies an ulterior motive...
#29Metalreaper13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2014 2:06:01 AM
WarsteelIX posted...
Metalreaper13 posted...
WarsteelIX posted...

If you spend 10 points on the same tier you can skip the next tier and go to the one after that- and drop that VH relic and use your Sheriff's Badge- the relic only boots the chance of finding blue items and you need the benefits of the badge more. BTW, are you using grenades for slag while phaselock is on cool down? If not, what is your slag weapon of choice? ...

I have snipers of every element, but I do believe I have a few decent slag pistols or smgs, don't recall the particulars of them, they were likely recent golden chest items. Beauty of solo is being able to pause, stop everything around, and decide what items to have on, then continue again ready
#30Kurgan777Posted 9/3/2014 9:42:25 AM
Metalreaper13 posted...
For all the farming I've done, I've used the +5% rare loot relic

You should throw that away ASAP, it's pretty much useless. You're far better off with a relic that helps you kill s*** faster than one that only gives a fraction of a percentage boost to blue level loot.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !