its very possible this will be have cross platform multiplayer...

#1Arrowsedge89Posted 2/29/2012 9:20:58 AM
I just read on g4's news stream that this game is going to use valves's steamworks to power multiplayer so its very possible we could play cross platform with atleast pc players since portal 2 used steam to do cross platform. Would this be awesome or what?
---
PSN - Dark_justice1986
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
#2Power TurtlePosted 2/29/2012 10:04:24 AM
I doubt that, rather i really really hope not.. Borderlands on PS3 was bad enough with mods as was, the crap they were doing on PC was insane. Unless Gearbox really cracks down on this mess, i dont want to be associated at all with them.. No willowtree in Borderlands 2 plzzz..
---
[SIXX]GremlinGrenade
Times moderated because Nintendo fans are whiney little 5 year olds: 3
#3zeik56Posted 2/29/2012 12:40:23 PM
I highly doubt it. The only reason Portal 2 had cross platform support is because Valve pushed for it so hard. There's little reason for Gearbox to push for it in that same way.

That being said, I'd welcome it. Random multiplayer in Borderlands was by and large pretty awful (and it had nothing to do with modded weapons) but none of my friends actually bought it for the PS3.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#4nihilist212Posted 2/29/2012 4:19:38 PM
Power Turtle posted...
I doubt that, rather i really really hope not.. Borderlands on PS3 was bad enough with mods as was, the crap they were doing on PC was insane. Unless Gearbox really cracks down on this mess, i dont want to be associated at all with them.. No willowtree in Borderlands 2 plzzz..

I agree with this. I think mods ruined the online for the first one, I'd hate to see them back in this game. Hopefully they found a way to remove them completely.
---
Your gun is sticking into my hip
psn: jcvdismyhero
#5MattheauPosted 3/1/2012 2:20:11 AM
I'm guessing they confused what "Steamworks Integration" actually means. You can access the Steam overlay, achievements, and cloud.
#6Raptor715Posted 3/4/2012 2:52:56 PM
nihilist212 posted...
Power Turtle posted...

I agree with this. I think mods ruined the online for the first one, I'd hate to see them back in this game. Hopefully they found a way to remove them completely.

There is a simple way to remove modded weapons and that is to encrypt the gamesave. The first BL's gamesave wasn't encrypted and you could easily open it in notepad and change things around. I honestly hope they don't encrypt it but rather block invalid weapons by the hosts choice because BL got boring fast after Platinuming it
---
PSN/GT: Mythodix