Out of bubblegum

#1Strigol81Posted 9/14/2012 8:41:21 AM
You gain 35% fire speed when shields are depleted.

I wonder, if you have to have a shield on for this skill to work?

No shield mod on = depleted shield, if so you could stack all the health increase / regen skills and keep a permenant 35% fire speed...

the same could be achieved with a low level shield in later parts of the game where 1 hit depletes it.

20% hp, 6.5% hp / second regen, and 20% dmg reduction can be achieved via hard to kill, i'm the juggernaut, ain't got time to bleed, and sexual t-rex, granted you have to get a kill, be gunzerking, for those #'s to happen

add in gunzerk's unknown health regen and 50% health heal, as well as come at me bro's unknown damage reduction and full heal and even without a shield (or a crappy one) you come out as a juggernaut
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol
#2Mortis_AngelusPosted 9/14/2012 8:53:44 AM
Well, I would assume you'd need a shield because you can't really deplete something you don't have.
---
The dance of battle is strange and brief. This battle with you has been,well,strangely brief.
#3Strigol81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 10:01:50 AM
which is why I said, wear a level 1 shield, even at say level 10 it'd be gone in a couple hits, triggering everything
---
#4wolfy42Posted 9/14/2012 10:11:45 AM
There are still hp regen shields in the game, so just wear one of them. Generally they have very low amounts of shield...and if you get a good one...high hp regen...which would be perfect...especially with all the health regen skills Salvador gets.

If you can get a +max health AND +health regen shield...that would be the best by far.

Main hard part is getting enough skill points left over to snag yippie kay yeah in the middle tree...so you can keep zerk going all the time. If you want to snag out of bubble gum...you have to ditch bus that can not slow....at least if you want yippie Kay Yeah and Come at me bro.

To me the movement speed boost seems more useful over all then the fire rate boost (since your already going to be fireing so many bullets with two guns).

Another point is you NEED to take damage for the fire rate bonus.....but all you need is to have gunzerking going to get the movement speed bonus.
---
No duckies, just drowning.
#5Strigol81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 5:23:41 PM
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/gunzerker.php?000000000005005412200050055050051

was thinking of something similar to this

hp regen shield, with low shield amount, combine the damage resistances and hp regen from the skills and you'd be getting like 8-10% hp regen / second depending on what the shield gave as well

inconceivable should work well considering you're banking on having 0 shields at all times

I'd love to have about 5-10 more skillpoints to make the build really shine and top off a few of the skills I could only afford to put a point or two in
---
#6wolfy42Posted 9/15/2012 5:32:05 PM
Yeah just about every class would "shine" if they had 5-6 more skill points hehe...I think they did that on purpose (cause they're evil!!).

Sally is probably going to be responsible for making me prioratize max health over damage with my baddass bonus tokens. The more max health you have as Sally...the more invulnerable you are. They say you WILL die...but if you have +140% max health and regen 9% of your max health a second........well lets just say whatever is going to kill you is going to be OBLITERATING other characters. Especially when you factor in an ability that can full heal you even if you are taking more damage then your healing...while drastically reducing incoming damage for 10 seconds afterwards (making your health regen that much more powerful during that time).

I've timed sally's zerk and it looks like base duration is 25 seconds (from vids)...add 15 seconds more with a skill and you have a 40 second base duration zerk. Take yippi Kai up enough for 3 seconds per kill...and if you get 1 kill per 10 seconds that bring you all the way up to 1 minute duration. Sadly you can't come get some and the recharge reduction skill (yet)...so vs bosses you'd have some down time...but in almost every other situation you should be able to keep zerk up fairly constantly....while healing so much that enemy fire and attacks become obsolete just about.
---
#7Strigol81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 6:53:34 PM
Personally I think sal would benefit more from accuracy / recoil reduction / reload speed / fire rate

Cant aim down sights while zerking so accuracy or recoil reduction helps a ton there

Depending on how often you regenerate ammo with the skills involved, the faster you reload, the more damage you can put out, couple that with fire rate and you're a walking badass
---
#8kel25Posted 9/15/2012 7:08:34 PM
wolfy42 posted...
Yeah just about every class would "shine" if they had 5-6 more skill points hehe...I think they did that on purpose (cause they're evil!!).

Sally is probably going to be responsible for making me prioratize max health over damage with my baddass bonus tokens. The more max health you have as Sally...the more invulnerable you are. They say you WILL die...but if you have +140% max health and regen 9% of your max health a second........well lets just say whatever is going to kill you is going to be OBLITERATING other characters. Especially when you factor in an ability that can full heal you even if you are taking more damage then your healing...while drastically reducing incoming damage for 10 seconds afterwards (making your health regen that much more powerful during that time).

I've timed sally's zerk and it looks like base duration is 25 seconds (from vids)...add 15 seconds more with a skill and you have a 40 second base duration zerk. Take yippi Kai up enough for 3 seconds per kill...and if you get 1 kill per 10 seconds that bring you all the way up to 1 minute duration. Sadly you can't come get some and the recharge reduction skill (yet)...so vs bosses you'd have some down time...but in almost every other situation you should be able to keep zerk up fairly constantly....while healing so much that enemy fire and attacks become obsolete just about.

Not sure if you saw the Gearbox video today, where they showed off Terramorphous, but all of your health boosting plans are nearly useless against him. Come at me bro doesn't heal you to full life instantly and a single hit nearly took all of Salvador's shields and health with a Brawn tree spec. Not to mention that he can one hit kill anyone by tossing them over the cliff.

Your build seems like it will be great for everything else though.
#9Strigol81(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 9:57:02 PM
terramorphus is a 4 player "raid" boss for max level characters with the (nearly) best gear in the game

I watched the community day video as well. And if you'd been watching salvador's HP regen, it was nuts, he had 36k HP. 29K shield

First hit he took knocked him down to 2400 HP. Meaning it did nearly 63K damage, he was regening about 762hp / second...meaning 47 seconds to heal to full

not counting the half hp heal from gunzerk and the full hp heal from come at me bro

I'd say against most enemies that 762 hp / second with a half hp heal (gunzerk) and a full hp heal (come at me bro) was more than enough to survive as most things aren't going to hit like terramorphus does

Also have to contend with, going by what pitchford said, they didn't have the best gear, and whomever was playing maya wasn't healing. Add in some real class cooperation and they could have beat it
---
#10wolfy42Posted 9/16/2012 12:59:20 AM
Yeah, I saw the terramorphus fight and I think the character that can solo it is Salvador....when he's actually optimized for healing.

The Sal we saw in that video was played by a total newbie who didn't know how to use his abilities at all, and without optimized equipment either.

Also no way to tell if his char had any boosts from badass tokens.

With optimized equipment (shields boosting max hp, class mods, artifacts and token bonuses) you could easily more then double his current max hp...and boost his hp regen as well.

Then, if the player actually USED his come at me bro ability *lol*.....when he was low on health......you might have a chance soloing him (or at least tanking him mostly so a team could defeat it much easier.

Main problem I see though is unless they extend the max level or give us additional skill points in some way, you can't get both get some and come at me bro...which you really need to solo him (only way to keep zerk up constantly since you won't be getting many kills).

Avoiding getting knocked off the cliff doesn't seem to hard if you know what to do.....and the unavoidable hits seem to have a decent down time between them (tentacles though could be hitting you often). That being said the damage reduction from come at me bro, with very high hp regen....and you could probably last pretty well against him...and certainly against most of the rest of the game.

As you can see in the video ALL the characters have way more max hp then shields...and most can have more steady constant hp regen...then shield regen.

Meanwhile if you can get +60-80% max health from a shield, +30-40% from bonus tokens, +25-70% from a mod (hulking gives up to 50% base health increase and up to +5 to hard to kill), and possibly more from an artifact.....well thats a ton of health regen per second (without artifact factored in...and including the full bonus from hard to kill 10...that is a possible 210% increase in health....and basically a 200% increase over what the zerk in the vid had (so 3x the hp max).

Having 3x the hp means instead of being all out of health after getting hit...he'd be at 75%...and would be regenning 3x as much per second.
---