Transfer character data?

#1C BarPosted 9/14/2012 7:14:21 PM
Anyone know if I can bring my character over to a friend's house, play, then bring back the loot and xp back to my game?
---
.... ..... .. ... ... (World's Smallest Sig)
#2RPGInfinityPosted 9/14/2012 8:56:19 PM
I think you can if you have a PS Plus account, but I dont know how to do it exactly, as I have yet to take the PS+ plunge. I might though, tons of full games right now for free, and some exclusives like Jet Set Radio makes it tempting.
#3C Bar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 9:04:04 PM
I read that you could do it on the 1st game by creating a new account on your friend's ps3, and putting the file on there but I never cared to give it a try because we mainly just played couch coop at my place. It would be nice if I could just easily bring my character with me wherever. Didn't know if this had been mentioned anywhere yet.........nowhere I saw at least.....so I came here for answers because this place knows everything.
---
#4the_requiemPosted 9/14/2012 11:11:05 PM
C Bar posted...
I read that you could do it on the 1st game by creating a new account on your friend's ps3, and putting the file on there but I never cared to give it a try because we mainly just played couch coop at my place. It would be nice if I could just easily bring my character with me wherever. Didn't know if this had been mentioned anywhere yet.........nowhere I saw at least.....so I came here for answers because this place knows everything.

1. You will need to create your profile on your friend's PS3 with your PSN ID, without it your save won't work.
2. Copy your save on USB and copy it to the profile you created.
3. Use that profile and save to play on your friend's PS3.
4. ???
5. Profit?

Now, that is assuming you can copy save to USB. You could in first one. If it still works, kudos, else you'll need PS+ Cloud save.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands GOTY& 2: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2,Mordecai-11, Brick-7. Maya-0, Zero-0, Axton-0, Sal-0
#5C Bar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 8:53:12 PM
Thanks. I am hoping they made this process less complicated though. I would prefer that profit be moved to the first step.
---
#6C Bar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 10:10:33 PM
This did not work when I tried it today. Anyone else got any info about a better way to do this?
---
#7PemosanPosted 9/18/2012 10:36:54 PM
After the midnight release, a friend and I played split-screen on his PS3 while we waited for my PS3 to update in his living room; we lost track of time and were suddenly level 9, and I didn't want to have to redo everything, so we did the USB thing. It worked fine for me, all my levels/missions/inventory was in tact, and I still had my Badass rank, BUT my challenges were all reset to 0.
#8V_V_L_BPosted 9/19/2012 1:21:36 AM
Pemosan posted...
It worked fine for me, all my levels/missions/inventory was in tact, and I still had my Badass rank, BUT my challenges were all reset to 0.

And that's a bad thing?
---
You do not piss off a Khajit that can punch a dragon to death! - silverdraconum