The Enkindling (halp!)

#1CocoDollfacePosted 9/18/2012 7:05:32 PM
So I'm on this mission (Enkindling) and you have to back over to the side of Frostburn canyon that's on the way to the "Firehawk's" lair but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that side of the map. I've checked the map and I've run to every spot that looks like it connects with the left side of the map but it's all sheer walls. The Firehawk's mission was a whole ago so I have no idea how I got there the first time. I can see three places on the map where it looks like you should be able to cross over to that side but every one is impassible. Is anyone on this mission or beyond it and can help me out?
#2shoe7essPosted 9/18/2012 7:12:33 PM
CocoDollface posted...
So I'm on this mission (Enkindling) and you have to back over to the side of Frostburn canyon that's on the way to the "Firehawk's" lair but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to that side of the map. I've checked the map and I've run to every spot that looks like it connects with the left side of the map but it's all sheer walls. The Firehawk's mission was a whole ago so I have no idea how I got there the first time. I can see three places on the map where it looks like you should be able to cross over to that side but every one is impassible. Is anyone on this mission or beyond it and can help me out?

Yeah actually, I friggin hated this quest line specifically because the map is so retardedly set up that finding your way is next to impossible if you're going only off of that. To get back there, start from where you zone in to the canyon. Head northwest and you'll come to an area with a lot of spiderants. If you follow the curve around (to your left) you'll come to an icy cave. Very shortly after you pass the checkpoint box there will be some scaffolding on the left (if you come from the other direction you can see an arrow pointing up to it). Just follow the scaffolding up the path and it will lead you to the correct side of the map.
---
I ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been.
PSN: shoe7ess
#3William406Posted 9/18/2012 7:17:25 PM
Yeah I had the same problems. I noticed the big red arrow pointing the way to the mission you already completed. It took a while, but was pretty annoying. The quest was "trivial" by the time I turned it in.
#4CocoDollface(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 7:30:17 PM
Thank you soooo much! You just saved me a lot of frustration ;)
#5CocoDollface(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 7:41:44 PM
Whoa, so on my way through blacktoe cave, I found three blue SMGs in a pool of water all called Stoic Lascaux. Are these there for anyone else? They're at the beginning of the cave to the right in a pool of water all submerged. I couldn't even see them except for the blue loot lines sticking out of the water. These are the first decent SMGs I've found.
#6shoe7essPosted 9/18/2012 8:16:41 PM
CocoDollface posted...
Whoa, so on my way through blacktoe cave, I found three blue SMGs in a pool of water all called Stoic Lascaux. Are these there for anyone else? They're at the beginning of the cave to the right in a pool of water all submerged. I couldn't even see them except for the blue loot lines sticking out of the water. These are the first decent SMGs I've found.

I got that weapon too but I thought mine was an assault rifle, that's weird.
---
I ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been.
PSN: shoe7ess
#7RandomPerson3Posted 9/18/2012 8:20:26 PM
I hated that area so much. Of course, the spidrens were my least favorite enemy in the game. -_- Plus all the damn Pyro Nomads.

Anyways, thanks for the help as well. I would have tossed my controller in frustration if not for this topic.
---
Goodbye my only friend.... oh, did you think I meant you?
#8deadbolt85Posted 9/19/2012 11:13:12 AM
CocoDollface posted...

I got two of them, one with a scpe and a blade and one without either of those things.
---
LIfe is funny. Not funny like a joke,But funny like a kick in the balls.