im having some conflicts with this game..

#1kirklmattyPosted 9/20/2012 2:28:35 AM
dont get me wrong, i like it.. honestly, i think this is the first game i had gotten this year that wasn't riddled with game breaking bugs, really the only bug i have found so far was a bullymong falling under the map and that quest shotgun that talks, would still talk even after i sold it and is no longer in my inventory.. but in fact i think the script and voice acting (although they decided to ruin my favorite part of the game and change Scooter's voice actor) is pure gold and extremely entertaining. for example, i just got done playing through their glorious Ninja Turtles homage with a buddy of mine and it was brilliant, although the gameplay in this really doesn't bring anything new to the table.. there are some aspects of the game that im not really understanding the point of..

firstly, the weapons.. some of them hemorrhage anywhere up to 2 -5 bullets Per Shot, making a 17 or 24 round gun be spent in 6 or 7 shots with a reload time that feels like half a minute.. and these extra bullets being shot doesnt seem to being any sort of benefit (like multiple hits with a single shot) at all. that just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. a little feature like this just bleeds bullets and doesn't being anything else to the table to make up for what can feel like a survival horror experience if you're at a low enough level. im fine with pretty much all the elemental weapons including the new one, except for explosive.. they made the bullets fly way too slowly, and when you're playing with friends, even the smallest amount of lag will make it impossible to lead your shots on a moving target if you're not up in your enemy's face.

second, the skill tree. now, im only a level 17 at the moment, and i chose the gunzerker (any other name for this guy would have been better than that) and the skill tree isnt really making me jump out of my seat in excitement on what ill choose next.. some of the names and movie references are brilliant, but nothing really past that. you'd think this guy would be a Tank like Brick was in borderlands 1, since you cant truly die in this game and are always invincible with the second wind and New You stations, making the most frustrating aspect of the game is constantly getting knocked down and loosing money.

i cant really think of a third except maybe fall damage, i mean, some is better than none.. iv jumped off places that would have knocked off at least 1/2 of my heath if i did it from that height on B1.

TL;DR version: gun setups and ammo consumption confuse me, and the skill tree isn't all that great.
---
[FfC] PSN: CapNKirkland... also known as CaptainCostco.
Dont correct what i already know is wrong.
#2heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/20/2012 2:36:24 AM
Well the guns are completely random, and the burst shots really just seem like their only purpose is to be used against slow bosses... honestly, I wouldn't mind something like the guns from Ratchet & Clank... like a gun that shoots ricochet stars or a gun that shoots a laser (Are Eridian weapons still in?)

As for skill trees.
Gunzerker
Therein lies the problem.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
MEGIDOLAON FOR EVERYONE - Lizzie. Hello? Dead kid speaking - Neku
#3kirklmatty(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 2:43:56 AM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
(Are Eridian weapons still in?)

from what i can understand from the story so far, after opening the vault in B1, Eridan has been spawning all over the planet, and people have been experimenting the hell out of it and implemented them into the weapons.. the birth of eridean weapons on Pandora (not ht e alien weapons, i think they were taken out of the world completely) the first eridean weapon i found was through one of Dr Zed (Hes helping) quests.. so if your guns shoot purple or pink or what ever color, its an eridean gun.
---
#4heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/20/2012 2:46:59 AM
kirklmatty posted...

from what i can understand from the story so far, after opening the vault in B1, Eridan has been spawning all over the planet, and people have been experimenting the hell out of it and implemented them into the weapons.. the birth of eridean weapons on Pandora (not ht e alien weapons, i think they were taken out of the world completely) the first eridean weapon i found was through one of Dr Zed (Hes helping) quests.. so if your guns shoot purple or pink or what ever color, its an eridean gun.

You mean the slag weapons? So Eridian weapons are absolutely gone then... oh well.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
#5kirklmatty(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 2:49:40 AM
kirklmatty posted...

You mean the slag weapons? So Eridian weapons are absolutely gone then... oh well.

no. weapons infused with eridean crystals.. i didnt say slag weapons, thats elemental. the ALIEN weapons, as far as i know, no longer exist. but Eridean weapons flourish
---
#6heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/20/2012 2:51:20 AM
kirklmatty posted...
kirklmatty posted...

no. weapons infused with eridean crystals.. i didnt say slag weapons, thats elemental. the ALIEN weapons, as far as i know, no longer exist. but Eridean weapons flourish

Oh ok I get what you're saying. Guess I just haven't come across any yet...
---
#7teffyPosted 9/20/2012 2:52:19 AM(edited)
Edit: beaten.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9