Red flavor text weapons

#1soulegion08Posted 9/20/2012 3:51:13 PM
Can anyone give me insight on what they do specifically?

I have a sniper that says "I can see my house from here"
it does 100% critical damage so i love using it to clear areas of trash mobs before i take out the big ones

I also thought it mean it has extremely long range which it does. the scope is amazing but the sway on it gets abit annoying at times.

my friend also has a pistol that says "I am free now" Im not sure what his pertains to. anyone have any idea?
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#2SeferagaPosted 9/20/2012 3:59:26 PM
I found a sniper with that, and I'm pretty sure it just increases the zoom on the scope.
---
Don't get so caught in your ways that you can't change..
#3EgocentrismPosted 9/20/2012 4:06:23 PM
I think they are just flavor text. Some point out the guns strong suits and others are just comedic.
#4soulegion08(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 4:07:30 PM
Egocentrism posted...
I think they are just flavor text. Some point out the guns strong suits and others are just comedic.

hmm thats a tad disheartening, I really wanna know what the "I'm free now" means.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#5MHettenbachPosted 9/20/2012 4:09:08 PM
in the first game that text meant the Zoom range was extended as I recall. I assume its something that they carried over from the first game.

the only one I remember specifically was the Flame one "Pele Demands a Sacrifice" it increased the chance of stuff being set on Fire to damn near every hit did it.
#6SpyDRfreeKPosted 9/20/2012 4:18:05 PM
Its on all orange guns, or at least in BL1 it was. I think it means the weapon has a unique/special ability?
---
i like pie.
number of other users that like pie: 60.
#7howlmoonPosted 9/24/2012 2:34:28 AM
The shotgun with "Kikis got a shotgun" supposedly acts like a tediore but instead of being a grenade it flies around shooting what's left at people.

If it does, I have it but have yet to try it, I will be having some serious fun with it.

BTW it probably is a nod to kikis delivery service. As it flies around 'delivering' the rest of its clip.
#8ValedrelPosted 9/24/2012 2:39:44 AM
I have a pistol that has 98X1 damage. It is really weird because...every other gun doesn't have a X1. The red says something like "would i lie?" and the white text says it does +3000% damage. I was like whaaaaaaat.

The gun shoots 8 projectiles or so instead of the 1(so i guess thats what it lied about) the gun itself does over 3k damage(if all the round hit) but the rounds are slower than an injured midget.
#9Cletus5258Posted 9/24/2012 3:01:51 AM
I think "I'm free now" causes ammo to sometimes not be used when you pull the trigger.

I loved this one, but put it in storage cause my backpack is so small :(
---
I've been reborn as "Cletus_The_Hick"
Whenever I use the bathroom, I'm going to yell "COME FORTH, PUPU!!!"--EternalGuardian07
#10CocoDollfacePosted 9/24/2012 4:17:21 AM
If BL1 is any indication, all guns with red text are going to have some special quality that isn't apparent in the tooltip.