IS BL2 as repetitive and lacking in story as the original?

#1groccoPosted 9/21/2012 7:05:00 AM
I'm referring to the single player game here... I liked the first BL, for a while. Then the missions got very monotonous and repetitive (Go here, kill these guys, get this gun, now go back where you just were and kill more guys even though you just killed them all five minutes ago, etc). I'm hoping that's not the case here.
---
PSN: GRocco1970
"Wherever you go, there you are..." BB
#2JakalDXPosted 9/21/2012 7:06:54 AM
While it has a lot of the "Go to point A, kill everyone, proceed to point B, kill everyone", the locales are more interesting, the story is more involved, and the boss fights are pretty great
---
Sleep is for babies. Gamers play all night.
GT - Saint Lucian PSN - SaintLucian
#3RD_21Posted 9/21/2012 7:25:48 AM
Don't buy it.

I love it, but you clearly don't appreciate RPG with fetch quest. In those games the story usually don't matter and the action is king.

Plus the writing in Borderlands is usually pretty funny so even if the quests are fetch quests, you can appreciate the writing.

I mean what do you want to do in an RPG/Shooter beside killing things, gathering items and running from A to B.
#4grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 8:11:47 AM
RD_21 posted...
Don't buy it.

I love it, but you clearly don't appreciate RPG with fetch quest. In those games the story usually don't matter and the action is king.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I love an RPG like Skyrim or Fallout, but an RPG whose main attraction is loot is frankly boring to me...
---
#5LaKost117Posted 9/21/2012 8:24:16 AM
Its def not for you. Skyrim and fallout both having no repetitiveness. Also, both having such deep involving quest that where in no way repeated...../sarcasm. Seriously though man, to each their own. If you didnt really care for the first, you will undoubtly feel the same for the second.
#62CRZYPosted 9/21/2012 8:34:23 AM
grocco posted...
RD_21 posted...
Don't buy it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I love an RPG like Skyrim or Fallout, but an RPG whose main attraction is loot is frankly boring to me...

Eh Skyrim...Try Dark Souls, now that's a real RPG. Skyrim is too easy and full of fetch quests.
#7grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 8:52:31 AM
Believe me, I WANT to like BL, the gameplay is fun and the visuals are awesome as well. I was just hoping the new one would be a little more imaginative. It's just kind of a downer to go into an area you just cleared and have it be full of enemies again, (and YES, I know that happens in Skyrim as well, but not to the same extent) but maybe that's just me...
---
#8berserksPosted 9/21/2012 8:59:05 AM
Rent it , if you like it , buy it .

I stopped playing bl1 after 2 hour but i can t stop playing bl 2 . It does the same thing as the first but a lot better and the story is more present and interesting in bl 2 .
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>
#9it_r_over9000Posted 9/21/2012 8:59:48 AM
Oh boy grocco is here with his questions.
---
PSN-ponmbr
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/f18ftw/ponmbr.png
#10grocco(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 9:02:40 AM
it_r_over9000 posted...
Oh boy grocco is here with his questions.

What's wrong with asking if the game is good, genius?
---