62.85% (159 votes)
Maya
37.15% (94 votes)
This poll is now closed.
personally I like maya more
#2Damien 5000Posted 9/21/2012 11:07:19 PM
Based on Mechanics or personality?
---
Everything feels better fresh out of the dryer. Even death would be nicer if it was dryer fresh.
-UnitOmega010
#3velvet_hammerPosted 9/21/2012 11:07:20 PM
Same here Plock is way more useful.. I only liked Liliths better for getting to places.. Mayas much better in combat.. Better AOE, Single Target seems same.. Ruin is one of the best t6.. Ya Maya rocks
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#4rknaruto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 11:11:34 PM
Damien 5000 posted...

everything :D
#5heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/21/2012 11:15:54 PM
rknaruto posted...
Damien 5000 posted...

Well thats hardly fair... I mean, in BL2 we see Lilith has her own personality, and she actually does stuff in story scenes/cutscenes etc... We only know so much about Maya :/

I think you should base it solely on mechanics, but oh well...
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
MEGIDOLAON FOR EVERYONE - Lizzie. Hello? Dead kid speaking - Neku
#6spnccarmanPosted 9/21/2012 11:20:40 PM
Personally, Lilith, he dialogue is great, especially during the cult side quest line. Gameplay wise, Maya, she wrecks stuff more than Lilith ever did.
#7rknaruto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 11:23:45 PM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
rknaruto posted...
Damien 5000 posted...

Well thats hardly fair... I mean, in BL2 we see Lilith has her own personality, and she actually does stuff in story scenes/cutscenes etc... We only know so much about Maya :/

I think you should base it solely on mechanics, but oh well...

I mean who do you as person like better
#8lastjusticePosted 9/22/2012 12:58:54 AM
Lilith is much hotter though, really what else matter right? All hail the firehawk, baby! (oh we're being serious...ok then.)

I actually liked aspects of phasewalk , particularly that it works against anything. Phaselock doesn't work on larger enemies. They just take damage and it imediately ends. There's always a tactical use for phasewalk. Whether it's a to buy a moment to heal up , quickly run somewhere, and fry a group of stuff surrounding you. Phaselock out of the box didn't impress me as much, though Im sure it's great once all key stuff get's unlock, but I'm only lvl 20 , so Im not there yet. It's getting there.

Ultimately they seem to try to give all characters more ranged options than the first game as Lilith and Brick were much more close range based characters. They made it a point to not have characters bring a knife to a gun fight so to speak as that seemed to be an unspoken mantra of the game. They retooled the sets to have the choice of range of close up this time around. In general though all new 4 are basically better versions of the originals, the 2.0s , but if they were to recreate the original characters as playable DLC at some point I bet a retooled lilith and the others staying true to their original action skills(close range berzerk, phasewalk, blood wing.Axton and roland probably have the least difference.) they could work just as awesome as Maya. (which I'd like to see happen. Kind of like the extra characters in viewtiful joe, you to use them regardless of continuity erases with in the story it would create.)

Lilith is definitely awesome, as I love where her and Roland and particular's story has gone. The original vault hunters kept fighting the good fight, and well seem to really be a team. They didn't win yet, but the vault hunters story is want makes the game compelling as they a wonderful motley crew of heroes.

I actually wish they'd just fleshed out the new heroes a bit more for how much more entertaining it is to seem them interact with each other as the original cast does. They showed alot of personality in their quotes and how they carried themselves, but now we get to see them take it a step further in this game. I get the whole, well we want anyone to put themselves into the character, but I'm rather over silent hero/insert yourself into the character cop out for trying make characters pseudo blank slate, so I'd rather Maya and all characters had their own story arcs and more dialogue of their own. Would give me alot more incentive to play thru all characters than simply exploring different power sets. They don't give us enough customization to truly claim we're really building our own characters like say City of heroes. We're just picking a coat of paint and they still have a skeleton of a personality of their own, I'd rather they went full force on that. That might be just me though.
---
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice
#9heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/22/2012 1:12:33 AM
I'm actually glad they didn't flesh out the new characters (yet) and they only get referred to as "Vault Hunter" and NO cutscenes involving them. Why? Because Gaige (Mechromancer). This means that in Borderlands 3, she (and any other DLC character) can get fleshed out too. If they had cutscenes with this games vault hunters already and someone picked up Borderlands 3, and Gaige was in, they'd be like "Who the **** is this chick? I don't recall seeing her as part of the story in Borderlands 2..". But due to NO ONE being in cutscenes other than the opening, she can actually be a canon character in Borderlands 3, and worm her into the story.

Also, I hope when we do get her, she gets an ECHO log like the other 4.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
MEGIDOLAON FOR EVERYONE - Lizzie. Hello? Dead kid speaking - Neku
#10lastjusticePosted 9/22/2012 1:21:31 AM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
I'm actually glad they didn't flesh out the new characters (yet) and they only get referred to as "Vault Hunter" and NO cutscenes involving them. Why? Because Gaige (Mechromancer). This means that in Borderlands 3, she (and any other DLC character) can get fleshed out too. If they had cutscenes with this games vault hunters already and someone picked up Borderlands 3, and Gaige was in, they'd be like "Who the **** is this chick? I don't recall seeing her as part of the story in Borderlands 2..". But due to NO ONE being in cutscenes other than the opening, she can actually be a canon character in Borderlands 3, and worm her into the story.

Also, I hope when we do get her, she gets an ECHO log like the other 4.

You know they can just make cutscenes or dialogue for the specfic chaarcter you re using, regardless if it's all canon to grand ending or not. Not every scene has to show all 4 or 5 of the characters or simply they talk about the rebels doing several things at once (because they are, with Roland and the others are working on other aspects of the project while our characters are doing the heavy lifting..) accounting for where ever the characters you currently aren't playing at that moment are. It's not that hard to work around.

To say OMG the DLC character will get the short of the stick is utterally false had they done it...especially since they planned to add atleast her from the get go. I won't be the least shocked if a 6th or 7th get added to line up before the game is thru.It's not like they have to pull a final fantasy 7, where the major cutscenes don't include either of the 2 option characters in them despite most people would have them. (Vincent and Yuffie.)I prefer people tell the stories they want to tell about characters...if I wanted to just write my own story or fan fiction ...I would heh.
---
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice