Some things I don't get about Hyperion and us... (Spoilers (Not really))

#1VermineaterPosted 9/22/2012 6:55:50 AM
Why does Hyperion revive us if Handsome Jack wants us dead? This either needs to be explained or else the story has a huge loophole. :(

Why does Hyperion have missions for us? Giving us any type of reward is questionable.

Do you think Hyperion would appreciate a joke question that has nothing to do with the game?
---
3DS: 1461-6354-3360
#2heyitsthatguy11Posted 9/22/2012 7:03:54 AM(edited)
Vermineater posted...
Why does Hyperion revive us if Handsome Jack wants us dead? This either needs to be explained or else the story has a huge loophole. :(

They want us dead, but hey! Why not rob us first! Seriously late game reconstruction fees -_-

Why does Hyperion have missions for us? Giving us any type of reward is questionable.

...Did you actually even begin to trust them? If yes, shame on you.

Do you think Hyperion would appreciate a joke question that has nothing to do with the game?

We here at Hyperion don't give a single **** about people in the real world's questions. Also fourth wall, shmorth wall.

---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
MEGIDOLAON FOR EVERYONE - Lizzie. Hello? Dead kid speaking - Neku
#3Vermineater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 3:51:36 PM
But no logic is made
---
3DS: 1461-6354-3360
#4Oni_TatsujinPosted 9/22/2012 4:50:52 PM
For one thing, the money used to reconstruct you is beneficial to Hyperion. Also, it's probable that the Guardian Angel has hacked the systems so that even if Jack ordered them to not work for you, it wouldn't happen.
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#5MOJOv6Posted 9/22/2012 5:11:38 PM
I think it can be explained away by the fact that Hyperion is a huge company and it's a oversight.

Having said that, what doesn't make sense to me is why do people die in the game then? Why don't all the dead characters and enemies just come back?

At least with the bandits, you can say that they can't afford it. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I assume as some point Handsome Jack is killed and the good guys win because that's how every movie, game, etc. ends. If he can afford a diamond pony, I'm sure he can afford a few thousand dollars to respawn. Hell, if I was that rich I would be finding fun ways to kill myself just to see what it was like.

You would think that fact that there exists a technology that basically makes people immortal would be a bigger plot point.
---
sf-central.com/forums
#6JakalDXPosted 9/22/2012 5:12:11 PM
The plot matters?
---
Sleep is for babies. Gamers play all night.
GT - Saint Lucian PSN - SaintLucian
#7Loss1010Posted 9/22/2012 5:24:36 PM
MOJOv6 posted...
I think it can be explained away by the fact that Hyperion is a huge company and it's a oversight.

Having said that, what doesn't make sense to me is why do people die in the game then? Why don't all the dead characters and enemies just come back?

At least with the bandits, you can say that they can't afford it. I haven't beaten the game yet, but I assume as some point Handsome Jack is killed and the good guys win because that's how every movie, game, etc. ends. If he can afford a diamond pony, I'm sure he can afford a few thousand dollars to respawn. Hell, if I was that rich I would be finding fun ways to kill myself just to see what it was like.

You would think that fact that there exists a technology that basically makes people immortal would be a bigger plot point.

Story and gameplay segregation. That's all there is to it.
---
...you globalist NWO tool. ~ jacinto34
#8airtamisPosted 9/22/2012 7:16:47 PM
I can think of two reasons. One, not everyone is rich enough to afford respawning.

Two- have you noticed how enemies always come back when you return to an area?