87 bazillion crap guns.

#11acealexander702Posted 9/22/2012 11:43:20 AM
this isn't as good as the first? .... ugh.... just gtfo... -______-
---
PSN ID: Ace2540
#12RainIsMyDrugPosted 9/22/2012 11:58:28 AM
As far as the gun's go.. I think the first have some better weapon but that about it. I do agree with you there billions and billions of rehash gun that only different is a different randomly generated stats. There isnt alot of weapon box but there crap load of ammo box
#13JLaw619Posted 9/22/2012 2:46:09 PM
RainIsMyDrug posted...
As far as the gun's go.. I think the first have some better weapon but that about it. I do agree with you there billions and billions of rehash gun that only different is a different randomly generated stats. There isnt alot of weapon box but there crap load of ammo box

I thought the same thing until I really started looking I've found at least ten different types of gun chest..... they just didn't make them easy to find in this one some are obvious but others are very well hidden
#14deadbolt85Posted 9/22/2012 10:53:12 PM
Defyingthelaw posted...
try out the "Slag" Hail

I dont know what the others are called cuz mine does slag damage, but yeah. Its a quest reward item I know.

Its easily my favorite gun from both games.

It lobs two ammo at once in like an arch. I was like.. what? Weird, crappy angle thats impossible to aim at anything with. But then I used it in combat. FUN AS CRAP man.

Actually quite a few of quest reward items are fun.

There's a TALKING SHOTGUN in this game. Enough said.
---
LIfe is funny. Not funny like a joke,But funny like a kick in the balls.
#15Iain RockfordPosted 9/22/2012 11:25:40 PM
Defo lack of weapon crates so far
---
this week my outlook on life is the glass is half empty!!
#16mrbortPosted 9/23/2012 12:13:49 AM
Potential low-level spoilers below..

I'm only level 9 (only barely) and am probably crawling into Sanctuary at a slower pace than most people but I also have noticed the distinct lack of weapons crates. However, when one finds them, they're undeniably more exciting to me. I found my first purple because I was stupidly possessed to clear out that whole area where you have to kill 20 of the [insert forgotten name here]. At the top there was a weapons crate and it had an awesome gun. I went and cleared out that little area before sanctuary just for grins to see what I have.

I'm also really bad at this game; luckily I'm playing as the gunzerker so I can stand up to most stupidity that I run into.

One thing that I think really makes this game better for me than the first is the strategic save point location. This is the first game where I've really played a tank. I'm not embarrassed to say that I die a lot because I always think I can win or get that second wind. I get a lot of second winds (which is a thrill in and of itself) but when I die, there is just the right amount of punishment to allow me to continue playing and continue wading in and picking off bad guys. Yeah, it's a horribly noobish way to play but the game enables me to have fun so that's what I'm pleased about. I feel like it was a good investment for someone who is almost always working and called out of the country a lot on little to no notice. I can pick this sucker up and wade in, die and repeat... and achieve a little bit of progress.

I wish that significant gun drops were more plentiful so that I could mess around with different interesting configurations but overall I'm really pleased. So far, I also think the story is a bit more linear (maybe that changes) and I've yet to really get missions in tons of diverse locations so that helps me as someone who got a little overwhelmed in BLI.
---
I drank what?? Socrates
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate; it takes strength to be gentle and kind. The Smiths
#17EtroAnimePosted 9/23/2012 12:36:55 AM
mrbort posted...
Potential low-level spoilers below..

I'm only level 9 (only barely) and am probably crawling into Sanctuary at a slower pace than most people but I also have noticed the distinct lack of weapons crates. However, when one finds them, they're undeniably more exciting to me. I found my first purple because I was stupidly possessed to clear out that whole area where you have to kill 20 of the [insert forgotten name here]. At the top there was a weapons crate and it had an awesome gun. I went and cleared out that little area before sanctuary just for grins to see what I have.

I'm also really bad at this game; luckily I'm playing as the gunzerker so I can stand up to most stupidity that I run into.

One thing that I think really makes this game better for me than the first is the strategic save point location. This is the first game where I've really played a tank. I'm not embarrassed to say that I die a lot because I always think I can win or get that second wind. I get a lot of second winds (which is a thrill in and of itself) but when I die, there is just the right amount of punishment to allow me to continue playing and continue wading in and picking off bad guys. Yeah, it's a horribly noobish way to play but the game enables me to have fun so that's what I'm pleased about. I feel like it was a good investment for someone who is almost always working and called out of the country a lot on little to no notice. I can pick this sucker up and wade in, die and repeat... and achieve a little bit of progress.

I wish that significant gun drops were more plentiful so that I could mess around with different interesting configurations but overall I'm really pleased. So far, I also think the story is a bit more linear (maybe that changes) and I've yet to really get missions in tons of diverse locations so that helps me as someone who got a little overwhelmed in BLI.

Same here I am just crawling through the game even though I am level 12 but I like to take my time through it. I have found some nice guns so far even though I find more disappointing guns than good ones. However if you are thorough in areas and search well enough you can find good guns. The funny thing so far I have been looking for that stellar Assault rifle and but as Axton I have came across two awesome Shotguns. So keep at it my friend the game is designed pretty well to keep things interesting as you go through this game, and the story is linear but the sidequest help the story as well.
#18SamaTHPSPosted 9/23/2012 12:45:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19bfist1stPosted 9/23/2012 12:48:52 AM
1st learn to shoot, then get the good (well hidden..) loot.
Have some patience. It's worth.
---
=bRo= IPh1zt
101% TEAMplay because it saved my life. True story.
#20Artemicion82Posted 9/23/2012 2:26:50 AM
He's saying that the guns have no variety compared to the first, not that the stats are bad.

I agree that the guns have less variety, but the thing is I never used those type of guns in the first game, they were more clumsy compared to just normal straight fire. Probably why they took them out of the game.
-