The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Railguns and E-Tech Weapons

#1CocoDollfacePosted 9/22/2012 3:44:06 PM
So I'm on my second play through almost to Sanctuary, level 36. I don't think I've run across any railguns or e-tech weapons (outside of that one in the mission). Is there anything to identify the weapon as either of these? I hate to think I trashed one just because I didnt recognize it.
#2VanshingWorldsPosted 9/22/2012 3:46:51 PM
They're "fuscia" (sp?) in color. Almost a red. Always requires at least two ammo to fire. Damage is typically higher than others of its level. Always shoot a different sort of projectile if you fire it off (haven't seen one yet that leaves a bullet hole effect, but who knows).
---
---
Everything I've gained in my life... I'm giving to you!
#3CocoDollface(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 4:03:47 PM
So are e-tech and railguns referring to the same thing? I've read both terms on the gearbox forums (can't post because I can't make an account on iOS), and I'm a little confused.
#4roseknight84Posted 9/22/2012 5:31:31 PM
Can you upgrade a gun to e-tech(besides modding)?
---
NARF!
#5james5037Posted 9/22/2012 5:47:28 PM
roseknight84 posted...
Can you upgrade a gun to e-tech(besides modding)?

No, the articles that said that were a complete lie or had no idea what they were talking about.

Shame, the idea of spending rare currency to augment your favorite weapons with cool alien technology sounded really cool. Was REALLY disappointed to find that all eridium does is increase your SDU's, oh boy. -.-
#6Steavis09Posted 9/22/2012 5:47:59 PM
VanshingWorlds posted...
Always shoot a different sort of projectile if you fire it off (haven't seen one yet that leaves a bullet hole effect, but who knows).
---

I've had two that fired out what I can only describe as a "sparkly homing dot" that hit the target and then exploded, and I had one also that worked along the lines of an explosive crossbow bolt, it would shoot straight forward really fast, stick in the enemy for a second and then explode.

The color on them, which put side to side against the "rare" purple is actually relatively unmistakable, so if you found one I think you'd have know, especially if you tried to fire it. That said, I wouldn't say they were very common, as I'm level 41 right now and have only found two outside of the two I received from the mission from Sanctuary in either playthrough.
#7Steavis09Posted 9/23/2012 11:50:21 AM
Just an update for this, I just found what is quite possibly the best sniper rifle I've seen so far, and it's E-Tech, called "Operational Hybridification". This particular one fires a laser that you can bounce off of walls (much like bouncing the ball off of the side of the table in pool,) and it has 12.8k damage and 1.7k electric damage per second. If I had one complaint, it is the Hyperion make, which provides a little more scope sway than I'd like (using Maya,) but I'm sure a range spec'd Zer0 could handle it really well.

Adds to the list of what these things are capable of.
#8JakalDXPosted 9/23/2012 11:52:00 AM
Steavis09 posted...
Just an update for this, I just found what is quite possibly the best sniper rifle I've seen so far, and it's E-Tech, called "Operational Hybridification". This particular one fires a laser that you can bounce off of walls (much like bouncing the ball off of the side of the table in pool,) and it has 12.8k damage and 1.7k electric damage per second. If I had one complaint, it is the Hyperion make, which provides a little more scope sway than I'd like (using Maya,) but I'm sure a range spec'd Zer0 could handle it really well.

You just gave me an erection.
---
Sleep is for babies. Gamers play all night.
GT - Saint Lucian PSN - SaintLucian
#9Steavis09Posted 9/23/2012 11:57:43 AM
JakalDX posted...
Steavis09 posted...

You just gave me an erection.

Initially I saw the name, figured it was Hyperion and thought "money!" because I often sell Hyperion weapons because I'm an ADS junkie AND an ammo conservancy junkie; then I decided to just throw it on really quick to give it a shot (literally) and see what that shot did........when I saw the laser, I was impressed, and when I popped an engineer's head for a one hit kill with it, I was sold.

It's a level 44 requirement, meaning there are certainly more powerful variants at higher levels. Acquired in Opportunity, not sure if that has any relevancy or not, but figured I'd put that information out there.
#10jerichoswallPosted 9/23/2012 12:00:51 PM
I have found a ton of e-tech weapons, mostly spikers though (basically a needler from halo) and a nice corrosive smg, wish I had more bank space, I ran out of room with all the purple, orange, and e-tech items
---
GT= Jerichoswa11