Is it just me, or is this game really not funny?

#41MarakushPosted 9/23/2012 1:19:42 PM
Rafedx posted...
kel25 posted...
Boutchie23 posted...
You guys are so edgy...

No. We just don't have the same sense of humor that a 5 year old boy has.

Hey man, that's harsh. Just because someone finds a fart joke or 2 funny doesn't mean they are kids.

I can agree that some of the jokes have been hit or miss (bonerfarts wasn't funny, not cringe worthy but didn't make me laugh.) I liked all the stuff Jack says, I like claptrap so that helps with his humor, IMHO its really the stuff the enemies say that gets me laughing.

"You smell like my little girl."

"I miss my midget."

Them sounding like Nappa from Dragon Ball Abridged adds a whole new level of funny for me.

"When Claptrap speaks, I feel my brain cells committing suicide one by one."

Those are some that made me laugh, almost all the references I have found have either made me crack a smile or outright laugh, like the TMNT reference, Top Gun, etc.

Anyways, humor is subjective so the game isn't necessarily NOT funny, just not your type of jokes/humor.

This. I'd say I didn't find every single jokes hilarious, and some of them were not funny. Nothing was cringe worthy. Not being funny doesn't mean it ruins the dialogue. I'd say there's definitely more good ones than bad ones.
---
Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.
#42F_WolfPosted 9/23/2012 1:23:46 PM(edited)
kel25 posted...
Boutchie23 posted...
You guys are so edgy...

No. We just don't have the same sense of humor that a 5 year old boy has.

Yet you purchased a sequel to a game known for this type of humor. Huh, what does that make you then?
#43SunriePosted 9/23/2012 1:24:37 PM
Waaaa, this game n which the main goal is to shoot people in the face and gear up, isn't funny! I missed the point of it all, waaa!
---
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam et lingua eius loquetur iudicium
#44DesverilstyxPosted 9/23/2012 1:36:06 PM
If you want to get into the technical point of view of borderlands 2 the jokes being half-baked and ridiculous at times are supposed to be that way, hammerlock callin bullymongs "bonerfarts" was actually quite in character just think in the position of a zoologist, you're trying to name something cool and then you get angry because all the cool names are taken so you get frustrated at it and name it something stupid. also the jokes being bad adds to the level of humor because we all have to remember that Pandora is a border planet (hence the name Borderlands). so since it's a backwater border planet on the edge of civilization it means that the level of sanity and/or sophistication of society is going to be very meager at best. personally i like the humor in this one it adds a level of realism and depth to the story based on a border planet filled with riches and apparently psychotic greedy corporation presidents lol. but like all games it is not meant for everyone.
---
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates open and doors unbarred."
#45RayjayaPosted 9/23/2012 1:50:48 PM
JohannKraus posted...
The amount of rampant fanboyism in this topic it pathetic

"If only there was some way to win an argument on the internet without actually having an argument ... I know! Everyone who doesn't agree with me must be a blatant fanboy!"

So does this mean because you disagree with me you are a 12rip year old call of duty fanboy who is just trolling?

I will admit that I love this game, but fanboy usually means "closed minded idiot who thinks _______ can do no wrong", you seem to be the most close minded person here.
I find the jokes funny, because they paint a humorous atmosphere to the game, it stark contrast to the actions you take, even if some jokes are dumb memes, and about bonerfarts.

And one more thing, if this game is so bad why are you arguing about it anyway? Especially here, if you hate something doesn't reddit or 4chan have boards dedicated to hating all things enjoyable?
#46RayjayaPosted 9/23/2012 2:00:18 PM
Did I miss something here? Is this game supposed to be a glorious comedy, like Monty python meets Seinfeld?

Even if the jokes suck, they are needed, otherwise the overall tone of the game will start to get pretty messed up.
Example
You just cleared out the psyco camp, or you just mercilessly killed mental patients who have been abandoned on a planet without treatment or medication, and looted their corpses because you want to "save the planet" from a guy who "kills the innocent"

Gets pretty messed up fast don't it?
#47GunzleaderPosted 9/23/2012 2:13:57 PM
Sunrie posted...
Waaaa, this game n which the main goal is to shoot people in the face and gear up, isn't funny! I missed the point of it all, waaa!

wow srsly grow up.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#48JohannKrausPosted 9/23/2012 2:15:00 PM
Rayjaya posted...
JohannKraus posted...
The amount of rampant fanboyism in this topic it pathetic

"If only there was some way to win an argument on the internet without actually having an argument ... I know! Everyone who doesn't agree with me must be a blatant fanboy!"

So does this mean because you disagree with me you are a 12rip year old call of duty fanboy who is just trolling?

I will admit that I love this game, but fanboy usually means "closed minded idiot who thinks _______ can do no wrong", you seem to be the most close minded person here.
I find the jokes funny, because they paint a humorous atmosphere to the game, it stark contrast to the actions you take, even if some jokes are dumb memes, and about bonerfarts.

And one more thing, if this game is so bad why are you arguing about it anyway? Especially here, if you hate something doesn't reddit or 4chan have boards dedicated to hating all things enjoyable?

I really like the game and find it really funny.
But everyone seemed to tear that guys head off when he said he didn't.
---
http://mob73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/estonc/delts.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FoV5u.gif
#49AnathemaFoxPosted 9/23/2012 2:25:43 PM
my fav so far is scooter... goes something like...

"Yeeeah! get you a ride from scooter! the ladies say im the fastest ride on pandoooooh... i just realized that's an insult.."
---
No. 13 -- AC:V Gamefaqs team.
#50gna647Posted 9/23/2012 2:28:00 PM
I think my favorite joke in the game was when

claptrap encounters the stairs
---
http://i.imgur.com/dZnyH.png http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png