Zero's Bore Skill

#1ChiefSouthPosted 9/24/2012 3:55:29 PM
Does it go through the shields that Nomads hold? It is very rare that I ever get two enemies stacked one behind the other, so it seems like this skill isnt worth the point.
---
PSN: t-virus36
#2zyrax2301Posted 9/24/2012 3:57:09 PM
No, it only goes through squishy bits...but it does work wonders if you're farming Old Slappy.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3zyrax2301Posted 9/24/2012 3:59:29 PM
And as you go on and find yourself facing more and more enemies, it becomes more common for them to be lined up - if you use SMGs or shotguns then you'll get a lot of mileage out of the skill.
---
#4RampantAIPosted 9/24/2012 4:34:37 PM
Bore is a must have skill for zero, in my opinion.

Can't tell you how many times I've used a high pellet count shotgun to just mow down an entire mob of rats or threshers with one or two shots.
#5Oni_TatsujinPosted 9/24/2012 4:42:12 PM
Before release there was a vid of Randy Pitchford and some guys playing through Caustic Caverns for a bit. During that, Randy said that B0re could pierce through Nomad shields and Spiderant shells to hit their weakspots behind.

He lied...
---
The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#6zyrax2301Posted 9/24/2012 4:54:07 PM(edited)
I can't confirm right now, but both of those are possible.

1. Nomads who have midgets chained to their shields have a hidden hole in their shield directly behind the midget. A well placed shot would hit both enemies, but it wouldn't be a critical shot against either.

2. Spiderants have two distinct hitboxes for their head and thorax, and unlike the Nomad's shields the armoured head actually takes damage so should be considered "squishy". Again, I can't guarantee it works but I can imagine that shooting a spiderant in the face would hit the thorax as well, if it were lined up correctly.
---
#7zyrax2301Posted 9/25/2012 2:33:17 PM
I tried the Spiderant thing out last night and confirmed that it works with most Spiderants - shooting them right down the middle with Bore will go through their face and get a critical hit on the thorax.

It worked on Spiderants, Spiderant Soldiers, Spiderant Kings - but not Spiderant Knights. Their armour actually reflects bullets from the looks of things, the same way Nomad shields do.
---