Critical Hit Damage and Melee

#1XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 9/29/2012 10:01:58 PM
I'm speaking of Zer0's melee attacks. Obviously you can score criticals with melee strikes, but do critical hit damage modifiers affect it? Such as Headshot, or Killer, and even the Critical boost that Deception provides?
---
PSN ID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#2JmbarberPosted 9/29/2012 10:09:28 PM
Yes they do
#3XCrimsonSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 10:13:04 PM
Jmbarber posted...
Yes they do

Sounds like it could be quite powerful then. I've not yet tried Zer0 but I was aiming for a Melee build with Sniping tree skills that boost criticals. I'm still unsure of how Execute works though, if you can use it on a critical point, or if because it's a special attack, it can't be aimed... Or maybe it automatically preforms a critical hit?
---
#4res_black_deathPosted 9/29/2012 10:33:47 PM
From what I've noticed with execute you can get a critical hit with it however due to the lock on lunge that it does it's kinda hard to get them very often.

At least for me it is anyways.
#5XCrimsonSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 10:59:42 PM
res_black_death posted...
From what I've noticed with execute you can get a critical hit with it however due to the lock on lunge that it does it's kinda hard to get them very often.

I see, so Execute can't lock onto a critical hit point, it just locks onto the enemy itself, and you have to be lucky if it does hit the critical point?
---
#6JLaw619Posted 9/30/2012 1:33:47 AM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...

I see, so Execute can't lock onto a critical hit point, it just locks onto the enemy itself, and you have to be lucky if it does hit the critical point?

Not so when you enter deception you have same control as you normally do I crit hit often you can also add to that if you hit them from behind and have points in back stab extra 30 percent I think maybe 40 its possible to have 1200% melee bonus with correct skills, gun, class mod & relic plus I have a raid shield that adds over 20k to melee attack when depleted and I'm sure there are better ones out there
#7XCrimsonSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 1:49:00 AM
JLaw619 posted...
XCrimsonSamurai posted...

Not so when you enter deception you have same control as you normally do I crit hit often you can also add to that if you hit them from behind and have points in back stab extra 30 percent I think maybe 40 its possible to have 1200% melee bonus with correct skills, gun, class mod & relic plus I have a raid shield that adds over 20k to melee attack when depleted and I'm sure there are better ones out there

The same control you say? So if you aim your cross hairs on the enemy's head and preform Execute, you'll score a critical hit, it won't just target the torso by default?
---
#8JLaw619Posted 9/30/2012 10:17:27 PM
Yes you have control however aiming is more difficult because you do not have crosshairs in deception and you just see enemies as bright blue targets but yes you can aim Zero's deception melee isn't any different from his regular melee except for the added bonus's and he is cloaked.....
#9XCrimsonSamurai(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 10:26:09 PM
JLaw619 posted...
Yes you have control however aiming is more difficult because you do not have crosshairs in deception and you just see enemies as bright blue targets but yes you can aim Zero's deception melee isn't any different from his regular melee except for the added bonus's and he is cloaked.....

Execute was my concern, since it doesn't seem to be a normal melee attack. I figured when preforming a melee attack during deception, you'd have a harder time aiming if Execute is automatically causing you to lunge at the enemy. I wasn't sure if EXECUTE could be aimed.
---