Where is a good place to let a goliath level up?

#1HavocLinkPosted 9/30/2012 2:49:55 PM
I'm level 24 at the wildlife preservation part of the story. I've been wanting to fight the highest level goliath, but i can never seem to get those suckers to kill enough people. Any place suggestions?
#2zzenigmaxzzPosted 9/30/2012 2:50:48 PM
i hear people talk about an area behind ellies garage, havent tried it myself but worth a try

believe theres alot of spiderants back there so plenty of fodder for them
---
Currently playing: Diablo 3
XboxLive Gamertag: ZZenigmaxZZ PSN ID: zzenigmaxzz
#3jmyoda10Posted 9/30/2012 2:53:23 PM
First area in Frostburn. Kill all of the nomads first though guns hurt him a lot. If he goes through all of the psychos, sprint into the next area.
---
Why are so many people in personal ads looking for D&D free? What's wrong with a little tabletop roleplaying?
#4KushuPosted 9/30/2012 2:53:30 PM
Ellie's Garage was a popular suggestion in a similar topic.

I also like Thousand Cuts or some parts of Sawtooth Cauldron.
#5FryerPosted 9/30/2012 2:54:29 PM
I used the mine in Tundra express, there is plenty of guys there and an alarm to summon more.
#6zyrax2301Posted 9/30/2012 2:55:14 PM
A guaranteed spot to do this is a side mission in Thousand Cuts where you need to protect a supply crate from a Hyperion bot assault - just don't aggro the Goliath.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#7xsniper90xPosted 9/30/2012 2:55:34 PM
i got it done in frostburn.

also, the arena is a good place too.
---
psn: hitman555z
i just grew a third peg leg, dood! - prinny
#8RjmhartPosted 9/30/2012 2:57:56 PM
The area where you do the tea party quest. When you go to where Flesh stick is, there's a Goliath in there. Kill the other guys in the area and have the Goliath chase you out to fight the mosquito things.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#9Jeric735Posted 9/30/2012 3:04:15 PM
The only issue with the area behind Ellie's garage is that the Slag Spiderants can screw with the Goliath's survivability, but there's definitely more than enough enemies there to make him God-tier. I've also gotten it done in the bandit camp in Eridium Blight, just east of the path that leads to Geary. It can be a bit riskier since there are Slag Psychos and usually several Goliaths, but the terrain makes it easy to avoid the Goliath yourself.
---
PSN: Jeric-S
#10yarouPosted 9/30/2012 3:23:57 PM(edited)
Actually behind Ellie's garage worked for me without even knowing it was a good place, heck I wasn't even trying. xD

Only thing you gotta keep in mind is, you have to help the Goliath, try to shoot whatever he's fighting or draw aggro of other enemies so they all don't gang up on him, plus weakening them so the Goliath can kill them faster/ more easily.

Just to be more specific, "Behind the garage" is more like waaaay back, all the way to the left (if facing towards the back.)