Dukino's Mom? How?! (Spoilers)

#1KoRnKoBPosted 10/1/2012 1:58:15 AM
I'm up to the quest to defeat Dukino's mom, and am finding this impossible! I'm playing solo, level 28 Siren. The laser attack she does instantly puts me in FFYL mode and there are no enemies that respawn to catch a second wind. Is this a mission that requires multiplayer? The mission is simply impossible for me to do it alone, she can kill me in one hit and I don't do enough damage in that amount of time to not die and allow her to heal.

Guessing I could just level up, but the quest is a level 25 one!
---
Currently playing: Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls. PSN: PrincePAUL87
#2JollibeatsPosted 10/1/2012 2:03:06 AM
You know how you take an elevator down? Right where the switch is, there's this piece of metal comprising the "fence." Stay RIGHT behind this piece of metal (it's to the left of the switch) and NONE of her attacks will touch you. Make sure you have enough ammo to take her out.
---
PSN/Summoner Name: Jollibeats
3DS FC: 5284-1412-8049
#3chuck003Posted 10/1/2012 6:21:01 AM
Jollibeats posted...
You know how you take an elevator down? Right where the switch is, there's this piece of metal comprising the "fence." Stay RIGHT behind this piece of metal (it's to the left of the switch) and NONE of her attacks will touch you. Make sure you have enough ammo to take her out.

This is exactly how I beat her. Only thing I would add is that I seem to remember one attack where she lobs balls of light at you that act sort of like mortars. Those can still get you from behind the wall. So if you see those coming you'll probably want to run out of the way until they explode and then get right back there before you get hit again.
#4SlyGamer1979Posted 10/1/2012 6:29:04 AM
I prefer standing behind a boulder then inch out behind it shoot and move around lol i made "Big Mama" go around in so many circles i thought she'd get dizzy and all over @_@
while my turret shoots her :-P
---
PSN SlyFox5679
#5Gamemaster64Posted 10/1/2012 6:32:29 AM
The laser is no problem, the ball attack what sucks the most.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#6it_r_over9000Posted 10/1/2012 6:54:15 AM
My friend who was playing Maya and melting everythings face off up to that point had the same problem with her that you are having. Me on the other hand playing as Salvador found it to be a total cake walk to kill her. I hugged the boulder like the other poster mentioned and was able to dodge most damage. If you can get Moxxi's rocket launcher from the creatute slaughter dome it will help tremendously. For that point in the game it does massive damage.
---
PSN-ponmbr
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/f18ftw/ponmbr.png
#7Dragonfist17Posted 10/1/2012 6:56:11 AM
I had a bit of trouble with this until I figured out the pattern, after a few tries its actually very easy. You are going to want a corrosive weapon for this, preferably a fast firing sniper rifle/pistol, or rocket launcher. Her mouth is the critical zone.

The general strategy is to stay as far from her as possible while still being able to shoot at her. So, walk backwards with her around the arena, and if you see her about to use the breath attack take cover behind the nearest rock. If you see her shoot balls of lightning then start running circles around her till she stops, and don't get too close to her or she will do a ground stomp that hurts quite a bit. Also watch out for bandits that spawn on the sides of the map.
#8ValedrelPosted 10/1/2012 6:59:39 AM
I must have been over leveled or something because i never had an issue. Just hid behind the rock when lasers came and shot her in the mouth.
#9beezer08Posted 10/1/2012 7:36:52 AM(edited)
Lots of hiding with zero lol. I took advantage of the bandits spawning and hid behind boulders
---
PSN: beezer08
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif
#10KushuPosted 10/1/2012 7:37:26 AM
Launcher.
GG Doggie.