Question regarding two player split screen on same profile

#1evenflow80Posted 10/1/2012 10:04:13 AM
Hello,

I accidentally posted this on Xbox board so wanted to correct and ask here:

Me and my wife each have a character saved on my main psn profile. We can select each separately and play single player if needed

However we use our characters to play split screen. She is player 1 top half of screen and I'm player two bottom half of screen

So both of use have "myscreenname" but I think I have "myscreenname(1)".

I noticed with my character everytime I start the game with her my badass ranks and associated bonuses reset and are gone. I think all other progress (guns levels missions etc) save

In fct when we are done playing and quite and save the game says:

All progress will be sved for myscreenname
All progress will be saved for myscreenname(1)

But my badass ranks and bonuses don't seem to save for me, but I think everything else does

Question: on Xbox board they are saying one of us has a guest account and all progress isn't saved. Despite the fact that they are two seperate saved characters that we load up everytime and it says all progress will be sved for each

What's going on??
---
"Yadamblahblahblahbla" - Toadsworth in Super Mario Sunshine.
#2JoRo1986Posted 10/1/2012 10:07:43 AM
I believe you can only have 1 profile save per Playstation profile. So that would explain why your character keeps everything but the BA ranks, since the profile save keeps track of skins, BA ranks, and shared storage in sanctuary (I think I'm right in this, someone else can correct me if I'm wrong). But if you created another profile on the PS3, I think this would fix it as there would be two separate profile saves. I haven't tested this myself, but from what I can tell about the profile saves, that's how it would work.
---
:)
PSN: JoRo1986
#3adamoldenPosted 10/1/2012 10:10:41 AM
It's a glitch basically. You need to create a seperate profile for player 2. Your character is being treated as a guest for the badass ranks, etc. The weapons and stuff saves fine. Their badass system is linked to profile data not character data, to prevent some form of manipulation and abusing of the system in co-op.

Just create a second psn profile to log into as player 2, and create a character on that profile, then load it up with the first player/psn account, and you should be fine.
#4evenflow80(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 10:31:18 AM
So basically I have to start a brand new character all over again?

This is BS. Why did they make it so damn difficult and with little explanation? This will be the third straight time me and my wife will start over to try and keep everything.

There's no way I can copy my level 13 character to a second profile rather than start all over??
---
#5wifter8Posted 10/1/2012 10:33:52 AM
adamolden posted...
It's a glitch basically. You need to create a seperate profile for player 2. Your character is being treated as a guest for the badass ranks, etc. The weapons and stuff saves fine. Their badass system is linked to profile data not character data, to prevent some form of manipulation and abusing of the system in co-op.

Just create a second psn profile to log into as player 2, and create a character on that profile, then load it up with the first player/psn account, and you should be fine.

He's right about it being a glitch, but i'm not so sure about the second part. My player 2 co-op character had it's Badass points reset too, and from what I've read so far, it also effects people who log in on a 2nd profile.

I did notice that the P2 Badass Rank was lost, after my son used the P2 drop in/drop out Golden Key respawn exploit. I'd be interested to know if other people who had this happen also used the exploit.
---
PSN: sjulu7
#6JoRo1986Posted 10/1/2012 10:36:46 AM
evenflow80 posted...

This is BS. Why did they make it so damn difficult and with little explanation? This will be the third straight time me and my wife will start over to try and keep everything.

There's no way I can copy my level 13 character to a second profile rather than start all over??

Actually, you can copy your character over to another profile. You'll just have to start fresh on your skins and BA rank and all that for a new profile on the PS3 and profile save to go with it.
---
:)
PSN: JoRo1986
#7evenflow80(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 10:41:13 AM
JoRo1986 posted...
evenflow80 posted...

Actually, you can copy your character over to another profile. You'll just have to start fresh on your skins and BA rank and all that for a new profile on the PS3 and profile save to go with it.

Really man? So my character level weapons mission progress etc will carry over and from that point on my badass ranks and bonuses and skins and everything else will be saved?

How do I copy my character to profile #2?

If you can save me and wife from starting over for 3rd time that would be awesome!!
---