Side Quests to Save on TVHM (List Inside)

#1KushuPosted 10/2/2012 9:00:58 PM
Alright, I've been going through the videos to remind myself of the rewards for quests. It's been an arduous process. But what I have compiled here is a list of unique side-quest rewards. In theory, players who are interested in unique rewards might wish to not accept these quests until they clear TVHM and enter PT2.5. That way the quest reward is scaled to maximum level. Or, if you anticipate DLC, you might not even do these quests until then. It's your call, relaly.

What follows are almost exclusively Red-Text rewards. I didn't bother even writing down rewards for most of the quests. Only the ones which struck me as valuable in some way. There are quests NOT on this list which will give blue rewards, but because they're blue guns without red text, I didn't feel they were worth mentioning. If it's a weapon and it's on this list, it is Red Text even if I only say the gun type.

I hope I've covered everything.
The Quests are not necessarily in a particular order, as I was comparing 2 different quest listings. One from ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/ and one from http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Borderlands_2

I hope this helps some people.

Medical Mystery: XCOM-Municate -- Possible E-Tech Gun?
Positive Self Image -- Vehicle Booster Relic. No Red Text. Still maybe rare.
Out of Body Experience -- Talking Shotgun
Splinter Group -- Shotgun. "Don't Retreat, instead reload!"
Cult Following: The Enkindling -- Shield of the Firehawk
Cordially Invited/Tea Party -- Corrosive Teapot
Pretty Good Train Robbery -- Grenade. "Make it Rain"
Won't Get Fooled Again -- Law?
Slap Happy -- Shotgun. "Octo means 9"
Arms Dealing -- One reward is a blue relic. Not unique. Maybe useful.
Safe and Sound -- Shotgun or Unique Relic.
Overlooked: Only a Test: Purple Shield. "What do you mean Theoretically"
Clan War: End of the Rainbow: Shotgun "Good things kill in threes"
Clan War: Wakey Wakey -- Unique Pistol or Shield.
Clan War: Zafords v Hodunks -- SMG or Shotgun.
Bandit Slaughter Round 5 -- AR "What plaything can you offer me today?"
The Bane -- The Bane
BFFs -- Order (Unique Shield)
Chosen One -- Evil Smasher Assault Rifle.
Doctor's Orders -- Blue Relic?
Home Movies -- 2 blue relics to choose from
Rakkaholic's Anonymous -- Sniper or Pistol
Animal rights -- Sniper "I infrequently perish"
Hell Hath No Fury -- Grenade "It takes two to get one in trouble"
Note for Self Person -- Launcher "Toasty"
Best Mother's Day Ever -- Purple Shield. Roid. VERY LONG delay
Bearer of Bad News -- AR
Lost Treasure -- Lists as Green Pistol. Possibly Red Text?
You. Will. Die. (Seriously.) -- Inconclusive. Possibly irrelevant.
Uncle Teddy -- Pistol or Shotgun
Hungry Like the Skag -- AR "Oh sorry. Was that your head?"
Hyperion Slaughter 5 -- Sniper
A Real Boy: Human -- Lying Pistol
Showdown -- Red Text Relic. +Shotgun Damage, Reload and FFYL. Uncertain if it scales.
Hyperion Contract 873 -- Talking Sniper
Demon Hunter -- Red Text Ironsight Sniper.
The Good, The Bad and the Mordecai -- Uncertain.
#2Ajc6412Posted 10/2/2012 10:29:38 PM
Can u do them in 2.5 if u accept but not start the quest
#3KiThirstyPosted 10/2/2012 10:39:02 PM(edited)
Here is another list of quest rewards (below the Legendary boss drop list), in case you want to cross reference with yours.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150790

And a list of red text bonuses, in case you are not sure what some of the reward items actually do.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Weapon_Effects_Borderlands_2

edit:

Ajc6412 posted...
Can u do them in 2.5 if u accept but not start the quest

If you accept the quest, then it will not scale to level 50 after you level up and start playthrough 2.5.
#4Kushu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 6:45:05 AM
KiThirsty posted...
Here is another list of quest rewards (below the Legendary boss drop list), in case you want to cross reference with yours.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150790

I cross referenced the lists. Theirs seems to have a quest that appeared in neither of my quest lists or even necessarily in my memory. "Family Fued: Duelling Banjos and Fiddles" Also, Slaughter Dome 5.
Beyond that, though. ...Aww. Someone else already did all the work.
#5Solid_BelmontPosted 10/3/2012 10:53:55 AM
Quick question, how do the quests carry over onto subsequent playthroughs??

I got the game just a few days ago and was doing all the side quests I found along the line but I had no idea the rewards level up accordingly making it worthwhile not ot take on side quests at lower levels.
So my concern is if you start TVHM do all the quest reset or do the quest you have already cleared become unavailable??
If they don't rest I screwed myself royally XD
---
Stop reading my signature and go make your own.
#6KiThirstyPosted 10/3/2012 11:10:39 AM
Solid_Belmont posted...
Quick question, how do the quests carry over onto subsequent playthroughs??

I got the game just a few days ago and was doing all the side quests I found along the line but I had no idea the rewards level up accordingly making it worthwhile not ot take on side quests at lower levels.
So my concern is if you start TVHM do all the quest reset or do the quest you have already cleared become unavailable??
If they don't rest I screwed myself royally XD

On playthrough 1 you should do all the sidequests. It doesn't matter when, you just want to level up as much as you can. On playthrough 2 (TVHM), many of the sidequests you will want to save until after you have beaten the main storyline. After beating the main storyline on playthrough 2, the game scales sidequests and enemies for a level 50 character. People call this scaling playthrough 2.5. It is still TVHM, so all the sidequests will still be there if you don't pick them up during playthrough 2, but you do not get them again if you did already did them on playthrough 2.
#7Solid_BelmontPosted 10/3/2012 11:45:31 AM
KiThirsty posted...
On playthrough 1 you should do all the sidequests. It doesn't matter when, you just want to level up as much as you can. On playthrough 2 (TVHM), many of the sidequests you will want to save until after you have beaten the main storyline. After beating the main storyline on playthrough 2, the game scales sidequests and enemies for a level 50 character. People call this scaling playthrough 2.5. It is still TVHM, so all the sidequests will still be there if you don't pick them up during playthrough 2, but you do not get them again if you did already did them on playthrough 2.

Whew,that's a load of my mind,thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering two other things, are certain side quests missable or become unavailable as you progress the story??

Also on a different note, I've only been playing one character up until now so if I were to create a new one would it he get a separate game file with a story fresh from the start or does he become available in my current playthrough?? I haven't tried it out for myself as I am unaware how the mechanics work so I didn't want to risk any undesirable side effects like perhaps overwriting the current story progress or something.

Thanks again for the feedback.
---
Stop reading my signature and go make your own.
#8Kushu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 12:22:16 PM
Solid_Belmont posted...

Also on a different note, I've only been playing one character up until now so if I were to create a new one would it he get a separate game file with a story fresh from the start or does he become available in my current playthrough?? I haven't tried it out for myself as I am unaware how the mechanics work so I didn't want to risk any undesirable side effects like perhaps overwriting the current story progress or something.

Thanks again for the feedback.

It will start on your profile. It will have your badass rank and bonuses and golden keys (which are shared across all characters)
But it will start it's own copy of story mode. Playing Sal for 5 hours, saving, quitting, taking a shower, then coming back and playing Maya for 3 hours should have no adverse effects. Each character is tracked separately through their storyline progress (although they see the same story)
#9KiThirstyPosted 10/3/2012 12:48:50 PM
Solid_Belmont posted...
Whew,that's a load of my mind,thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering two other things, are certain side quests missable or become unavailable as you progress the story??

Some side quests will become blocked at points in the story when NPCs related to the quests are unavailable, but they will eventually unlock again.