moxxi slot machine worth my money?

#11Chamberlain51Posted 10/3/2012 12:19:06 PM
RocketZXblue posted...
so yeah I spent like 30,000 on the slots at moxxis i'm about lv20 now and it didn't give me anything useful aside from like 5 eridium and 2 customization parts.
oh and how is the cost determined? by level or quest progress?

Yes, it's totally worth it!

Three vault symbols = random orange loot.

Three marcus heads = purple loot

Three moxxi legs = Blue loot with a chance to be purple.
#12Breakdown2k6Posted 10/3/2012 12:33:35 PM
It is worth it because you technically do not have to lose much money playing. Just put in about 30k-100k and if you do not get anything exit the game into the ps3 menu without saving and start over.

Only bad thing is, it is very time consuming and the odds to hit 3 Vault symbols and Marcus heads is like .15% or even less. I have put in like at least a million and have only hit Vault sign and Marcus once each.

That being said, Slots are best for levels 1-25, because they are cheap and you actually get a usable weapon out of it. Slots are also great for collecting fast Eridium.
#13M4nnimalPosted 10/3/2012 12:47:57 PM
I love the slots. I won the jackpot near the beginning of the game and got a level 15 Juicy Flakker, but that's about as much as I've ever won, haha. I do it more to even out my money tbh.
---
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance"
#14JLaw619Posted 10/3/2012 1:15:05 PM
Poundx2 posted...
Optional_Karl posted...
I think it's level based.

To be honest, i don't get anything decent from it, i'm just hooked. i think the best think i've got is a Jakobs Sniper rifle with decent damage, and a high ROF for a jakobs.

It's not. It's story progression based. It drops better loot the further you are into the main story. It also gets more expensive, so you'll know when you go back to it that it has upgraded when it is no longer like $300 to play but like $500.

Or over 11,000 later on ... But what are you going to do w/ the money ? Buy a gun that isn't worth it when you'll get better stuff later.... If you die your going to lose some of it anyway think its like 9% of Cash on hand everytime you Reeeeee-spwannnnn ( Hyperion Thanks You )
#15Chamberlain51Posted 10/3/2012 1:30:20 PM
Breakdown2k6 posted...
It is worth it because you technically do not have to lose much money playing. Just put in about 30k-100k and if you do not get anything exit the game into the ps3 menu without saving and start over.

Only bad thing is, it is very time consuming and the odds to hit 3 Vault symbols and Marcus heads is like .15% or even less. I have put in like at least a million and have only hit Vault sign and Marcus once each.

That being said, Slots are best for levels 1-25, because they are cheap and you actually get a usable weapon out of it. Slots are also great for collecting fast Eridium.

Just fyi, diong the quit thing you described there can cause your save file to get corrupted.
#16Old_SodPosted 10/3/2012 1:38:03 PM
At higher levels, money isn't an issue and has far less uses:

-Use in trading
-Tip Moxxi for guns
-Slots
-Buy ammo
-Buy the rare shop item worth your money
-Achievements

Honestly, I just spend spare money on slots for fun (3 Horns so far - 1 Orange Skullmasher & two separate 3 stack Eridium rolls), and sometimes on Moxxi to see if I can get a better version of her SMG.

You also don't really need much Eridium as well.....so I'll just invite lower level buddies into my game and run slots for about 400-500k. This normally gets them a decent amount of money and Eridium, and some weapons they can sell off for more money.

In short, it's a good way to get rid of money for fun and possibly for friends also.
---
Playing: Borderlands 2 (PC), TF2 (PC), UMvC3 (XBL)
GT/Steam: Fugawhuz | BT: Fugawhuz#1992
#17RobotPirteGhostPosted 10/3/2012 1:42:59 PM
I find the slot machine to be quite addictive. I've gotten quite a few useful weapons, including a Corrosive Bandit gatling gun which is currently in my quick select.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#18TroutfischPosted 10/3/2012 1:55:58 PM
My friend and I can't end a session or a trip to Sanctuary without playing slots, it's addicting just like real life!
---
PSN: Troutfisch
#19kriptoblightPosted 10/3/2012 2:15:08 PM
spent quite a bit myself. only level 25 atm, but have hit all the different reals. got the infinity gun from triple borderlands in the tavern, not at moxxxis.
#20ADR LaveyPosted 10/3/2012 3:18:16 PM
I always spend all my money on slots. I'm on level 36 and I'm fighting enemies two levels ahead of me and dying a lot. I'd rather spend it all on slots rather than lose it from spawning once every 2-3 minutes.