homosexuality in BL2?

#1soulegion08Posted 10/3/2012 3:03:13 PM
Been meaning to ask this for some time but there are a few segments, 4 from what i can remember where characters have made statements about being in a relationship with other figures. Now note that I have nothing against this but im just kind confused if its a form of speech or the dialogue is wrong or something.

Im hoping this doesnt turn into some debate or something I just want to understand better. here are the segments.

1.Sir Hammerlock talking about an old boyfriend, could be a term of affection staring that he was male and also his friend. I think this was during the quest where you had to collect some information he was going to plagiarize.

2."What's yours is Mine" quest. the hyperion guy made a crude joke about the bandits having sex with females or each other, probably just being an ass.

3. The Wildlife Preservation test subject. Jack keeps forcing that particular doctor to perform tests on a male with the skull shivers. Another individual in the echo recording pleads that they should not go through with it because his husband has the skull shivers and will die or spread the infection further. They were both male.

4. In the same echo recording as 3, Jack threatens to kill the doctor performing the experiment's wife. The doctor who is also female is in shock and proceeds with the experiment for fear of what Jack would do to her wife.

Has anyone else noticed these discrepancies or am I just looking too much into it? once again I dont mean to offend anyone, I simply wish to understand.
---
PSN:SSoul0
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#2lubmelubyouPosted 10/3/2012 3:05:26 PM
I see nothing wrong with this.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#3soulegion08(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:07:28 PM
lubmelubyou posted...
I see nothing wrong with this.

could you be more specific? as in nothing wrong with me posting this topic or nothing wrong with the subject in nature?
---
AC2:B, LittleBigPlanet 2, Uncharted 1+2, Crysis2, MAG, Vanquish, Folklore,MGS4, NSUNS2 *My PS3 titles*
#4zyrax2301Posted 10/3/2012 3:08:13 PM
I'm pretty sure they're all intentional. At first I thought Hammerlock referring to an old boyfriend was just some kind of gentlemanly/polite jargon, but then I heard the others and figured that they definitely wanted to have some sort of gay presence on Pandora. A male voice actor referring to his husband is something that stands out. If that was unintentional, someone must have kept that sound clip pretty well hidden from QA.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5_Deadeye_CM_Posted 10/3/2012 3:08:40 PM
Sir Hammerlock also referred to his boyfriend doing something 'adorably', so there's no discrepancy there.

Yes, you are correct. Pandorans can be homosexual. What's the point of this thread? What don't you understand?
#6NHZ1337Posted 10/3/2012 3:09:47 PM
lets say its yes to all 4 things? Seems like it? Sooooo..... What?

How old you? Are you too young for this subject matter? Do you feel offended?
#7soulegion08(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:15:28 PM
NHZ1337 posted...
lets say its yes to all 4 things? Seems like it? Sooooo..... What?

How old you? Are you too young for this subject matter? Do you feel offended?

I dont feel offended, I simply wanted confirmation that I wasnt the only one to catch this. I thought of the possibility of of error so i had to confirm my findings.

and no I am not too young for this subject matter.
---
#8HTOWNPosted 10/3/2012 4:22:06 PM
Tiny Tina is 13 and makes sexual references about two female twin bunnies and scooter potentially has an incestuous crush on his sister and you're worried about hammerlock? Lol...
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, NHL 13
PSN ID: EddieTemper
#9NHZ1337Posted 10/3/2012 4:41:54 PM
HTOWN posted...
Tiny Tina is 13 and makes sexual references about two female twin bunnies and scooter potentially has an incestuous crush on his sister and you're worried about hammerlock? Lol...

ThisX100....

TC you didnt catch anything... i think your just paying attetion. But Your sounding like.... one of those people.

The kind of person who goes to a house party and sees a black dude/gurl.... and is like "Theres Black People Here"..... good or bad... just not right.
#10craze_geckkoPosted 10/3/2012 4:50:05 PM
you guys are all getting butt hurt over this topic? apparantly you cant ask a question about homosexuality without being a homophobe right?

the guy wanted to know if the homosexuality was intended in the game or it was an accident in the dialouge.

ignorant people these days...