The way they hold back with language is pretty disappointing. Yay for censorshp?

#11SSj7CloudSPosted 10/4/2012 7:04:06 PM
Hearing Angel swear would be really stupid. She tends to carry herself as a more proper lady, so yeah...the swearing would be completely pointless. Neverminding the fact a game doesn't have to have swearing to get it's points across anyway, did Mordecai really need to swear to show he was that angry? No, it was pretty obvious, you don't need swearing to show it, anyone who thinks you do is really sad and needs to expand their vocabulary beyond ten words. The only thing really toned down at all was the gore and I'm sorry, but who in the flying **** cares? It was a bit over the top in the first game anyway, but honestly does it take away that much from the gameplay? From finding loot? Getting on multiplayer with friends or with people here? If it's ruining anything for you at all, then that's really sad.
---
Playing: Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) Grandia II (PS2) HDNeptunia Mk II(PS3)
#12POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:04:28 PM
strideur posted...
I don't think making the language worse would make the game any better, but the deaths are definitely less satisfying.

I actually agree with this but making leaving the lines in there that did include altered curse words is worse than having an abundance of cursing. The lines I'm talking about generally would've been pretty bad if they'd been how they were orignally, they're just a bit worse with the changes...
#13__Infernox__Posted 10/4/2012 7:04:28 PM
POOKISTAN posted...
__Infernox__ posted...
This is the stupidest rant i've ever seen.

Also, there's a reason why Angel censors herself.

Then why does it appear elsewhere?

I wouldn't really call "Screw you!" over "**** you!" censoring anything. Sure, i'm surprised they didn't have harsher language (not as much as you apparently) in this game, but I don't think it has anything to do with making the game 'more appropriate' or something similar.
---
Style and finesse.
http://www.youtube.com/theinfamousinfernox
#14CervosiPosted 10/4/2012 7:04:50 PM
Angel willingly censors herself, like a kid who's afraid of swearing.

God......Dang.

The rest is, well, what is this, DmC?

**** YOU

**** YOU
---
Bluh bluh.
#15lMeRCiLeSSlPosted 10/4/2012 7:07:23 PM
First... Angel isn't allowed to cuss per Handsome Jack... And the only part I felt was even remotely censored was at the end when they bleep out Claptraps curse's (on purpose I presume), which was pretty funny to me.
---
PSN: lmercilessl
#16POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:07:55 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Hearing Angel swear would be really stupid. She tends to carry herself as a more proper lady, so yeah...the swearing would be completely pointless. Neverminding the fact a game doesn't have to have swearing to get it's points across anyway, did Mordecai really need to swear to show he was that angry? No, it was pretty obvious, you don't need swearing to show it, anyone who thinks you do is really sad and needs to expand their vocabulary beyond ten words. The only thing really toned down at all was the gore and I'm sorry, but who in the flying **** cares? It was a bit over the top in the first game anyway, but honestly does it take away that much from the gameplay? From finding loot? Getting on multiplayer with friends or with people here? If it's ruining anything for you at all, then that's really sad.

So, she's that much of a "good girl" that she corrects herself for saying "crap". I'm sorry, but I give the writers of this game more credit than to make a decision like that - A majority of what's said is exactly as intended but the few lines that aren't are pretty cringe-worthy...
#17__Infernox__Posted 10/4/2012 7:09:57 PM
lMeRCiLeSSl posted...
First... Angel isn't allowed to cuss per Handsome Jack... And the only part I felt was even remotely censored was at the end when they bleep out Claptraps curse's (on purpose I presume), which was pretty funny to me.

Considering he says a word that's already been used multiple times in the game minus the censoring, i'm assuming it's part of his programming. I'm pretty sure he's also censored in that one quest with the furnaces, and a few times in the first game.
---
Style and finesse.
http://www.youtube.com/theinfamousinfernox
#18LegendOfTheRagePosted 10/4/2012 7:10:08 PM
There was enough swearing as is. Cussing doesn't make the game more mature. Go play lollipop chainsaw, at first with the rediculous over the top gameplay all the cussing was funny, but after 10 minutes it quickly makes it look desperate and just trying to hard
#19POOKISTAN(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 7:12:52 PM
Well I gotta' go to pizza hut so I can't continue to actively defend my point of view (not like there's much point since anything negative said about this game no matter how justified it is is gonna' be met with this kinda' response), so post whatever you want. I think I've posted what I need to make a case for my claim.

Again, the irony here is the original writers if they saw this thread would prolly give me a telekenetic bro-fist even though they would never say it themselves in any public arena 'cuz they're gonna' want to be enlisted for Borderlands 3. But believe what you will - It's painfully obvious and that's part of the problem...
#20CervosiPosted 10/4/2012 7:13:03 PM
or look at DmC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5f-jm-O44
---
Bluh bluh.