FYI, Willow Tree 2 is in the works

#11pegasusmagic001Posted 10/4/2012 7:04:10 PM
Will this break online?
---
PSN: Pegs001, Pokemon Soul Silver - JR, 2536-5834-1053
Win - 53, Losses - 23
#12LesserAngelPosted 10/4/2012 7:14:05 PM
I loved making powerful (but not OHK) weapons with it, plus, class mods.
#13jqh97116Posted 10/4/2012 7:16:41 PM
MrRandyRhoads posted...
Please show me one example of a legit BL1 gun/shield that is even remotely close to some of the modded examples that Willow Tree brought into existence.

I'm not here to argue, only to pass along information. When WT2 hits, the gear will be ridiculous. You can't deny that. Perhaps me comparing Windows being hacked was a poor example.

Why do you want to be even more OP? Doesn't make sense to me. I find this game too easy with The Bee equipped + any legendary weapon on play through 2.5.
---
Insert Witty Signature Here.
PSN: joe_mgs
#14blacksniperPosted 10/4/2012 7:22:11 PM
PFirefly posted...
MrRandyRhoads posted...
PFirefly posted...
__Infernox__ posted...
Interested only for bank and backpack slots. I just hope instant kill guns and infinite shields don't start surfacing for a while.

Pretty sure GB planned ahead and made it so only legit items can exist in the game.

Pretty sure Microsoft planned ahead and made it so that windows couldn't be hacked, too.

You do understand the concept of reverse engineering, right?

You do have a concept of what GB did in BL1 right? Editing save files doesn't have anything to do with getting non-legit weapons in the game. BL1 was patched so only legit weapons could exist, so it stands to reason that they would have anticipated the eventuality of save editing and preprogrammed that limitation in.

BTW no need to be snotty. It looks especially stupid when you end up being wrong about the subject matter.

The hilarious part about your post is that you are utterly wrong about there only being legit items getting hacked into BL1. There is a thing called Scorpio modding that allows for guns that deal billions of damage and shield with just as much capacity. In a nutshell the guns main ID was that of the soldiers Scorpio turret and the parts of the gun were just default placeholders... suffice to say that no way in hell does the soldiers TURRET naturally occur as a weapon that drops somewhere in the game.

On topic Willowtree was a fun little program to allow players to see what kind of items exist without having to bother trading or spending weeks farming, but its also just as easily used to hack guns that break online... honestly I hope that only the pc and 360 versions have this exploit and that GB had at least the basic f***ing sense to encrypt the save file on the ps3 this time around.
---
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. - Calvin & Hobbes
#15junta2236Posted 10/4/2012 7:22:17 PM
jqh97116 posted...
MrRandyRhoads posted...
Please show me one example of a legit BL1 gun/shield that is even remotely close to some of the modded examples that Willow Tree brought into existence.

I'm not here to argue, only to pass along information. When WT2 hits, the gear will be ridiculous. You can't deny that. Perhaps me comparing Windows being hacked was a poor example.

Why do you want to be even more OP? Doesn't make sense to me. I find this game too easy with The Bee equipped + any legendary weapon on play through 2.5.

honestly, only scrubs with no skill needs to hack and mod a game. It also makes the game pointless to play because the game itself is about grinding and farming for loot. I only see higher backpack and bank useful but thats what the expansions are for.
---
---
PSN: JuntaD
#16the_requiemPosted 10/4/2012 7:50:48 PM
Relax, PS3 save file is encrypted this time. WT2 will end up being more of a PC tool than all platform tool it was last time.
---
[PSN:wreck_em]
Borderlands 2: Maya-10, Zero-18, Axton-4, Sal-3
#17cheater87Posted 10/4/2012 7:54:01 PM
Yay packpack spaces.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/28vabva.png http://i55.tinypic.com/v5j335.png
#18Jango250Posted 10/4/2012 8:17:40 PM
Even if Willow Tree 2 lets people mod BL2 just as much as BL1, who cares. Play with friends only, or just stop joining random peoples rooms. Let others do what they want, and just make your own room and kick anyone who uses modded equipment.
#19MrRandyRhoads(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 8:45:51 AM
the_requiem posted...
Relax, PS3 save file is encrypted this time. WT2 will end up being more of a PC tool than all platform tool it was last time.

I love how people seem to think that because something is encrypted, that it is safe from tampering. Once the encryption algorithm is found, the floodgates will open.

Anything digital can NEVER be 100% safe from tampering.
---
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds