Easy Conference Call and Orange weapon farming!!!

#1Lama_SpitPosted 10/5/2012 6:46:56 PM(edited)
For those of you tired of farming warrior over and over again for that OP conference call any other orange with no results, I have good news. There's a very simple widely know method to farming him with a 75% rate of dropping oranges, unlike the other method this requires no USB flashdrive or copy and saving. Just follow the simple steps below and you'll be on your way to getting CC in or any other desired orange in no time!!

1. Get two ps3 remotes and make sure you have a character that' hasn't killed Warrior for the first time and is on the last mission(Talon of God)
2. Kill the Warrior, by doing so you get a 75% chance of him dropping a orange, but get it only once so make sure you don't mess up.
3. Use the moonshot to finish the Warrior off and pick up any desired loot, now here's when your gonna need the second remote. Give all the desired loot to the second player.
4. Now quit the game from the dashboard and not through the game itself.
5. Rinse and repeat above steps and once your done give all the desired loot you gave to the second player to whomever your main is.

Warning: It is crucial that you don't finish off jack of use the vault key as that seems to save the game giving you no chance to fight the quest version of the warrior again. Happy hunting and get them oranges!!!
#2Demiurge00Posted 10/7/2012 3:59:24 AM
anybody know if this is true? would it work if you had a character with the quest on tvhm or only on the first trip through?
#3prinsen12Posted 10/7/2012 4:24:02 AM
It works both times
#4Graza79Posted 10/8/2012 8:13:49 AM
Are you really sure the warrior has a higher orange drop rate the first time you kill it? Done this 12 times tonight without a single orange drop...

Maybe the drop rate is the normal 5% or so? Playing on normal if that makes any difference.
#5Orson1984Posted 10/8/2012 8:20:26 AM
I would almost agrre with this since
my 2nd warrior kil (was 2nd playthrough) Drop impaler
joined freinds game during story a Eletric longbow leech drops
Most of the time I farmed normally he would rarely drop anything.

But I would have 2 try this out, to test it
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4Nxhss-3c
#6DelusioNzorszorPosted 10/8/2012 8:25:10 AM
Graza79 posted...
Are you really sure the warrior has a higher orange drop rate the first time you kill it? Done this 12 times tonight without a single orange drop...

Maybe the drop rate is the normal 5% or so? Playing on normal if that makes any difference.

While not 100% tested, I just recently played through Warrior twice in one day , for the first time, on two separate characters.

He dropped an orange both times.

Monstrous Volcano and Flakker

So I'd say an increased percentage for the first time killing him seems legit.
#7Graza79Posted 10/8/2012 8:32:44 AM
Ah well. Will try again tomorrow and post results. 14 times now and nothing. Accidently fell into the lava and got trapped trying to crawl through the warriors body searching for any oranges. The game saved so will have to revert to an earlier backup save lol