Playing online becomes a race for loot. A selfish, greedy, race for loot.

#1GreenKnight127Posted 10/8/2012 8:30:12 AM
Oh, sweet sweet loot.

Sorry to make such a whiny thread, but hot damn is it true.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love playing online.......and even if it's with people you know.......in the heat of battle, we can't all be stopping to negotiate over our mics who gets what.

That slows things down to a stand-still.

"Hey Kevin! KEVIN! You there! Turn your mic on! I just got this really really really good shotgun, do you want it? Kevin! Wait, I just grabbed a new shield! Does anyone want it!? What do you want to trade for it! Do you have a level 45 shield that does Nova damage? Anyone!?"

LOL

No, people never do that. Especially in the heat of battle. And if they did, while kind of them, it would basically turn the game from a shooter into a board game.

So I'll be playing with people......and, without a doubt, what they always do.....is SPRINT towards the treasure chests. Even if it's miles ahead of the objective, they want to get there before anyone else does. Like their life depends on it. Leaving us all in the dust so they can grab the good loot.

And I'll kill a BA loader............and he will explode into delicious loot.......and even though my teammates were all staying back, just watching me.....the moment that BA loader dies...........they swoop in like hawks for the dead remains. I get nothing. And I'm pretty sure I sure multiple blue and purple weapons..........weapons I deserved. Whatever....moving on.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud in the prison level, when you need to hit the switches to open the cell doors and free Roland. I released every switch except the one to the treasure chest. And all THREE allies were standing next to the door, walking in circles, waiting for me to open it. So they could swoop in and grab it before me.

So I didn't open the door.

They waited by that door for 5 minutes, probably sending angry PSN messages to each other, trying to narrow down the poor chap who will open the door while the others get the loot.

This game really brings out the worst in people. I find that fascinating. I should write a psychology paper on it.
#2FishInMyPantsPosted 10/8/2012 8:42:03 AM
I read your post and instantly thought about this article...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-borderlands-2-remorseless-addiction-machine/

But, yeah... BL2 turns people into dicks. If you can, play split screen. That way, you can always resort to real, physical violence if another player ninjas your loot. :)
---
"And in this land, the Undead are corralled and led to the north, where they are locked away, to await the end of the world."
#3HollowLegendPosted 10/8/2012 8:43:48 AM
not everyone is like that, granted many people are, but me, i just like to play, other people can have the loot, i have plenty of time to play by myself to get legendaries or e-techs or what i want.

loot doesn't matter to me, it's more about the game to me, besides i've already farmed for what i really need to play with the big boys.

besides im the kind of person that if someone asks to get plvl'd or they need help with a boss, im right there. im the helpful person not the selfish, "do it yourself like i did!!" kind of person :P
#4Godly_GoofPosted 10/8/2012 8:44:34 AM
Ya some people are a-holes. Personally every time a legend drops for me when I'm playing co-op though I only ever play with myself and 1 other person I always grab all the legendaries and then ask if they need them after the whatever via trade.

I may look like a ninja looter but frankly I'm the only one I trust not to be a total ninjaing a-hole online lol.
---
Dear Superbot, There is this new thing called RPGs and JRPGs that make up about 70% of the PS roster. In the future put them in your damn games :/
#5EVE6 FANPosted 10/8/2012 8:45:29 AM
Yeah, its incredibly annoying.

They dont even look at anything, they just run up and pick up everything as fast as they can.
#6HappyFrisbeesPosted 10/8/2012 8:45:47 AM
I don't like playing Borderlands split-screen because of screen peakers.
#7TheRazgrizDemonPosted 10/8/2012 8:47:39 AM
Not had chance to try online but i kinda guessed it would be like that from Day 1. It's just how randoms work.

When I finish the stroy once I'll be going online and take a "no mercy" approach, but I will drop anything I don't want.

Unless I am gaming with people I know, then like stated before, you can't trust anyone else to not be a total ****. Shame really :/
---
PSN = RazgrizDemons [WTF]
Oppan G-faqnam Style
#8AlexichuPosted 10/8/2012 8:50:28 AM
Never experienced Ninja looters online myself and I nearly always play with randoms. I've even had the experience of a guy running past the loot to revive me and when a chest was opened my and the host were looking at the shields, he took 3 of the 4 leaving the best one for me to use so not all people online are dicks
---
PSN: Sonic_1985
Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister
#9VanshingWorldsPosted 10/8/2012 8:50:56 AM
Splitscreen, I play with my wife. First to it grabs it, and we figure out whats worth keeping and what gets turned into dollar signs when we get back to Sanctuary. No bickering, thank god for a good relationship.

Online? I don't even bother with loot. I ill things for the joy of it, and if the game runner wants to share/dupe something awesome, swell. Farm runs should have loot divided ahead of time, and if I'm helping someone else than the loot probably isn't worth it anyway.
---
---
Everything I've gained in my life... I'm giving to you!
#10TheRazgrizDemonPosted 10/8/2012 8:54:16 AM
Alexichu posted...
Never experienced Ninja looters online myself and I nearly always play with randoms. I've even had the experience of a guy running past the loot to revive me and when a chest was opened my and the host were looking at the shields, he took 3 of the 4 leaving the best one for me to use so not all people online are dicks

You can say dicks without getting censored?

Awesome. now I can quote Jack when he goes "Dicks, I was talking about dicks"

XD
---
PSN = RazgrizDemons [WTF]
Oppan G-faqnam Style