The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is it even possible to beat W4R-D3N solo?

#1beumont_suitePosted 10/9/2012 4:42:13 PM
I'm playing as Commando, presently level 10. I failed to beat him the first time the opportunity presented itself. Now he's moved to a new location (forgot the name of the place) and it doesn't seem possible to beat him solo. As soon as he's engaged he calls in craploads of reinforcements that surround me, firing rockets and elemental weapons. Before i know it i'm down for the count.

Is there a trick to this? I can't keep enough ammo in stock to defeat the robots that surround me, and chip away at the boss. There's no angle that's safe. I would try co-op online, but i don't want to risk having to start the entire mission over.

I'm thinking of just abandoning the main story missions for awhile and doing side quests until i level up a lot more.

Any advice?
#2Godly_GoofPosted 10/9/2012 4:43:44 PM
It's possible but man does it suck.
---
Dear Superbot, There is this new thing called RPGs and JRPGs that make up about 70% of the PS roster. In the future put them in your damn games :/
#3notedeathPosted 10/9/2012 4:44:34 PM
beumont_suite posted...

I'm thinking of just abandoning the main story missions for awhile and doing side quests until i level up a lot more.

There's your advice.
---
GameFAQ's logic: Not answering someone's question directly = being a jerk.
#4blade_7124Posted 10/9/2012 4:44:56 PM
you're level 10, that's why.
---
Bow ties are cool
#5beumont_suite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:46:56 PM
So, in other words, i'm not really meant to be able to do this right now. Makes total sense.
#6KeyeszxPosted 10/9/2012 4:47:46 PM
He's actually really easy. Just have corrosive handy and shock for the shields. The first time you meet him is super hard to kill but it can be done which you feel like a total badass if you do it.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#7Boutchie23Posted 10/9/2012 4:50:22 PM
Remind me, who is w4r-d3n?
---
PSN | Mandein
#8blade_7124Posted 10/9/2012 4:51:06 PM
I had no idea he would move if you didn't beat him. I just looked it up because I was confused by the original post. Interesting.
---
Bow ties are cool
#9beumont_suite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:51:26 PM
Boutchie23 posted...
Remind me, who is w4r-d3n?

He's the boss that's holding Roland hostage in the quest "A dam fine rescue".
#10beumont_suite(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 4:58:45 PM(edited)
blade_7124 posted...
I had no idea he would move if you didn't beat him. I just looked it up because I was confused by the original post. Interesting.

Yeah, he warps to this area by Ellie's garage. It's like a little enclosed city. Looking back,the first time now seems manageable (i didn't know you had to shoot the eye of the boss, when they were yelling at me to shoot out the legs). Now it's almost impossible.