DeathTrap is useless against end game bosses

#1velvet_hammerPosted 10/9/2012 7:49:53 PM
Verm, Terra, Warrior, Bunker, DT is a complete waste.. in some builds waste of 25+ skill points.. All he does is sit there waiting to use buck up, he refuses to do anything else, even his other attacks I got him.. Bosses act like hes invisible, he does NOT draw aggro anything like the turret.. I have yet to have terra attack him, and only once seen him attack tera himself.. Extremely disappointing

Not trying to be a debby downer but theres something seriously wrong with his AI coding against end game bosses..
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#2gna647Posted 10/9/2012 7:52:27 PM
you can use it to distract other enemies during boss fights.

while you focus your firepower on the boss
---
http://i.imgur.com/dZnyH.png http://i.imgur.com/e9OCH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RnA9A.gif http://i.imgur.com/LvJeR.png
#3HollowLegendPosted 10/9/2012 7:54:56 PM
well mate, i don't know why you are having such trouble, but my DeathTrap is putting the beatdown on Terra and The Warrior everytime i go to fight them, and with how much health he has, he can take quite a few hits, so far as i've counted he has taken 5 straight smacks from Terra before dying, and so far he has yet to die before i killed The Warrior.

i will put up my build shortly im not sure if that has anything to do with it but still :D.

Hope you get it figured out mate, Gaige is a GREAT character so far, i love her!
---
PSN: HollowLegend
#4velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 7:56:02 PM
HollowLegend posted...
well mate, i don't know why you are having such trouble, but my DeathTrap is putting the beatdown on Terra and The Warrior everytime i go to fight them, and with how much health he has, he can take quite a few hits, so far as i've counted he has taken 5 straight smacks from Terra before dying, and so far he has yet to die before i killed The Warrior.

i will put up my build shortly im not sure if that has anything to do with it but still :D.

Hope you get it figured out mate, Gaige is a GREAT character so far, i love her!

I'm calling bs as me and a buddy are both 50 and have been farming bosses all night.. neither of us have had him attack or get attacked
---
#5jonny41177Posted 10/9/2012 8:07:45 PM
Here an idea.... be thankful we got her in under 30 days after release and quit being a baby over the petty stuff like DT is useless against bosses cmon if your 50 with good gear why you even need it then
#6velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:09:23 PM
jonny41177 posted...
Here an idea.... be thankful we got her in under 30 days after release and quit being a baby over the petty stuff like DT is useless against bosses cmon if your 50 with good gear why you even need it then

having an action skill and half my skill points useless against end game is pathetic game balance and probably unintentional
---
#7yarouPosted 10/9/2012 8:14:28 PM(edited)
velvet_hammer posted...
HollowLegend posted...

I'm calling bs as me and a buddy are both 50 and have been farming bosses all night.. neither of us have had him attack or get attacked

Perhaps different builds give him different A.I.?
I mean it changes his looks depending on what skills he gets, maybe it changes how he reacts to specific enemies and how enemies react to him.

Could try to respec and try a different build, I know its unlikely, but its all I can think of.
I know its not the best solution, but still...
#8KushuPosted 10/9/2012 8:11:50 PM
Mine fights the warrior just fine.
#9velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 8:15:09 PM
hmmm, wish I had a recorder.. I even tried logging in and out.. different builds these 4 different bosses.. same thing every time.. well i really hope hes working as well as you guys say, and maybe mines just glitched or something
---
#10Gen2000Posted 10/9/2012 8:28:31 PM
Just did the Wilhelm fight and DeathTrap didn't do anything, didn't attack or even draw aggro.

Going by some of the conflicting answers here and from gearbox forums I'm hoping it's just more of DT sometimes glitching out/not understanding how DeathTrap A.I. works instead of being a permanent, intended feature.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....