Season Pass=Fraud

#31perfectbadboyPosted 10/10/2012 10:21:48 PM
gphjr14 posted...
I guess I'm not getting the mechromancer I specifically asked the gamestop clerk when he offered it if it'd include the new character and he said yes. I'm new to the franchise and didn't even play BL1 till it came out free last month on PSN+. Would've payed for the extra character but got cheated so won't pay another cent.

Might as well cut my losses and sell it while its still worth something

how did you get cheated? because you believed someone instead of ensuring the information was true and correct? That information has been out since the season pass came out right after the game was released. no ones fault but your own you didnt bother to do any research before making a purchase.

on a side note I have nice bridge in San Francisco and some ocean front property in Arizona for sale if you are interested in either.
#32SvenyipPosted 10/10/2012 10:22:58 PM
gphjr14 posted...
I guess I'm not getting the mechromancer I specifically asked the gamestop clerk when he offered it if it'd include the new character and he said yes. I'm new to the franchise and didn't even play BL1 till it came out free last month on PSN+. Would've payed for the extra character but got cheated so won't pay another cent.

"Cheated" how? By believing the ignorance of a Gamstop representative? If you feel that way, make sure your feelings of discontent are towards Gamestop and not towards Gearbox. Making incorrect assumptions isn't the same as being cheated.
---
[PS3/Vita] Peridot_Weapon
* It prays the different future is opened ... *
#33gphjr14Posted 10/10/2012 10:31:01 PM
Svenyip posted...
gphjr14 posted...

"Cheated" how? By believing the ignorance of a Gamstop representative? If you feel that way, make sure your feelings of discontent are towards Gamestop and not towards Gearbox. Making incorrect assumptions isn't the same as being cheated.

I never said I was upset with gearbox...
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#34LegendOfTheRagePosted 10/10/2012 10:31:53 PM
gphjr14 posted...

That is the dumbest post I've ever read. Seriously you say cut your losses, WHAT LOSES? You still got a dlc pack for 4 expansions, which will give your game more replayablility. Now by selling it you lose more money than just keeping the game and using the dlc you bought. Your solution to "cut your losses" is completely illogical. Your acting as if you were scammed out of your money. Now go buy the mechro, play your game, and enjoy the expansions as they release over the next few months
#35gphjr14Posted 10/11/2012 10:46:26 AM
LegendOfTheRage posted...
gphjr14 posted...

That is the dumbest post I've ever read. Seriously you say cut your losses, WHAT LOSES? You still got a dlc pack for 4 expansions, which will give your game more replayablility. Now by selling it you lose more money than just keeping the game and using the dlc you bought. Your solution to "cut your losses" is completely illogical. Your acting as if you were scammed out of your money. Now go buy the mechro, play your game, and enjoy the expansions as they release over the next few months

Not really dumb since I traded in a bunch of games I never played so I ended up paying like $50 bucks the trade ins payed for the season pass and $10 of the game.

If that's the dumbest post you've ever read, you must be new to the whole internet thing. Chillax kid
---
wiggity wham wham wozzle
#36theshovellerPosted 10/11/2012 10:53:46 AM
XAztecWarriorX posted...
Was I the only person that on 3 separate occasions (pre-ordering, standing in line waiting for release and picking up the game) sales associates told me that the Season Pass would cover all Future DLC? I know and understand Gaige was not DLC and has nothing to do with the season pass, but Randy Pitchford just tweeted that there will be a discounted price for Season Pass owners on DLC packs in the future. What the hell exactly did I pay for? Discounted prices on DLC?

Nope, what I heard was this:

Season Pass is one up-front price, in advance, for 4 DLC packs equivalent to the four DLC packs for Borderlands 1.

Later, I read an article that there was DLC planned that was "outside the scope" of the Season Pass DLC, and that Mechromancer was one such example. The Season Pass would not cover this stuff. Makes sense - look at Saint's Row 3, and there the season pass only covered the DLC story packs, and not the stuff like the Spec-Ops Vehicle pack and the "Witches & Wieners" pack.

So, I knew before Borderlands 2 came out that Season Pass wouldn't cover everything. Worse-case scenario, just ask the people on the message board - they can usually google-up the answer if they don't know it off the top of their head. I plan on getting the season pass, because I want the DLC packs. I also plan on getting the optional stuff if it's stuff I want.
#37chrishannerPosted 10/11/2012 11:16:55 AM
Is there even any point in buying the season pass from a shop?

In the UK, the season pass from GAME costs 20 pounds, on the psn it costs 23.99. I looked into it and it seems that the pass you can buy from the shop is really just a 20 pound psn voucher card with a fancy picture on it, so you would still need extra funds to buy the pass anyway.
---
"I pity the fool"-The teachings of Mr T.
#38kroakerPosted 10/11/2012 11:17:36 AM
Why are there so many people in this thread confused about Randy's 'discounted price' comment... Last I checked, getting four for the price of three was, in fact, a discounted price.

Are people getting dumber?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#39theshovellerPosted 10/11/2012 11:20:50 AM
chrishanner posted...
Is there even any point in buying the season pass from a shop?

In the UK, the season pass from GAME costs 20 pounds, on the psn it costs 23.99. I looked into it and it seems that the pass you can buy from the shop is really just a 20 pound psn voucher card with a fancy picture on it, so you would still need extra funds to buy the pass anyway.

Wow, that sucks. I figured it would be like the US, which I assume sells you a code to redeem online that grants the pack, like with a pre-order bonus. I kinda feel bad for people outside the US, now.

Except Japan. Them and their stupid "we no export Gundam, you evil Caucasian!" stuff... I'll show you, Japan-land! Caucasians are better than Asians - we have "cauc" before it, making us superior!

That last part was a joke. Do I need to say that? I'll say it again, anyway - that whole last paragraph was a joke, despite how bad I want to play an English version of AC-R or whatever it is.
#40CervosiPosted 10/11/2012 11:38:24 AM
The Season pass is quite blatantly advertised as 4 DLC campaigns for the price of 3.

The DLC is 4 campaigns for 10 USD each. So, 40 USD. You buy the season pass for 30 so you save 10 dollars.

Gaige is part of the Premier club.
---
Bluh bluh.