how to find jimmy jenkins

#1hellspawnboyPosted 10/11/2012 3:56:36 AM
keep seeing these cant find jimmy treads and came across this on an other site tried it and worked great for me,no credit to me but all credit to cocoasg at ps3trophies.com

Now, as you may have noticed, killing 'Jimmy Jenkins' is one of the Miscellaneous challenges required for the 'Challenge Accepted' trophy for Borderlands 2. Where can you find him, you ask? Unfortunately, he is a VERY rare chest spawn, mostly from ammo crates and cardboard boxes.

However, this is a near-guaranteed way to spawn Jenkins within a few runs only, since it ALWAYS spawns 4 loot loaders from 4 cardboard boxes each time when under the RIGHT conditions as below (including TIME condition!):

1) The host of the game must have the Doctor's Orders quest active, and at 0/4 (meaning no quest items picked up yet for that quest); it becomes available from Tannis in Sanctuary upon reaching Wildlife Preservation.
2) To make runs to the 4 cardboard boxes faster, the host should also have the Creature Slaughter DLC installed.
3) Simply run from the start of Wildlife Preservation to the Creature Slaughter Dome (aka Natural Selection Annex), if you have the DLC; enter and exit to set the Creature Slaughter Dome as your new reload point, or if you do not have the DLC, you will have to make do with the further start point of Wildlife Preservation.
4) Run from the Creature Slaughter Dome until you get past the Super Badass Loader guarding the holding cells. In one of those rooms, there is a big chest, some ammo crates... and FOUR cardboard boxes.
5) Gather your whole party, if more than one player, into the room, and WAIT for at least 1 min or more (this allows the area to finish loading the random 4 loot loaders into the cardboard boxes). If you open the boxes too soon, there will be no loot loaders and no chance to spawn Jimmy Jenkins.
6) Do not ever pick up the quest item in one of those 4 boxes (for the Doctor's Orders quest), not EVER; otherwise it will make this not work anymore. So simply have the host back up his/her save before doing this first, just in case.
7) When done right, a loot loader always pops out of each of the 4 boxes, giving you four chances to spawn Jimmy Jenkins out of 5 different types of loot loaders. If no Jenkins yet, reload game.
8) Repeat Steps 3 to 7, until every player in your party has killed a Jenkins each.

That is all, and good luck! =3 This worked for me and my two friends; 4 loot loaders from 4 cardboard chests each single time. The most important thing to keep in mind is the time condition, as mentioned in Step 5 above!
#2Ice WeaselPosted 10/11/2012 4:36:18 AM
To be more specific, it's the room directly to the right of Bloodwing's enclosure. And you don't really need to do all that other stuff - Jimmy is more likely to be in one of those four boxes than in another other place in the game.
#3JescoWARPosted 10/11/2012 7:12:48 AM
What if you're already 2/4?
Does it not work anymore after that?
#4nordwestPosted 10/11/2012 8:37:47 AM
I think Creature Slughter Dome and / or PT1 might have something to do with success here - ?

Without it - I have UK Premier Club edition but no CSD - I tried this and the annoyingly lengthy run a dozen or so times on 'Doctors Orders' at 0/4 in TVHM with such little luck that I've gone back to farming the boxes to the left at the start of Opportunity. Bah, at least Opportunity is quicker.

When I do finally find Jimmy Jenkins, I really want to torture him first...
---
beep
#5GreenKnight127Posted 10/11/2012 8:38:53 AM
I killed Donkey Mong.......and it was while in someone else's game. So random.
#6ManOfChapPosted 10/11/2012 9:21:44 AM
reload as in save & quit in game or quit borderlands 2 with the ps button? not sure about if it saves or not.
---
http://lbp.me/u/The_Chapman/levels
#7ElvenSlurpeePosted 10/11/2012 11:14:21 AM
I recently did something similar to this method. I had the Doctor's Orders quest active and I had picked up the first ECHO recorder.

I rushed to the "four box" room and sat around for a minute or so (I've been reading that it's wise to give ample load time to the room, not sure how necessary it is). Then open all the boxes. I was on PT1 and ~50% of the time I would get loot midgets/loaders popping out of the boxes. I found that resetting the quest, as in just reselecting it in the quest list, seems to help spawn the loot midgets/loaders. If I didn't find him, I just saved, quit, and reloaded.

It took me around 4 tries to get Jimmy - I joined the game, splitscreen, with my main character who doesn't have the quest open and had him kill Jimmy.

So, I don't think it's mandatory to have 0/4 ECHOs. In fact, a friend of mine just did it today with the ECHO from the card board box already picked up and he was still getting plenty of loot midgets/loaders spawning.

I don't have the CSD, but if you do have it, you can expedite the process just because you load like two areas away. I'm not sure it has any effect on loot loader spawn rates.
#8nordwestPosted 10/12/2012 3:04:56 AM
nordwest posted...
I think Creature Slughter Dome and / or PT1 might have something to do with success here - ?

Without it - I have UK Premier Club edition but no CSD - I tried this and the annoyingly lengthy run a dozen or so times on 'Doctors Orders' at 0/4 in TVHM with such little luck that I've gone back to farming the boxes to the left at the start of Opportunity. Bah, at least Opportunity is quicker.

...and bizarrely enough - when I stop looking - he finally turned up for me at Thousand Cuts, in one of the boxes to the right just before the bridge to Control Core Angel. Is that another regular spawn for him? No idea, but dumping a fat Corrosive Singularity on his lifeless little robotic corpse felt good. Very good.
---
beep
#9PFireflyPosted 10/12/2012 3:20:47 AM
I used this method a couple days ago in coop with a buddy. 99% of the time all four boxes had loaders, but JJ wasn't showing up. We ran it for almost 2 1/2 hours with no luck. I was about ready to quit for the night when he popped out of the second box. I was happy since I now had the trophy, but wasn't looking forward to the same grind so my buddy could get him. Decided to open the rest of the boxes before restart and he came out of box 3...

I'm certain the little bastard was trolling on purpose.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#10mosespippyPosted 10/12/2012 5:40:15 AM
nordwest posted...

Creature Slaughter Dome is DLC? I never downloaded it and I can go there. I couldn't find it in my first play through but on my second I joined a random game and the host went there. Now I can go there.