How to get the boss vermivorous?

#1Mini_man3Posted 10/13/2012 6:40:49 PM
So i was playing borderlands online randomly and i heard that there's a boss called vermivorous the invincible. Does anyone know how to get him and who wants to kill him. im a level 50 assassin PSN:GeneralDipzz
---
PSN: GeneralDipzz
#2TastefulAvengerPosted 10/13/2012 6:44:53 PM
he comes from any varkid given it can level up to him i say give a varkid 2-3mins between evolution if it won't morph kill it then move on. Best farming areas for him are Tundra express and caverns .
---
psn : Tastefulxninja
#3crimsonhawk47Posted 10/13/2012 6:46:27 PM
So it's kind of disputed how to get him. Varkids have different levels, adult, badass, superbadass, ultimate, then there might be one after that before vermivorous. Heres the rumors that are going around.

Varkids can only level three times, so you need to start with a badass.
The blood of terramorphous makes it more likely that he will spawn.
Varkids have an easier time evolving with other varkids around.
The level that is before vermivorous needs to kill another creature to evolve to vermivorous.

Nobody has disproven the level three times thing, but I've heard the other ones may not be true. I also wanna kill him. Add me snapperg.
#4xenmindPosted 10/13/2012 6:47:20 PM
Under perfect conditions you get 16 varkids let them pod up. Into adults you should get 8 adults from the 16. From the 8 adults you should get 4 badass. Into 2 super badass. Into 1 ultimate badass. And the ultimate should turn into the boss.
Pretty much each evolution has a 1 in 4 chance for progression
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#5xenmindPosted 10/13/2012 6:49:09 PM
I can confirm the 3x level is NOT true
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#6punk paul43Posted 10/13/2012 6:51:44 PM
xenmind posted...
Under perfect conditions you get 16 varkids let them pod up. Into adults you should get 8 adults from the 16. From the 8 adults you should get 4 badass. Into 2 super badass. Into 1 ultimate badass. And the ultimate should turn into the boss.
Pretty much each evolution has a 1 in 4 chance for progression

they dont combine lol, one varkid makes one adult makes one badass eventually makes one verm, they just are randomly capped how high they can evolve when they first appear and the only way to see that cap is to keep letting them evolve. dont even bother damaging them or anything, just run around and if they dont pod after a couple minutes kill them and try again.
---
balls
#7DougieDoug12Posted 10/13/2012 6:52:44 PM
Me too. I've watched larva turn into Ultimate plenty of times...I've nursed them from birth to death (at my hands)
---
"You need your past to be who you are now." -Jin Uzuki
#8TastefulAvengerPosted 10/13/2012 6:54:03 PM
ignore crimsonhawk...he seems to be missing a few nuts and bolts, or he's attempting to be one of the many trolls lurking this forum
---
psn : Tastefulxninja
#9gabberknightPosted 10/13/2012 8:31:25 PM
so is there a difference in the way a blood verm evolves compared to a normal larval verm?
---
PSN: pudelicious
#10shoe7essPosted 10/13/2012 8:48:27 PM
crimsonhawk47 posted...
So it's kind of disputed how to get him. Varkids have different levels, adult, badass, superbadass, ultimate, then there might be one after that before vermivorous. Heres the rumors that are going around.

Varkids can only level three times, so you need to start with a badass.
The blood of terramorphous makes it more likely that he will spawn.
Varkids have an easier time evolving with other varkids around.
The level that is before vermivorous needs to kill another creature to evolve to vermivorous.

Nobody has disproven the level three times thing, but I've heard the other ones may not be true. I also wanna kill him. Add me snapperg.

Varkids don't have a static cap for the amount they can evolve, some may evolve from larval to ultimate, some may not, but plenty of people have disproved the 3x leveling thing.
---
I ride the spiral to the end, and may just go where no one's been.
PSN: shoe7ess